Value of: LA Kings Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Fiala has value for a team with a strong core looking to add a dynamic piece. He's not right for LA right now, Blake jumped the gun a couple years too early with him.

Dubois just sucks.

We love our Swiss guys in NJ but I don't think adding another one a huge number would make sense after Timo. Pre Timo, I would've been all of this lol

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd be willing to line up and pay all the assets if the Kings actually made Kempe or Danault available, from a Vancouver perspective. Either one of them would be an absolutely enormous win, and on great value contracts with multiple years remaining.

But realistically...teams that are venturing down the road the Kings are on, don't just turn around and stage a "firesale" of core pieces like that. They fire coaches, managers, a lot of other things...before they shake up the roster in that big of a way, selling off prime players on great deals with remaining term.

At the end of the day, there's a reason the Wild moved on from Fiala because they didn't want to pay him what it would cost. He's very talented and can be very productive, but he's just not "the guy" you want to build around. And at the salary he commanded...he has to be a major core piece that you build around.
The Wild moved on from him because the couldn't pay him, as they had two years of 15M cap penalties coming up. It's not like they had a choice to keep him.

As for those who said he can't play with others, then why does he have all the assists? Matt Boldy sure as hell loved playing with him. I's take Fiala back on the Wild in a second at his cap hit if we didn't have the cap penalties.

If LAK think he is the problem, then they have much bigger problems than him.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The Wild moved on from him because the couldn't pay him, as they had two years of 15M cap penalties coming up. It's not like they had a choice to keep him.

As for those who said he can't play with others, then why does he have all the assists? Matt Boldy sure as hell loved playing with him. I's take Fiala back on the Wild in a second at his cap hit if we didn't have the cap penalties.

He’s not. We just can’t score. Or play d. Or stop the puck. Have no heart. No leadership.

What would it take to get Kopitar to the Canes?
1st plus.

Same with Kempe, Danault, Gavrikov, Roy, Doughty.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings fans were getting their undies in a bind back when i said that Danault was a 15-ish goal scorer nothing more. He had his superman year with 27 and now he is back to his usual pace. I guess "i told you so" needs to simmer a while.

What a weird post. Danault’s role isn’t to put up big point totals. To say he’s “nothing more” than a 15-goal scorer sounds really stupid.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, but he isn't some soft floater. Surprisingly strong for his size...sorta like Kaprizov. Strong and fast on the forecheck, will definitely drive inside. if anything, one of his problems is that he gets chippy and takes bad penalties. I mean, he's not the perfect player, but he's a no doubt, 1st liner locked down at 8M for years. Don't see how he is the problem.

PLD trade seems to have upset the chemistry of the team, but LA also has the reek of a team that needs a coaching change.

Didn't imply he was soft or a floater, just that there is some positing that he might be part of the problem. PLD certainly seems to be doing PLD things again too and yes, McLellan seems like his message has gotten stale so a change is in order.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Kings fans need to relax. Look at the start the Oilers had. Goalie couldn't stop a beach ball. Even McDavid was putting up points. Over 82 games there will be a correction and you will you are suppose to be. The Kings aren't as bad as their record shows over the last 15 games.

Reactions: Guitpik

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We do have much bigger problems than Fiala, that’s the whole point of this thread
OK. It seemed like, at one point, that Fiala and PLD were being named as the main problems. As someone who is pretty familiar with Fiala, it seemed a bit off, to me. LAK's probably need a coaching change... won't go into whether they need a GM change, as that isn't going to happen, but the PLD trade couldn't have gone much worse.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

bland

Jul 1, 2004

He is a terrific playmaker, but he just flat out doesn't understand how to play with a lead. Not every shift has to include unnecessary risks to make flashy plays. Its a mindset issue, not a skillset.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kopitar should retire a king and kings fans should want him to retire a king
I would love for Kopitar to retire as a King, but we're at a crossroads here. Kopitar playing 23 minutes a game as LA's 1C at 36, 37, 38 years old is detrimental to him, to our prospects developing, and to our ability to win. If he wants to win another cup as LA's 1C, I just don't see it happening.

I would love for him to accept a 2C role playing ~18 minutes a night. His role needs to start decreasing a bit. He's absolutely gassed from being overplayed. I know that isn't his fault necessarily, but as long as he's on the team and coaches are fighting for their jobs, it'll likely keep happening. Byfield should be LA's 1C, Kopitar 2C, Danault 3C.

If Kopitar wants to win another cup or three, he has absolutely earned that right. I just don't see it happening on this nightmare of a Kings team.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kings fans need to relax. Look at the start the Oilers had. Goalie couldn't stop a beach ball. Even McDavid was putting up points. Over 82 games there will be a correction and you will you are suppose to be. The Kings aren't as bad as their record shows over the last 15 games.

It doesn't matter how things look unfortunately, the results aren't just a case of losing games. Its a total breakdown of their structure. It actually started in late November when they were still winning games over struggling teams by outscoring their problems. They really only played well for about six weeks. It was a great six weeks, for certain.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
This is stupid. LA should stay the course. Maybe change coaches but the roster is excellent. Kings could easily be this year's Panthers and make a deep run. All the pieces are there.

Reactions: Coffees and Guitpik

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Danault is really good and on an excellent number. PLD and Fialla have little to no value. The Kings are just one of those clubs that was headed in the right direction. Until their GM tried to speed up the rebuild by trading young assets for older more established players only to see those moves backfire.

How in the f*** does Fiala have little to no value exactly?

He's on pace for 75 points and his contract is relevant to that.

Reactions: Guitpik and bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad