Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Are the Canucks really moving a 24 year old (I guess 25 as of tomorrow) Boeser? That signals complete tear down, as opposed to retool. Seems like the Canucks would just be spinning their wheels.

I think its the QO

It's the QO, the fact that the roster is very unbalanced (top-6 heavy which gives us little depth), and that JR has stressed skating and Boeser is not a good skater, to put it lightly.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
How much for Pettersson? I'd rather target him than these crazy Chychrun packages. Joking, but not really.

Boeser & Garland would be decent adds. JT Miller, Kings would probably be outbid. Blake rage traded Pearson a few years back so that's probably not happening. Anyone younger & why not promote some of the King's youth.

Roy would look great next to Hughes. Moving Roy now would be an issue. Easier in offseason. Have to see if Blake moves a RD or 2 or if they just have a RD play the left.

Van & LA match up pretty well. LA has extra RD & cost controlled players. Van looking for RD & cap flexibility. Plus Van is near the bottom of LA's division hate list & Blake has a good trade relationship with Rutherford.
Byfield, Clarke, pick + signed LA Gretzky jersey.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
My initial offer would be Athanasiou, Kupari, and a 1st for Boeser.

Kempe - Kopitar - Boeser
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Byfield - Kaliyev
Lemieux - Lizotte - Brown

:nod:

Nice pieces but I think the Canucks would be targeting Dmen if they move Boeser or Miller.

Even if both are traded, Canucks would still have forwards they can build around

Pettersson
Horvat
Garland
Podkolzin
Hoglander

but their Defence is very thin, literally only Q Hughes. Jack Rathbone is a nice prospect but not a sure thing.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The King player I wools get get is Jaret Anderson Dolan. Ryan O’Reilly clone and seems to forgotten about on the depth chart.

They have lots of options to work with, that’s for sure.
yes 12 pts and almost 23 yrs old totally a Ryan O'Reilly clone

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
How much for Pettersson? I'd rather target him than these crazy Chychrun packages. Joking, but not really.

Boeser & Garland would be decent adds. JT Miller, Kings would probably be outbid. Blake rage traded Pearson a few years back so that's probably not happening. Anyone younger & why not promote some of the King's youth.

Roy would look great next to Hughes. Moving Roy now would be an issue. Easier in offseason. Have to see if Blake moves a RD or 2 or if they just have a RD play the left.

Van & LA match up pretty well. LA has extra RD & cost controlled players. Van looking for RD & cap flexibility. Plus Van is near the bottom of LA's division hate list & Blake has a good trade relationship with Rutherford.

Pettersson, Hughes, Demko are the only untouchables in Van.

If ever Pettersson is traded it certainly wouldnt be now where his value is at its lowest due to having an injury and not playing hockey for 8 months and subsequently playing like it for the first half of this season.

Pettersson looks to be healthy now finally and is back to his rookie self. 17 pts in last 15 games and dominating all over the ice.

Van has to build around him

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think Garland will end up in LA.

What would LA give up?

He wouldnt come cheap.

Cost controlled for 5 years at a very good AAV for a 25 yr old winger that drives any line he plays on.

He might have more value than Boeser.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Are the Canucks really moving a 24 year old (I guess 25 as of tomorrow) Boeser? That signals complete tear down, as opposed to retool. Seems like the Canucks would just be spinning their wheels.
With a new management group that has no ties to any player in the organization and a dreadfully under performing team, tight cap situation and bottom 5 prospect pool there is speculation around every player. JR has come out and said he wants to get faster (Boeser is not a burner) and he wants to add prospects, picks and cap flexibility. So a lot of people are speculating that because Boeser isn't overly fast and he will occupy a significant amount of cap space next season (I still strongly believe it will be in the $6-$6.5 range not the QO) that Boeser is being shopped. I agree with your take that this would be a step back in the rebuild but for the right price I guess it could be seen as short term pain for long term gain.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
for LA fans that might be curious as to what Boeser's new contract will have to look like:

I'd give it an educated guess of 6 years at 6.75 AAV per year.

Reactions: zcaptain and BCNate

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If there’s a trade to be made between us and the canucks I don’t think it’s for JT Miller. He doesn’t fit what this club is looking for in terms of costs, assets and resigning..
BB is interesting because of his skill set and I think his cost is lower than expected because of his QO… ‘22 1st + Spence/Grans
Garland is someone who gives me Brown vibes but much more vocal.. not sure what his cost would be..
Also keep in kind that not only are you receiving prospects and picks but also Cap relief

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It isn't a crazy ask. Kings would get better in the short term & have plenty of depth at RD & forward. Don't want to move Byfield or Clarke, but doesn't seem terrible.
Yeah it is, you give those two up for an established superstar like a McJebus, Drai.. etc

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The King player I wools get get is Jaret Anderson Dolan. Ryan O’Reilly clone and seems to forgotten about on the depth chart.

They have lots of options to work with, that’s for sure.

Yeah, a trade like this would probably come down to LA's 1st plus a prospect, but it almost just depends on what prospect people like best. I'd be ok giving up Grans, but I'd be really mad giving up Faber or Spence. Others are okay giving up Turcotte, I'd be furious. But looking at LA's top prospects gives you something like (and these are just imo as mentioned, no real need to totally split hairs)

Nigh-untouchable: Byfield, Clarke, Kaliyev
Pain points but probably moveable in right deal: Vilardi, Turcotte, Faber, Spence, Chromiak, Helenius, Jaret-Anderson Dolan
Tradeable in a deal like mentioned in this thread: Kupari, Thomas, Fagemo, Madden, Pinelli, Simontaival, Kirsanov, Nousiainen, Moverare, Laferriere

There are also veteran/mid-20s moveable parts in Athanasiou, Maatta (pls), Grundstrom, Andersson, Frk, Tynan

La also needs a blue chip G prospect so I imagine theyr'e going to reserve some assets for that move at some point.

Reactions: kinghock

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If there’s a trade to be made between us and the canucks I don’t think it’s for JT Miller. He doesn’t fit what this club is looking for in terms of costs, assets and resigning..
BB is interesting because of his skill set and I think his cost is lower than expected because of his QO… ‘22 1st + Spence/Grans
Garland is someone who gives me Brown vibes but much more vocal.. not sure what his cost would be..
Also keep in kind that not only are you receiving prospects and picks but also Cap relief
Cap relief by losing a top 6 forward and no prospect pool to back fill the spot. So not really any cap relief because the replacement will have very similar costs.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Cap relief by losing a top 6 forward and no prospect pool to back fill the spot. So not really any cap relief because the replacement will have very similar costs.
If you trade BB and get back cost controlled assets that are NHL ready, that gives you the ability to fill out your roster with more talent and give you the cap space to pursue additional pieces unless the plan is a full blown rebuild..

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Why would the Kings want to trade with a division rival? There are plenty of other teams to possibly trade with in terms of looking for a goal scorer. In fact if I was Rob Blake, I would look at a guy like Daniel Sprong from the Caps. He's not a good fit with them(in and out of the lineup). Good speed and a good shot. He would be like a Gaborik lite. With how workman like the Kings are generating shots, they need more pure goal scorers that can rip it on a dime from the circles. Sprong can give you that and I don't think he would cost much.

Would love to see a Caps/Kings deal regarding Quick for Sprong($725k, RFA), Kempny($2.5 mil, UFA) or Schultz($4 mil, UFA), plus 2nd. Of course the Kings are in a non wild card playoff spot and looking to challenge Vegas but below the Flames. So it would not happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad