Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
This is a discussion forum and the title of the thread is "LA is looking at Vancouver for some scoring additions" - As stated by Elliott Friedman. Not sure what else you really want. Is that 100% confirmation - No. Is your opinion on what the Kings should do and who's available and who isn't 100% fact - No. So join the discussion or leave the thread - seems pretty easy actually.

Dude, you don't tell him to go away because he was asking a simple question.

He asked for a link or any confirmation when a single user directly declared that the Kings requesting Miller.
There is no reason to yell at him just because there is no evidence.

You also have been told that no Canucks player is upgrading the Kings so we can actually close the thread.
Just go to the Leafs, your village idiot Friedman is already reporting trades over there, since his opinions are guiding the NHL GM's

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I am curious about how Kings fans see the next couple years playing out for LA on their back end. Doughty is not going anywhere and is signed for the next 5 seasons after this. Roy and Walker type dman are valuable but can also be replaced as the young players develop. Would it be fair to think if development goes as planned the Kings right side in 3 years should/could be Doughty, Clarke and Faber? Use 1 or 2 of the other prospects to land a LHD? Bjornfot and Anderson make up a good 2nd and 3rd pairing LHD, just looking for someone to play with Doughty?
We dont really know cause Blake is stockpiling his draft picks while also signing veterans and not trading any assets. But I can see Roy and Walker being moved in the offseason. Clarke will be on the team next year on the second pair in place of Roy while Walker is too pricey for a 7th dman and Moverare can fill that role.
If Clarke is as good as hes being sold to us fans then hell take over Doughtys spot as the number one in a couple years and Faber/Durzi/Spence/Grans are competing for two spots behind him. If they dont bring in a left dman maybe one can convert. I think Roy, Walker and Grans will be the first to be moved from the lot of them but maybe only Grans during this season if they dont care about the AHL playoff run.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
My goodness LA has a lot of quality right shot prospects.

Sorry to the LA fans who love Faber but he’s the obvious target here as Van desperately needs top 4 up-side defensively responsible RHD prospects. I get loving a prospect but with Roy, Walker, Durzi, and potentially even Clarke and Grans (not to mention Doughty) also on RD I think you can spare him. Have to give to get and gotta think this would be Van’s main target.

Most likely they’ll look for a forward as the second piece. JAD or Thomas would make sense unless they feel like they need a shooter to replace Boeser, in which case could be Kaliyev, Fagemo, or even Chromiak or Pinelli. There are a lot of great options.

Pretty unlikely but these two teams complete each other so well it might even be worth an additional switch of LD/RD prospects. Rathbone from the Canucks is dynamic and ready for the NHL (May have a learning curve) but he has Hughes and OEL ahead of him for years and his skill-set does not scream bottom pair. He would fit much better in LA’s system and could be a fit to partner with Roy or Walker as early as next season. Grans is probably worth slightly less because earlier in his development. Adding this swap may make it easier to make the third piece a 1st.

So my super fantasy proposal: Boeser, Rathbone, 6th for Faber, JAD/Thomas, Grans, 1st.

More likely: Boeser, 5th for Faber, JAD/Thomas, 1st.

or you could just trade us Clarke straight up

The 1st will be difficult to pry out of L.A.
Clarke and Grans are out of question, so your 2nd offer is more likely.

I just try to figure out why you Canucks guys have Faber all wrong.
From what i read, you guys are looking for a stay at home RHD.
Faber is everything but that. He is a quick offensive minded top4 d-men

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
The 1st will be difficult to pry out of L.A.
Clarke and Grans are out of question, so your 2nd offer is more likely.

I just try to figure out why you Canucks guys have Faber all wrong.
From what i read, you guys are looking for a stay at home RHD.
Faber is everything but that. He is a quick offensive minded top4 d-men

Immediate need would be a defensive RD to play with Hughes. But overall, we could use any type of good RD prospect, it's pretty much a wasteland for us in that position throughout the entire organization.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
After last night's beatdown of the Flames, 3 points out of the wildcard don't see why Vancouver should trade guys for futures. They have 2 extra games played, but are still very much in the mix.

Maybe a player for player swap?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
After last night's beatdown of the Flames, 3 points out of the wildcard don't see why Vancouver should trade guys for futures. They have 2 extra games played, but are still very much in the mix.

Still a bit away from the deadline, things could change.

I don't see anything happening on the Canucks trade front until closer to/at the deadline.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

I always prefer trades like that

If Vancouver has a goal scoring winger without any defensive awareness available i would be listening for
1vs1 offers.

It looks like the Canucks are looking for defenders, so asking for defenders would be weird

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I am curious about how Kings fans see the next couple years playing out for LA on their back end. Doughty is not going anywhere and is signed for the next 5 seasons after this. Roy and Walker type dman are valuable but can also be replaced as the young players develop. Would it be fair to think if development goes as planned the Kings right side in 3 years should/could be Doughty, Clarke and Faber? Use 1 or 2 of the other prospects to land a LHD? Bjornfot and Anderson make up a good 2nd and 3rd pairing LHD, just looking for someone to play with Doughty?

Yea your pretty much in line with our hope. To me Anderson is the player to play with Drew and depends on how Clarke turns out as to what type of defenseman is needed. If Clark is as good as thing appear I would rather see us get a more physical guy as the 2nd pair on the left side. At this point I wouldn’t move any of the guys you listed outside of Walker.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Dude, you don't tell him to go away because he was asking a simple question.

He asked for a link or any confirmation when a single user directly declared that the Kings requesting Miller.
There is no reason to yell at him just because there is no evidence.

You also have been told that no Canucks player is upgrading the Kings so we can actually close the thread.
Just go to the Leafs, your village idiot Friedman is already reporting trades over there, since his opinions are guiding the NHL GM's
Not sure where you're getting your info from.
1) - I didn't tell anyone to go away. I said its a discussion forum he can discuss or leave it's simple. Secondly I was responding to a post that actually stated leave LA alone
2) - it wasn't an ask for clarity, it was a snide comment responding to the poster stating LA was the ones looking for additional scoring and looking at Vancouver, not Vancouver peddling its wares. The poster also never said anything about LA being interested in Miller. He proposed a Miller trade and when told to leave LA alone, he said it was LA looking at Van. Nothing specific to Miller at all.
3) - yelling??? I'll assume heavy drug use, but no all CAPS or harsh or critical words, but a clarification that the title of the thread indicated it was LA looking at Vancouver and not the other way around. I also clearly stated join the discussion - so not sure what caused you to jump on this set of posts without clearly understanding the back ground but I'm sure the other poster is happy to have you defending their honor.

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

This is really good assessment

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Canucks will not be trading Boeser/ garland for an older lesser D like Roy. So if it’s not a D prospect then the forward prospects being included need to be decent.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
rumour gets posted into thread...teams fans who has to give up assets for a player immediately get all defensive...RELAX PEOPLE, this is a hockey discussion forum...guaranteed there will almost NEVER be a thread 2 teams fans will happily agree on, don't like it don't reply...life is too short to whine and bitch about something you have NO CONTROL over!

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Not sure where you're getting your info from.
1) - I didn't tell anyone to go away. I said its a discussion forum he can discuss or leave it's simple. Secondly I was responding to a post that actually stated leave LA alone
2) - it wasn't an ask for clarity, it was a snide comment responding to the poster stating LA was the ones looking for additional scoring and looking at Vancouver, not Vancouver peddling its wares. The poster also never said anything about LA being interested in Miller. He proposed a Miller trade and when told to leave LA alone, he said it was LA looking at Van. Nothing specific to Miller at all.
3) - yelling??? I'll assume heavy drug use, but no all CAPS or harsh or critical words, but a clarification that the title of the thread indicated it was LA looking at Vancouver and not the other way around. I also clearly stated join the discussion - so not sure what caused you to jump on this set of posts without clearly understanding the back ground but I'm sure the other poster is happy to have you defending their honor.
I kinda understand what you are saying but two of your fellow canuck fans chit chatting about Miller’s value and another one saying, “good for you but leave us out of it” is a fair comment.

Reactions: kinghock

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I kinda understand what you are saying but two of your fellow canuck fans chit chatting about Miller’s value and another one saying, “good for you but leave us out of it” is a fair comment.
....As is join the discussion or leave as far as I'm concerned

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
There's no way Blake doesnt give Doughty Quick Kopi Brown another shot at a playoff run.

If I was an LA fan I wouldnt get too attached to prospects not named Byfield, Clarke, Turcotte.

I'd think someone like Brock Boeser is more their target though as he is only 25 yrs old and can grow with their up and coming new core.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
....As is join the discussion or leave as far as I'm concerned
Now thats complete bull.

Are we bothering you with any interest for Doughty ? If you rightfully say, what a nonsense. I counter with, why so, they need a right handed defenseman. Join the discussion or leave !

La might be interested in Boeser, possibly Garland and MOST LIKELY nobody at all. Certainly not Miller who doesn’t fit the timeline.

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad