Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The cost for Miller is significantly different from the cost of Boeser.

Boeser= 1st and A-prospect
Miller= 1st , A-prospect + another pick ( 2nd) or another B-prospect

Change Miller value to a 1st, A prospect plus another A prospect

Canucks arent trading a 100 point player for some loose change lol

In fact they might even re-sign him the way he is going. Another 4 point night

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
My goodness LA has a lot of quality right shot prospects.

Sorry to the LA fans who love Faber but he’s the obvious target here as Van desperately needs top 4 up-side defensively responsible RHD prospects. I get loving a prospect but with Roy, Walker, Durzi, and potentially even Clarke and Grans (not to mention Doughty) also on RD I think you can spare him. Have to give to get and gotta think this would be Van’s main target.

Most likely they’ll look for a forward as the second piece. JAD or Thomas would make sense unless they feel like they need a shooter to replace Boeser, in which case could be Kaliyev, Fagemo, or even Chromiak or Pinelli. There are a lot of great options.

Pretty unlikely but these two teams complete each other so well it might even be worth an additional switch of LD/RD prospects. Rathbone from the Canucks is dynamic and ready for the NHL (May have a learning curve) but he has Hughes and OEL ahead of him for years and his skill-set does not scream bottom pair. He would fit much better in LA’s system and could be a fit to partner with Roy or Walker as early as next season. Grans is probably worth slightly less because earlier in his development. Adding this swap may make it easier to make the third piece a 1st.

So my super fantasy proposal: Boeser, Rathbone, 6th for Faber, JAD/Thomas, Grans, 1st.

More likely: Boeser, 5th for Faber, JAD/Thomas, 1st.

or you could just trade us Clarke straight up

Last edited:
Reactions: VancouverJagger

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Brock Boeser (50% retained) & Tanner Pearson for expirings & prospects/picks?

Making room in the top-9 may entice both Aidan Mcdonough & Andrei Kuzmenko to sign. Additionally creates training camp competition between Linas Karlsson, Dmitry Zlodeyev, Danila Klimovich, etc.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Sorry to the LA fans who love Faber but he’s the obvious target here as Van desperately needs top 4 up-side defensively responsible RHD prospects. I get loving a prospect but with Roy, Walker, Durzi, and potentially even Clarke and Grans (not to mention Doughty) also on RD I think you can spare him. Have to give to get and gotta think this would be Van’s main target.

Most likely they’ll look for a forward as the second piece. JAD or Thomas would make sense unless they feel like they need a shooter to replace Boeser, in which case could be Kaliyev, Fagemo, or even Chromiak or Pinelli. There are a lot of great options.

Pretty unlikely but these two teams complete each other so well it might even be worth an additional switch of LD/RD prospects. Rathbone from the Canucks is dynamic and ready for the NHL (May have a learning curve) but he has Hughes and OEL ahead of him for years and his skill-set does not scream bottom pair. He would fit much better in LA’s system and could be a fit to partner with Roy or Walker as early as next season. Grans is probably worth slightly less because earlier in his development. Adding this swap may make it easier to make the third piece a 1st.

So my super fantasy proposal: Boeser, Rathbone, 6th for Faber, JAD/Thomas, Grans, 1st.

I do not believe Faber is available in trade for Boeser period.
Also there is no confirmations from Kings insiders that LA is interested in Boeser.
Actually there is no any confirmation that Kings are interested in Boeser.
Kings need to give new big contract for Kempe and other important players.
There is simply no place on Kings for Boeser new contract.

Reactions: Guitpik

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Also there is no confirmations from Kings insiders that LA is interested in Boeser.
Message Boards are about speculating. You can speculate they have no interest and I can speculate there is. All we know is your GM says he wants scoring and BB can score.

Message boards are also about opinions and if your opinion is that your 7 to 10th best prospect (depending on how you define prospect) isn’t available for a 24 year old who averages 31 goals over 82 games then good for you. This message board is full of posters who overate their own prospects.

However, your cap situation is not an opinion. Unless you plan on re-signing or giving raises to all of Brown, AA, Maata, and Edler, then there’s plenty of cap for both Kempe and Boeser. Even if you think it’s unwise, there’s easily room.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Message Boards are about speculating. You can speculate they have no interest and I can speculate there is. All we know is your GM says he wants scoring and BB can score.

Message boards are also about opinions and if your opinion is that your 7 to 10th best prospect (depending on how you define prospect) isn’t available for a 24 year old who averages 31 goals over 82 games then good for you. This message board is full of posters who overate their own prospects.

However, your cap situation is not an opinion. Unless you plan on re-signing or giving raises to all of Brown, AA, Maata, and Edler, then there’s plenty of cap for both Kempe and Boeser. Even if you think it’s unwise, there’s easily room.

There is a correction here.
Kings GM says he wants scoring, but is not ready to trade more assets than he gave for Arvidsson

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Walker is likely to be moved in the offseason.

Reactions: go4hockey

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Most Kings “insiders” work for the team. So not much likely to leak from them.

As others have mentioned, Nucks/Kings have so many pieces that work for each other. Just being in the same division makes interesting.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Most Kings “insiders” work for the team. So not much likely to leak from them.

As others have mentioned, Nucks/Kings have so many pieces that work for each other. Just bring in the same division makes interesting.
Goalie is really the only position where trading within the division is worrisome.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Can you please provide confirmed link where LA is the one interested?
This is a discussion forum and the title of the thread is "LA is looking at Vancouver for some scoring additions" - As stated by Elliott Friedman. Not sure what else you really want. Is that 100% confirmation - No. Is your opinion on what the Kings should do and who's available and who isn't 100% fact - No. So join the discussion or leave the thread - seems pretty easy actually.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Sean Walker, Sean Durzi, Jordan Spence, Helge Grans, Brock Faber, Austin Strand.

Take your RHD pick.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean I get not wanting to give up assets, no one does. Perhaps you are looking to add a piece a few tiers below Boeser than. Maybe that’s good enough for you right now?
From the Canucks, if LA does not want to go more than the arvidsson deal that kind of leaves Pearson as a scoring option. Van can do better elsewhere with their top 6 guys than an arvidsson return.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Durzi should be going nowhere anytime soon. And LA should not be dumb enough to say take your pick, more here’s who is available and move the prospect they want to move.
I am curious about how Kings fans see the next couple years playing out for LA on their back end. Doughty is not going anywhere and is signed for the next 5 seasons after this. Roy and Walker type dman are valuable but can also be replaced as the young players develop. Would it be fair to think if development goes as planned the Kings right side in 3 years should/could be Doughty, Clarke and Faber? Use 1 or 2 of the other prospects to land a LHD? Bjornfot and Anderson make up a good 2nd and 3rd pairing LHD, just looking for someone to play with Doughty?

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad