Value of: LA Kings Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kings are toast. Pathetic effort from the entire organization. Fire Luc, Blake, Todd, and the rest of the team. At this point, there are only a few guys I would consider building blocks for the future (and therefore mostly untouchable): Quinton Byfield, Brandt Clarke, Mikey Anderson, and Jordan Spence.

We have two obvious guys that have to go: Kevin Fiala and Pierre-Luc Dubois. I'd take anything for them.

We have two mainstays that deserve to go to contenders and try to win more cups before they retire: Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty. For as long as these guys are here, younger guys won't be put in a position to step up and lead the locker room.

Then there's a whole swath of good players that would help lots of contenders: Phillip Danault, Adrian Kempe, Trevor Moore, Viktor Arvidsson, Blake Lizotte, Matt Roy, Vladislav Gavrikov, and Cam Talbot.

And if anyone wants them for scraps, guys like Carl Grundstrom, Andreas Englund, and David Rittich are available.

It doesn't make sense for LA to give up picks or prospects, so let's avoid those here.
I get you properly want to keep Byfield
If the commitment is to max long term window, that is prob the right move.

Howev
if you can be flexible about giving NYR currency it wants/needs, we may be able to offer you enuf value to make it worthwhile.

PLD "ha to go". That's lotta years for lotta $$$
Your position is exacerbated by lack of cap

Byfield is the price.

Rs LTIR Chytil, so we can take on PLD
next year most of Trouba's 8m can fit in DET
so we CAN go there

2 better C prospects Sykora + Bryce McConnell Barker marinating now for yr +
could fit just as needed 1-2 yrs

them 2
+ Shesty

for

PLD + Byfield

Ks unload huge disappointment, get STRUCTURAL cap relief
add a vez quality netminder [yeah went flat for a month along with the rest of the team, but he still has elite reflexes]
help for pivot down the near term road

Rs get young C they need
bern predicts Kreider - By - Zib would work
Quick + Garand in G

it is a HUGE gamble they can discover chemistry for PLD to regain form

that may well come to bite in the ass
but ny did not listen to bern, did stupid rentals, and now has to consider taking chances

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Howev
if you can be flexible about giving NYR currency it wants/needs, we may be able to offer you enuf value to make it worthwhile.

Byfield is the price.

so we CAN go there

them 2
+ Shesty

for

PLD + Byfield

add a vez quality netminder [yeah went flat for a month along with the rest of the team, but he still has elite reflexes]

Rs get young C they need
Quick + Garand in G

but ny did not listen to bern, did stupid rentals, and now has to consider taking chances

I’d rather buy out PLD than attach Byfield to him, and even at that PLD’s price isn’t that negative.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

Howev

Byfield is the price.

so we CAN go there

them 2
+ Shesty

for

PLD + Byfield

Rs get young C they need
Quick + Garand in G

Terrible trade for both teams and another worthless trade scenario made up by you lol

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’d rather buy out PLD than attach Byfield to him, and even at that PLD’s price isn’t that negative.
1. thank you
2. fair enuf as to prefer to buy out
3 disagree as to pld not being that negative
Rememb, this is like 8 yrs at $$$$$.
A single 1st is not gonna cut it.
Something really signif will have to go the other way.

And again, like I said, IF long term max window is yer choice, then agree you do keep By.

If you want other immediate benefits, then , like what I said

Terrible trade for both teams and another worthless trade scenario made up by you lol
unsubstantiated, so feel free to correct yerfself and elaborate.

Unlike @killowatt who provided reasonable preference to go buyout route.
Both have pros and cons
both worthy to consider

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
1. thank you
2. fair enuf as to prefer to buy out
3 disagree as to pld not being that negative
Rememb, this is like 8 yrs at $$$$$.
A single 1st is not gonna cut it.
Something really signif will have to go the other way.

And again, like I said, IF long term max window is yer choice, then agree you do keep By.

If you want other immediate benefits, then , like what I said

unsubstantiated, so feel free to correct yerfself and elaborate.

Unlike @killowatt who provided reasonable preference to go buyout route.
Both have pros and cons
both worthy to consider
What is there to explain really.

Its a terrible trade scenario for both teams and its just not even a good made up one at that.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
’d rather buy out PLD than attach Byfield to him, and even at that PLD’s price isn’t that negative

Exactly.

There's no scenario where a GM should move a valuable young prospect/player to unload a contract unless he really wants to be unemployed. At worst, trade a protected first and hope that after the trade the team goes on a run and it ends up being a late pick that doesn't turn into a great player a few years down the road. Better that than a player that could be a star for the new team almost immediately.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Exactly.

There's no scenario where a GM should move a valuable young prospect/player to unload a contract unless he really wants to be unemployed. At worst, trade a protected first and hope that after the trade the team goes on a run and it ends up being a late pick that doesn't turn into a great player a few years down the road. Better that than a player that could be a star for the new team almost immediately.
completely unrealistic on what it takes to move 8 yrs of $$$$$$

The whole trade idea you put together has no substantiation lol.
wrong
Rs accept disaster deal for stud prospect = intelligent premise
lol yerself

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
completely unrealistic on what it takes to move 8 yrs of $$$$$$

wrong
Rs accept disaster deal for stud prospect = intelligent premise
lol yerself
Hold this L and lel yourself.
Its not a good mock trade for either team and thats just a fact.

Reactions: Homesick

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Howev

Byfield is the price.

so we CAN go there

them 2
+ Shesty

for

PLD + Byfield

Rs get young C they need
Quick + Garand in G

Another garbage offer. What a surprise......

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Man if the Kings are moving Kempe then Carolina should be allllllll over that one. About the only other possible name out there that would be a better fit is Lindholm.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I find it hilarious that anyone thinks the Kings would blow things up. Rob Blake is far more likely to make a big time desperation move at the trade deadline then start selling lol. He's GM'ing for his job

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm an Oiler fan and I hate the kings. This is just a rough patch. They are a good team. Unless Dubois really is that toxic I don't know what to say but I think this is an over reaction. But I'd be ok with a rebuild. Don't want to have the blood bath in the playoffs!
2 wins in the last 15 games................that's not a rough patch.............almost the quarter of the season if they don't come out in the next few games...and they sure don't look to be coming out....

I find it hilarious that anyone thinks the Kings would blow things up. Rob Blake is far more likely to make a big time desperation move at the trade deadline then start selling lol. He's GM'ing for his job
There's always the Fire The Coach move yet.....

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Oh I 1000% agree. That's why he should be fired too. This thread can only happen if he gets fired.

Would the Kings move Spence? Seems like a young Stecher.
I mean I would move him depending on the price but there's not a pressing need to move a solid, 22 year old, right-shot, third-pairing defenseman.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I can't even believe I'm seeing this thread. But here we are.. who do you give up? LA basically canceled the rebuild to appease to doughty and kopitar. They signed guys like fiala and PLD to long term deals. Blake screwed up. Los Angeles is a tough market..

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Not going to lie, I saw the little thread title preview and it said "LA Kings Fire" and I got unnecessarily excited.

Reactions: Choralone

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We will reluctantly, with great trepidation and massive potential bowel irritation take Dubois for free.

Or if you INSIST on a return, I have some old work boots that may be the cause of a devorce if I don't throw, err, trade them away.

(Also subject to how much torture I will get from other Hab fans)

I imagine every Kings fan would happily agree to moving Dubois for future considerations. Why a club would at this point willingly tie up $68m on him is beyond me

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Danault, Roy and Moore interest me for the Canucks.

Whats the cost of each? Is there a group discount that can be given?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad