Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I say this as a Kings fan but if I’m Vancouver, the Dman I focus on isn’t Grans but rather Jordan Spence.
The kid has been phenomenal in his first season in the AHL and gives off serious Lubomir Visnovski vibes… if you kids don’t know who that is, you should look him up.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
What would LA give up?

He wouldnt come cheap.

Cost controlled for 5 years at a very good AAV for a 25 yr old winger that drives any line he plays on.

He might have more value than Boeser.
Garland absolutely has more value than Boeser. He is a play driver, on a very good deal. Boeser is more of a complimentary piece, who will likely command a bigger contract.

LA has a ton of nice pieces, they could put together a very nice package to get a deal done.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Why would the Kings want to trade with a division rival? There are plenty of other teams to possibly trade with in terms of looking for a goal scorer. In fact if I was Rob Blake, I would look at a guy like Daniel Sprong from the Caps. He's not a good fit with them(in and out of the lineup). Good speed and a good shot. He would be like a Gaborik lite. With how workman like the Kings are generating shots, they need more pure goal scorers that can rip it on a dime from the circles. Sprong can give you that and I don't think he would cost much.

Would love to see a Caps/Kings deal regarding Quick for Sprong($725k, RFA), Kempny($2.5 mil, UFA) or Schultz($4 mil, UFA), plus 2nd. Of course the Kings are in a non wild card playoff spot and looking to challenge Vegas but below the Flames. So it would not happen.
Odd take, I understand the less expensive option, and maybe you find that diamond in the rough, but Sprong is in his D+6 season has 13 points in 42 games. By comparison (your own comparison) Gaborik in his D+6 season already had 3 x 30+ goal seasons including 38 in his D+6 season. Gaborik did more in one season than Sprong has over his 6 partial NHL seasons. I get that they are both fast, but at this point Sprong is probably better described as Athanasiou lite.

Reactions: CanuckCity

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He is the only one I would have an interest in. And LA was in on him in the past.
Yup, Garland makes the most sense and I could see Vilardi, and (unfortunately because he is a star in the making) potentially Spence in that deal.

Faber isn't going anywhere.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
How about Klimovich and Jet Woo for Adrien Kempe

Remember it free's up a bunch of cap space for LA as he's gonna want a big raise after this year. That's the key getting cap space :sarcasm:

In all seriousness a deal between LA and Vancouver only makes sense on a going different directions level which would logically be a deal around Tanner Pearson mayyybeee Miller but that would require such an overpayment its not worth getting King fans upset about the price

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Vancouver is looking for defense and Garland is the better option, does something like Athanasiou + Grans + Madden make sense? A third line of Iafallo / Byfield / Garland would be pretty nice.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
What's wrong with you guys....

Did you even read the article?

It's Friedman's thoughts that the Kings should look to Vancouver and IF something is supposed to happen, it would roughly be around the Arvidson return. So 2nd/3rd rounder territory, which i exactly where the Canucks forwards are fitting.

I already have no idea why we would trade with Vancouver at all, they don't have anything that would upgrade us.
Not to mention asking for people like Clarke.... this is madness.

Be prepared to be heavily dissappointed, this is Friedmans regular throwing crap at the wall and see what sticks.
I don't see any trade happening

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
How about Klimovich and Jet Woo for Adrien Kempe

Remember it free's up a bunch of cap space for LA as he's gonna want a big raise after this year. That's the key getting cap space :sarcasm:

In all seriousness a deal between LA and Vancouver only makes sense on a going different directions level which would logically be a deal around Tanner Pearson mayyybeee Miller but that would require such an overpayment its not worth getting King fans upset about the price

Kings have absolutely zero interest in bringing back Tanner Pearson. We traded him for a third round pick when he was a better player.

Reactions: go4hockey

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If Vancouver is looking for defense and Garland is the better option, does something like Athanasiou + Grans + Madden make sense? A third line of Iafallo / Byfield / Garland would be pretty nice.
No it doesn't AA is a UFA so only there for roster reasons. Grans and Madden aren't enough in my opinion. Both are solid prospects but not really the caliber you want if your moving a top 6 forward on a good deal with term.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
No it doesn't AA is a UFA so only there for roster reasons. Grans and Madden aren't enough in my opinion. Both are solid prospects but not really the caliber you want if your moving a top 6 forward on a good deal with term.

Correct — AA is there just to make the cap work this season. Brown's contract falls of next season, so there aren't any issues moving forward.

So what's the difference? Is Grans valued for Vancouver? Does Faber + Madden move the dial? What about Grans and a 1st instead? JAD? Vilardi? So many options from LA.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
What's wrong with you guys....

Did you even read the article?

It's Friedman's thoughts that the Kings should look to Vancouver and IF something is supposed to happen, it would roughly be around the Arvidson return. So 2nd/3rd rounder territory, which i exactly where the Canucks forwards are fitting.

I already have no idea why we would trade with Vancouver at all, they don't have anything that would upgrade us.
Not to mention asking for people like Clarke.... this is madness.

Be prepared to be heavily dissappointed, this is Friedmans regular throwing crap at the wall and see what sticks.
I don't see any trade happening

We dont have any forwards that you'd want that would only cost a 2nd or 3rd.

We have guys like Miller, Boeser and Garland whom all will fetch at least a 1st.

Friendman said so himself, " I dont think LA will get away with just paying a 2nd and 3rd for what they want with Vancouver"

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Just my 2 cents:

I dont think Garland is being made available. I think alot of teams are calling for him but Van management has shot down any Garland being available rumors where as they have not said anything about Miller or Boeser not being available.

I think it will be very unlikely that Garland gets moved.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Why would the Kings want to trade with a division rival? There are plenty of other teams to possibly trade with in terms of looking for a goal scorer. In fact if I was Rob Blake, I would look at a guy like Daniel Sprong from the Caps. He's not a good fit with them(in and out of the lineup). Good speed and a good shot. He would be like a Gaborik lite. With how workman like the Kings are generating shots, they need more pure goal scorers that can rip it on a dime from the circles. Sprong can give you that and I don't think he would cost much.

Would love to see a Caps/Kings deal regarding Quick for Sprong($725k, RFA), Kempny($2.5 mil, UFA) or Schultz($4 mil, UFA), plus 2nd. Of course the Kings are in a non wild card playoff spot and looking to challenge Vegas but below the Flames. So it would not happen.

LOL its okay to not want to trade with division rivals but its apples to oranges comparing Rob Blake's interest on Miller/Boeser/Garland and saying he should be interested in Daniel Sprong instead.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
We dont have any forwards that you'd want that would only cost a 2nd or 3rd.

We have guys like Miller, Boeser and Garland whom all will fetch at least a 1st.

Friendman said so himself, " I dont think LA will get away with just paying a 2nd and 3rd for what they want with Vancouver"

This is exactly why there will be no trade.

Not a single thing Friedman predicted this year became reality, just as a reminder.
This guy is just spraying random crap around mostly including Canadian teams, because those guys click on absolutely everything.
This is for clicks and nothing else

Remember when he reported for weeks how Vancouver forwards going to Toronto?
This lost traction, now he moves to another innocent team with a deep prospect pool to make stuff up.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Correct — AA is there just to make the cap work this season. Brown's contract falls of next season, so there aren't any issues moving forward.

So what's the difference? Is Grans valued for Vancouver? Does Faber + Madden move the dial? What about Grans and a 1st instead? JAD? Vilardi? So many options from LA.
Of the players you mentioned I like - 1) Faber, 2/3) LA 1st and Grans - I see them as pretty equal, 4) Vilardi.
These are solid pieces and I could see it working for both teams. Grans and the 1st would be my absolute lowest accepted offer. This is all based on my opinion of coarse so I could be way off, but that's what I think would fit Vancouver's needs the most.

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Panthers could offer Vatrano, he's on an expiring deal but still young enough to re-sign if he clicks with Kings.

Florida would likely take a 3rd rounder or defenseman with expiring deal for a forward/defense swap.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Panthers could offer Vatrano, he's on an expiring deal but still young enough to re-sign if he clicks with Kings.

Florida would likely take a 3rd rounder or defenseman with expiring deal for a forward/defense swap.

Just out of interest, why exactly would we trade for Vatrano in general, regardless the return?

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad