Value of: LA Kings Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I imagine every Kings fan would happily agree to moving Dubois for future considerations. Why a club would at this point willingly tie up $68m on him is beyond me
It may be silly but i don't think that any player that has this much talent would go into uber lazy mode, but he wouldn't be the first or last to do so after a fat contract.

I'm old school and stil believe in the silly word...PRIDE

I think it would be more palatable to Hab fans is Gally went the ther way.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Danault is really good and on an excellent number. PLD and Fialla have little to no value. The Kings are just one of those clubs that was headed in the right direction. Until their GM tried to speed up the rebuild by trading young assets for older more established players only to see those moves backfire.
Fiala at least can be reasoned. PLD just made no sense at all. There was no improvement for the team by acquiring him even before he played a game and then an extension with an NMC? It just baffles me. He's not the only problem, but just a perfect symbol of how mismanaged this team has been the last 5+ years.

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Fiala at least can be reasoned. PLD just made no sense at all. There was no improvement for the team by acquiring him even before he played a game and then an extension with an NMC? It just baffles me. He's not the only problem, but just a perfect symbol of how mismanaged this team has been the last 5+ years.
I was always really high on Vilardi despite his injury history. That trade really pissed me off.

Reactions: Guitpik

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Look at this thread it's not isolated to one person. It's an entire fanbase filled with delusion.
taking victory lapses on another teams struggles seems to be the highlight of the year for some fan bases

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Serious question. This a great team with lots of upside. What is the problem? Why are they losing? Injuries?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
What's the cost for Matt Roy, if made available?
1st plus.

Serious question. This a great team with lots of upside. What is the problem? Why are they losing? Injuries?
Bad system too reliant on Kopitar and Doughty. No goalie depth. No toughness.

Kempe would be a great fit for the Oilers, what would the cost be with retention?
Literally nothing the Oilers would give up.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The rebuild was never finished, it was suddenly stopped.
The aging star who can't get stuff done anymore started crying about another cup run and the management gave in.

Now we have a team with a #1C that can't create offense, a #1 defender who can't keep opponents top players i check and no legit goalie at all.
They try to compliment this with player of questionable work ethic and horrible game vision.
For this they traded away the youth that finally broke out and started producing.

This is why

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
1st + bertuzzi 50% retained + 3rd for Roy. Toronto absolutely needs him to pair with Reilly. Then they can grab another solid d in ufa and the d core is much more respectable.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
1st + bertuzzi 50% retained + 3rd for Roy. Toronto absolutely needs him to pair with Reilly. Then they can grab another solid d in ufa and the d core is much more respectable.
I would do this in a heartbeat only because I want Clarke and Spence in the line up.

We add a 1ST AND 3RD to recoup picks Blake traded away, gain a wee bit of cap space and can trade A retained Betruzzi away at the deadline for more picks if he isn’t a fit.

Reactions: Hockey 4 Life

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Idiotic roster management (riding Kopitar and Doughty far too much at this point of their careers)
Dumbass roster construction (zero grit, ignoring goaltending)
Abysmal prospect development

Bigger picture, the franchise pulled out of the rebuild two years early and failed to integrate prospects into the line-up

Reactions: Czechboy

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
If Matt Roy is available, Leafs (and many others) should be all over it.
Roy (over anyone else) should absolutely be available. Kings have a logjam at the NHL level on the right side, can't afford to re-sign Roy, and Roy would bring back a good return.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Idiotic roster management (riding Kopitar and Doughty far too much at this point of their careers)
Dumbass roster construction (zero grit, ignoring goaltending)
Abysmal prospect development

Bigger picture, the franchise pulled out of the rebuild two years early and failed to integrate prospects into the line-up

Most smug arrogant organization in the league bar none

Imagine improving largely on the back of kids in a rebuild/retool...then benching or trading said kids and wondering what's wrong

I dont' even have the enthusiasm to talk about trade scenarios anymore because we all know blake is about to Dave Taylor himself into a stupid ass job saving trade attempt, I bet he's got 31 phone lines lighting up right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad