Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If we got it right, all the Kings need to do is take Brown away from Byfield and they get an instant top 6 player. Why waste assets?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
If we got it right, all the Kings need to do is take Brown away from Byfield and they get an instant top 6 player. Why waste assets?
You say waste assets but forget that all of them won’t even make/ have a shot to knock of some of the core for a regular spot. At some point you need to make a decision. Not saying that has to be now but likely very soon.

On the flip side you could also say that you’re getting offered legit top 6 forwards and the prospect may never be nearly as good as this here/now player.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
No it called evaluating the propects we do have.The Kings are not a serious contender, so no need to trade away a bunch of assets this season.The whole third line sucks regardless the finger pointing.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I would be really bummed if Faber gets traded. There are really only three guys I absolutely don't want to move: Byfield, Clarke, and Faber.

What's the cost on Boeser or Miller? Kupari, Grans, a 1st?
I would think Van would be all ears to that type of an offer.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
No it called evaluating the propects we do have.The Kings are not a serious contender, so no need to trade away a bunch of assets this season.The whole third line sucks regardless the finger pointing.
Oh I agree with you I was only saying that because that's all King fans talk about when it comes to Byfields development and 1 point.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Are the Canucks really moving a 24 year old (I guess 25 as of tomorrow) Boeser? That signals complete tear down, as opposed to retool. Seems like the Canucks would just be spinning their wheels.
Doesn't signal tear down at all. Moving some pieces for futures is absolutely what this team needs to do. What makes you so hyperbolic about that idea?

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Have they considered playing Byfield between 2 better wingers than Brown or AA?
Todd McLellan:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Youre so obsessed with the kings its comical. Just join us already you wanna be a fan so bad
For stating a fact? Don't be petty. I'm just repeating the same excuses everyone sees in every thread discussing Byfield. There's probably a reason he's not in the top 6.... He has 1 point. We can discuss in the Byfield thread.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
For stating a fact? Don't be petty. I'm just repeating the same excuses everyone sees in every thread discussing Byfield. There's probably a reason he's not in the top 6.... He has 1 point. We can discuss in the Byfield thread.
Youre in every kings thread i click on its really sad. But if you want to turn your life around we accept you

Reactions: Ghetty Green

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Youre in every kings thread i click on its really sad. But if you want to turn your life around we accept you
That's weird you must open every single thread or have me confused with someone else... Look at my post history I have no idea what you're talking about lol I comment on prospect forum on everyone. Real stalker status going on here.

Reactions: Schmooley

Ronk

Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Let's see what Vilardi can do on the wing in the NHL. He has done enough in the A to prove the move didn't hamper him. Give it a test run on that 3rd line from hell and if it doesn't work then LA knows before the deadline.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Sometimes saying nothing is the best (non) response.

Let me ask you this… who do you value more: Clarke or Faber?

At the moment you have doughty, Roy, Durzi…add in Clarke, Faber, grans, Spence down the pipe line. The chances of hanging on to all of them seems a bit overkill. This is when you utilize a strength for a need (trade to bolster your lineup somewhere else).

Clarke and Faber are 2 best defensive prospects Kings have.
You will not get them without huge overpayment.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
On the flip side you could also say that you’re getting offered legit top 6 forwards and the prospect may never be nearly as good as this here/now player.

Do i miss something here?

I didn't see any player offered here that can't be bypassed by our youngsters.
Maybe it happens, maybe not.

I am willing to take the risk

Reactions: kinghock

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
perhaps one of the stupidest takes ive read.

Reactions: Guitpik

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Do i miss something here?

I didn't see any player offered here that can't be bypassed by our youngsters.
Maybe it happens, maybe not.

I am willing to take the risk
My point was any of Boeser/miller/garland would nicely bump into your top 6. Whereas prospects are not a for sure thing.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Yeah, that sounds like a fair judgement.

The Canucks and Kings don't run into too many trade proposals, so we are not familiar
with each others needs.

In general the Kings looking for a pure goal scorer with a mindset like Laine or Ovechkin who doesn't even know that a defense zone exists
or a towering defender who can clear even the biggest threats in front of the goal.

You Canucks fans are very pleasant to deal with, since there are other fanbases who are well aware of our needs and always offer the exact opposite and then try to explain, why we really like the opposite of what we are asking for

YEah from what i am reading here we are great trade partners. We need a stay at home RHD - sounds like Faber would be the guy who would most fit that bill whereas Boeser fits nicely for you. I assume you would have to add a bit but that's a good basis right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad