Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
It's Friedman's thoughts that the Kings should look to Vancouver and IF something is supposed to happen, it would roughly be around the Arvidson return. So 2nd/3rd rounder territory, which i exactly where the Canucks forwards are fitting./QUOTE]

Arvidsson was seen as a declining asset with term. I imagine other teams were afraid to up the ante given his slowing production and reckless style. Kings made a good bet it seems with him having a nice year, more in line with his prime years before he slowed down for his last couple in Nash.

I believe consensus at the time was that Kings paid a fair if not cheap price. The Canucks forwards, unless you're talking about like Pearson, are not in the "2nd/3rd rounder territory".

Arvidsson was seen as a declining asset with term. Kings made a good bet it seems with him having a nice year, more in line with his prime years before he slowed down for his last couple in Nash.

The Canucks forwards, unless you're talking about like Pearson, are not in the "2nd/3rd rounder territory".

Last edited:
Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Arvidsson was seen as a declining asset with term. Kings made a good bet it seems with him having a nice year, more in line with his prime years before he slowed down for his last couple in Nash.

The Canucks forwards, unless you're talking about like Pearson, are not in the "2nd/3rd rounder territory".

Alright, let's close this thread.

Kings are not in a place to invest major assets for minimal improvement.
We fight for our lives to barely make the playoff, not contending for the cup

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Just out of interest, why exactly would we trade for Vatrano in general, regardless the return?

Vatrano scores at a 20 goal mark for most part, all even strength and cheap caphit and money owed..
He's likely better than AA on 3rd line LW

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Alright, let's close this thread.

Kings are not in a place to invest major assets for minimal improvement.
We fight for our lives to barely make the playoff, not contending for the cup

I'm not suggesting that the Kings should go all in or pay something that'll hurt for one of the Canucks forwards.

But to suggest guys like Miller, Boeser and Garland ought to be priced @ 2nd/3rd rounder is ridiculous.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm not suggesting that the Kings should go all in or pay something that'll hurt for one of the Canucks forwards.

But to suggest guys like Miller, Boeser and Garland ought to be priced @ 2nd/3rd rounder is ridiculous.

It's best not to engage, I think. Some people forget that we're all just hockey nerds who like to pretend we're GMs. Is it likely that LA lands Garland, Boeser, or Miller? No, probably not. Do I have fun pretending and gauging value? Yep.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Arvidsson was seen as a declining asset with term. I imagine other teams were afraid to up the ante given his slowing production and reckless style. Kings made a good bet it seems with him having a nice year, more in line with his prime years before he slowed down for his last couple in Nash.

I believe consensus at the time was that Kings paid a fair if not cheap price. The Canucks forwards, unless you're talking about like Pearson, are not in the "2nd/3rd rounder territory".

You quoted me but I didn't write that :huh:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Correct — AA is there just to make the cap work this season. Brown's contract falls of next season, so there aren't any issues moving forward.

So what's the difference? Is Grans valued for Vancouver? Does Faber + Madden move the dial? What about Grans and a 1st instead? JAD? Vilardi? So many options from LA.

I'd push for:
Garland
For
Grans or Faber + Vilardi + anything you need to send to make the money work this season.

Garland is on a real nice deal, and will be in our division, so it would be a heavy cost for sure.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Kings and Canucks are not good trade partners,Kings are not desperate.
I don't think that offer is a desperate one. Kings get a proven 25 YO play diver on a great deal, and keep their 3 or 4 best prospects.

I think they make great partners, same division aside.

Reactions: bland
Feb 19, 2018
Skipping ahead without reading has anyone suggested both Miller and Boeser to LA?
Both have had chemistry together and for a majority of his time in Vancouver Miller has played with Brock. If the Canucks could get better piece’s like Clarke +1st + Turcotte?
Honestly, both teams are looking for what one another have and I could see Rutherford salivating at the thought of that much cap to restructure the team the way he wants.
LA gets to keep Byfield as they should instead of Clarke and instantly becomes a playoff contender with all the other Prospects ready to step in. Obviously pieces could be added as I’d add Hoglander in the deal to replace Turcotte with Byfield and drop the first round pick.

Reactions: Nucks2477

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Saw it and rather see what Kings propects can do before trading away assets at that price this season.
I don't think that offer is a desperate one. Kings get a proven 25 YO play diver on a great deal, and keep their 3 or 4 best prospects.

I think they make great partners, same division aside.

Garland for Vilardi and Spence makes a lot of sense for both teams. The Canucks can get their major haul for Miller elsewhere.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Why is Boeser on the market ? I always thought he was a good player

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Feels like most teams that have been linked to miller (or Canucks in general) have a fan base that is very resistant on moving prospects or picks.

Guess time will tell what GM’s do and if they are on the same page as fans.

Reactions: deaderhead28

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I would be really bummed if Faber gets traded. There are really only three guys I absolutely don't want to move: Byfield, Clarke, and Faber.

What's the cost on Boeser or Miller? Kupari, Grans, a 1st?
Seems like a reasonable offer for either player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad