Value of: LA Kings Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Idiotic roster management (riding Kopitar and Doughty far too much at this point of their careers)
Dumbass roster construction (zero grit, ignoring goaltending)
Abysmal prospect development

Bigger picture, the franchise pulled out of the rebuild two years early and failed to integrate prospects into the line-up
As an oil fan... You guys looked better and better in playoffs (think you had key injuries in our series) and I thought team I want to avoid. Few posters have said the same thing about ending rebuild too early. I still don't want to meet you in playoffs though.. dangerous sleeper for now.

Reactions: stewy04

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think there is a pretty easy soluion: Fire Todd. He's been outcoached in both series against EDM anyway. I don't get why he leans still so heavily on Doughty as he's aging, especially given the Roy-Gavrikov pair is more than capable. They also have better PP options in the back now too (Clarke, Spence).

Bring in Berube and I think the team would turn around in a hurry.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Even if BLuc was willing to fire sale the team (lol at the amount of times CTE enters the chat for that to happen), there is no point in doing so unless Blake and Rob are booted as well. Kings have demonstrated they are shit at picking players, let alone developing them. WTF are they gonna do with all those picks? Drive up ticket sales for the Ontraio Reign? No thanks Rob.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Just to stop drooling here.
There is no firesale at all, i don't even have an idea why this is brought up.
A rebuild will start in 2 years from now after Doughty and Kopitar, not before they are gone.

Also to assume that in a firesale players like Kempe would be available is insane.
You sell the fat to trim, not the future pieces you build around.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Biggest Bust EVER (according to at least one clown on this Platform) Juraj Slafkovaly has 20 points, which is as much as 8.5M dollar Man Pierre-Luc Dubois, so I guess PLD ain't going anywhere

(In two more Games, to be fair)

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
i think you may see a roster move before firing the coach. rob blake should be in the hotseat as well

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
If his price is low enough Pittsburgh should take a flier on Dubois. Our center depth is abysmal behind Sid/Geno

You can have Carter back lol

Carter+Jarry+3rd rounder for Dubois+Talbot is relatively even on cap

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
If his price is low enough Pittsburgh should take a flier on Dubois. Our center depth is abysmal behind Sid/Geno

You can have Carter back lol

Carter+Jarry+3rd rounder for Dubois+Talbot is relatively even on cap
Seven+ years is a real long flier. I bet LA would do that trade in a second. Kyle Dubas wouldn't because he's not Ron Hextall. The problem is Dubois is Dubois no matter where he lands. Confused? You won't be after this episode of Soap.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
WHAT FIRE SALE. 15% off is regular sale, 25-30% off is black friday sale, fire sale is 60-70%off everything in the store because of the fire ( everything must go)

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Serious question. This a great team with lots of upside. What is the problem? Why are they losing? Injuries?
Bad coaching and our top two line can score but the depth past this lines can’t. When 1 or more of our top 2 lines goes on a drought we struggle as we cannot count on the bottom 6 to chip in offensively. But zero chance our management will be trading half the guys mentioned in this thread. They should have a core and none of the core should be moved.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
i think you may see a roster move before firing the coach. rob blake should be in the hotseat as well
No the coach should be the first thing to go. But unfortunately Blake will not be in the hot seat as his boss is good buddy Luc R and he don’t have the balls to fire his friend.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Willander + kuzmenko + 2nd round pick for Danault
Kings are toast. Pathetic effort from the entire organization. Fire Luc, Blake, Todd, and the rest of the team. At this point, there are only a few guys I would consider building blocks for the future (and therefore mostly untouchable): Quinton Byfield, Brandt Clarke, Mikey Anderson, and Jordan Spence.

We have two obvious guys that have to go: Kevin Fiala and Pierre-Luc Dubois. I'd take anything for them.

We have two mainstays that deserve to go to contenders and try to win more cups before they retire: Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty. For as long as these guys are here, younger guys won't be put in a position to step up and lead the locker room.

Then there's a whole swath of good players that would help lots of contenders: Phillip Danault, Adrian Kempe, Trevor Moore, Viktor Arvidsson, Blake Lizotte, Matt Roy, Vladislav Gavrikov, and Cam Talbot.

And if anyone wants them for scraps, guys like Carl Grundstrom, Andreas Englund, and David Rittich are available.

It doesn't make sense for LA to give up picks or prospects, so let's avoid those here.
I'm gonna say it's because he turns over the puck at the worst possible time trying to force something. Also, he has the worst timing from penalties. 40% of the time he is on a powerplay he will get a stick infraction penalty kill the powerplay because he just reaches with his stick instead of moving his legs.
Willander + Kuzmenko + 2nd round pick for Danault

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad