Value of: LA Kings Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We will reluctantly, with great trepidation and massive potential bowel irritation take Dubois for free.

Or if you INSIST on a return, I have some old work boots that may be the cause of a devorce if I don't throw, err, trade them away.

(Also subject to how much torture I will get from other Hab fans)

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm gonna say it's because he turns over the puck at the worst possible time trying to force something. Also, he has the worst timing from penalties. 40% of the time he is on a powerplay he will get a stick infraction penalty kill the powerplay because he just reaches with his stick instead of moving his legs.
We Islander fans are used to that! He'll fit right in!

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
He is the guy in the park playing pick up basketball who wants the ball at the top of the key and tells you to clear out EVERY time.

He is a loser. Thinks about scoring and takes the dumbest, most unnecessary risks regardless of the situation. You can have a two goal lead and be at the end of the shift and he will try 1 on 3 garbage instead of getting pucks deep. There is no control when he plays, just chaos.

He has amazing edgework and vision, but a ten cent head. Constantly throwing pucks blindly across the ice horizontally above the circles leading to breakaways and two on ones. He also cannot play with playmaking centers, he has to be "the man" on his line. So much natural talent, but he has to play on your 2nd or 3rd line because he doesn't mesh with players who also need the puck.

He is a known diver with a penchant for retaliation stick fouls. Just a careless primadonna. His points are like potato chips, just empty calories. The Kevin Fiala hat trick is a turnover leading to a shorthanded breakaway goal, an offensive zone penalty and a three point night.

He looks great on the stat sheet, but he is a hindrance to winning games.

They have tried everything else. Public humiliation is just the next card in the deck.
This gave me insight to a player I don' t to see often. Well written. Thanks for the info.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
We will reluctantly, with great trepidation and massive potential bowel irritation take Dubois for free.

Or if you INSIST on a return, I have some old work boots that may be the cause of a devorce if I don't throw, err, trade them away.

(Also subject to how much torture I will get from other Hab fans)
What is wrong with you?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Danault would be precisely that though....

A 2C with an elite defensive game at a cap hit that's perfect for what the Avs can afford.

I dont think the Avs would move Ritchie for a pure rental at this point, but a cost controlled 2C that puts them over the top this year? Yeah, they should be willing to move him in that kind of deal.
I thought 2C were not supposed to be 50 pts players on contenders?

This was probably already offered but Montreal will take PLD for Gallagher straight up.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob Sense

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Kings fans were getting their undies in a bind back when i said that Danault was a 15-ish goal scorer nothing more. He had his superman year with 27 and now he is back to his usual pace. I guess "i told you so" needs to simmer a while.

• Love
Reactions: Kimota and BLONG7

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Danault is really good and on an excellent number. PLD and Fialla have little to no value. The Kings are just one of those clubs that was headed in the right direction. Until their GM tried to speed up the rebuild by trading young assets for older more established players only to see those moves backfire.
Same thing happened in Ottawa. Maybe they are good trading partners now. Sens need a RD do the kings need LD?

What about something around Fiala, Roy, Chabot/chychrun and Norris?

Sens could use a guy like Moore or Arvidsson.

Want Korpisalo back haha?

Last edited:
Reactions: Coffees

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Danault is really good and on an excellent number. PLD and Fialla have little to no value. The Kings are just one of those clubs that was headed in the right direction. Until their GM tried to speed up the rebuild by trading young assets for older more established players only to see those moves backfire.

Part of the problem - and I'm not sure why this happened specifically, probably a combination of factors - but this team squandered one of the deepest, most exciting prospect pools in the league. I'm trying to think of a single prospect that overachieved, never mind even met expectations.

Byfield is starting to fill out and the jury is still out on Clarke (he seems to be on the right path at least), but outside of Byfield getting the (now deserved) spot on the top line I see Kaliyev and Fagemo on the 4th line and the rest? Most either traded away or MIA. Oh, yeah, Mikey Anderson.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Turns out trading all of Faber, Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari for one dimensional forwards in Dubois and Fiala, was not a good decision. That is a lot of depth that would help out massively in favour of two players with big contracts who dont do a lot of anything when not scoring. Management and coaching are still riding on the coat tails of old men in Doughty and Kopitar like its still 2014. It was working great until it didnt.

Guys like Arvidsson, Gavrikov, Roy will be good offload pieces for contenders. Danault would bring in an absolute haul.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
I'm an Oiler fan and I hate the kings. This is just a rough patch. They are a good team. Unless Dubois really is that toxic I don't know what to say but I think this is an over reaction. But I'd be ok with a rebuild. Don't want to have the blood bath in the playoffs!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like he's a 1-way guy and judging by the comments from Doughty after the Kings got embarrassed by Buffalo, is only worried about his stats, not wins.
Yeah, but he isn't some soft floater. Surprisingly strong for his size...sorta like Kaprizov. Strong and fast on the forecheck, will definitely drive inside. if anything, one of his problems is that he gets chippy and takes bad penalties. I mean, he's not the perfect player, but he's a no doubt, 1st liner locked down at 8M for years. Don't see how he is the problem.

PLD trade seems to have upset the chemistry of the team, but LA also has the reek of a team that needs a coaching change.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I'm gonna say it's because he turns over the puck at the worst possible time trying to force something. Also, he has the worst timing from penalties. 40% of the time he is on a powerplay he will get a stick infraction penalty kill the powerplay because he just reaches with his stick instead of moving his legs.
But he’s only forcing shit because no one else can score on this roster. I don’t get the Fiala hate personally. He’s the most talented offensive talent we’ve had since Palffy.

Reactions: Guitpik and JKG33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad