Kyle Dubas will not be back as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It is so amusing seeing the revisionist Leaf fans that think Dubas is terrible, and wasn't even worthy of an OHL GM job.

He might be the 15th best GM, might be the 10th. But he clearly isn't the worst. And has gotten better every year.

Enjoy the guy that gave away Bennett and Tkachuk to the Panthers and gave declining softie Huberdeau 10.5 mil per year until age 37.

There's also Leafs fans out there that

1) Thought Dubas was an awful hire from the get-go and;

2) Think that there's more GM options out there not limited to Treveling

What's ridiculous to me is thinking someone who completely caused the problem is the only person who can fix it...

No, there's likely a handful of experienced managers out there who've already appraised the Leafs' situation from afar, and have some ideas on how to go about the un-entanglement of their cap and roster situation that's coming up in the next 13 months.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I feel like there hasn't been much of any update on what's going on?

Is Dubas actually going to Pits? Are the Leafs actually probably going with Treliving? What is Spezza doing?

I want answers!!!!!! LOL.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Dubas talked about how hard the last season was on his family.

I wonder if he was starting to become very hard to live with at home as a result of the pressure of being GM of the Maple Leafs.

I hope Dubas has the balls to fire Sullivan.

Or rather, I hope he has the autonomy to do so.
Then Sheldon Keefe can be the next coach of the Penguins.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010

I wonder if he was starting to become very hard to live with at home as a result of the pressure of being GM of the Maple Leafs.

My theory is dubas was giving the public the impression that it’s been hard on his family. My theory is this was a calculated sabotage on dubas’s part, on purpose because a) he found out matthews isn’t resigning here and knows he screwed up giving him a 5 yr contract thinking that matthews would and b) since dubas didn’t want to be gm of the leafs when matthews walks a plan B became avail (Pitt) and is basically pulling an Alex anthropolous. That whole week, “hard on my family”, texting shanny instead of an in person, and the ludicrous count proposal was all part of dubas plan to make you think this was all about his family, money and power when the real truth this was about matthews. I came to this conclusion at dubas presser, and that was before the dubas/matthews agency link…connect the dots people…

• Haha
Reactions: HofT

HofT

Sep 4, 2008

He simply means the fact he doesnt have a contract for the following year had an impact on his family since yknow, money is important and we all have to adjust our lifestyles around it. I don't know how anyone else could interpret it any different.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
It is so amusing seeing the revisionist Leaf fans that think Dubas is terrible, and wasn't even worthy of an OHL GM job.

He might be the 15th best GM, might be the 10th. But he clearly isn't the worst. And has gotten better every year.

Enjoy the guy that gave away Bennett and Tkachuk to the Panthers and gave declining softie Huberdeau 10.5 mil per year until age 37.
Not a Leafs fan, but he is clearly not qualified to work in hockey ops. You're insane if you give the GM job of any team to an analytics dweeb who gets beaten up for his lunch money and has proven that he doesn't understand the sport. The only GM in the history of the game who was clearly worse than this idiot is Mike Milbury. Dubas literally showed no sign that he was able to perform any aspect of his job. Add in his lack of professionalism and insubordination and you have a special blend of stupid rarely seen in any sport.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Is Dubas actually going to Pits? Are the Leafs actually probably going with Treliving? What is Spezza doing?

FSG has been out of town this weekend, and today was Memorial Day in the US.

I suspect that if Dubas is going to be hired that we may hear something tomorrow or before the end of the week.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
He simply means the fact he doesnt have a contract for the following year had an impact on his family since yknow, money is important and we all have to adjust our lifestyles around it. I don't know how anyone else could interpret it any different.
Well............apparently he wanted access to a private jet, and who even knows?

Dude sounds a bit dubious to me (pun intended) but I'm no insider.

He just seems a little unprofessional to me now, and I liked the guy and wanted him back until all this stuff started going down.

Maybe Shanny was verbally abusive towards him? No idea. I just feel like he could have conducted himself better in the presser and what we've "heard" about the negotiations.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Not a Leafs fan, but he is clearly not qualified to work in hockey ops. You're insane if you give the GM job of any team to an analytics dweeb who gets beaten up for his lunch money and has proven that he doesn't understand the sport. The only GM in the history of the game who was clearly worse than this idiot is Mike Milbury. Dubas literally showed no sign that he was able to perform any aspect of his job. Add in his lack of professionalism and insubordination and you have a special blend of stupid rarely seen in any sport.
Yeah but dubas raced down to rink level when taveras got injured in the playoffs and he visited mikyahev in the hospital fluffing his pillows and brining him food to nurse him back to health. I’ll miss the dubester, but frankly I’m getting tired of posting dubie hate, time to move on to,the next incompetent fart…

• Haha
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
My theory is dubas was giving the public the impression that it’s been hard on his family. My theory is this was a calculated sabotage on dubas’s part, on purpose because a) he found out matthews isn’t resigning here and knows he screwed up giving him a 5 yr contract thinking that matthews would and b) since dubas didn’t want to be gm of the leafs when matthews walks a plan B became avail (Pitt) and is basically pulling an Alex anthropolous. That whole week, “hard on my family”, texting shanny instead of an in person, and the ludicrous count proposal was all part of dubas plan to make you think this was all about his family, money and power when the real truth this was about matthews. I came to this conclusion at dubas presser, and that was before the dubas/matthews agency link…connect the dots people…
Or he had a red line in terms of negotiating and the whole "its here or nowhere" was essentially daring Toronto the fire him if they didn't meet his ask.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Heres a juicy rumor I heard.... Dubas will become President of the Penguins and Spezza the GM

Take note of this comment cause it was from a pretty good source!!!

HofT

Sep 4, 2008
Well............apparently he wanted access to a private jet, and who even knows?

Dude sounds a bit dubious to me (pun intended) but I'm no insider.

He just seems a little unprofessional to me now, and I liked the guy and wanted him back until all this stuff started going down.

Maybe Shanny was verbally abusive towards him? No idea. I just feel like he could have conducted himself better in the presser and what we've "heard" about the negotiations.
I have no idea but I'm wondering if Shanny has a private jet?

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Heres a juicy rumor I heard.... Dubas will become President of the Penguins and Spezza potentially the GM.

I don't think Jason Spezza is ready to be a GM after 1 year of watching Kyle Dubas.

Hockeysawks

May 16, 2023

It seems like he was a marketing ploy to attract the younger hip crowd. Him thinking they were going to let him run the Leafs was a serious misjudgmentand and the deal breaker

Reactions: jcs0218

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
It seems like he was a marketing ploy to attract the younger hip crowd. Him thinking they were going to let him run the Leafs was a serious misjudgmentand and the deal breaker
What the Leafs really lack is fans.

Lol the takes on Dubas are some of the most unhinged in sports. Full tard takes.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

He is taking time considering the offer and discussing things with his family.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada

It's amusing seeing the leaf haters that think Dubas is great, after saying he wasn't worthy of an OHL job merely months ago.

Should I list off the things Dubas did wrong?

I didn't even dislike Kyle. But seeing the bums come squaking, hilarious.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Heres a juicy rumor I heard.... Dubas will become President of the Penguins and Spezza the GM

Would make sense (for Dubas)... by all accounts, sounds like he wants the comfy job - probably asking to "work from home".

The rumor about him wanting access to the team jet... if true, sounds like a guy that wants to limit his "away" time.

Hockeysawks

May 16, 2023
What the Leafs really lack is fans.

Lol the takes on Dubas are some of the most unhinged in sports. Full tard takes.
I understand more and more young people are not watching TV or hockey. How many fans they had yesterday does not mean packing up the PR and advertisement branches
They are playing the long game.
It's like you expect no streaming service because blockbuster rents so many movies.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I understand more and more young people are not watching TV or hockey. How many fans they had yesterday does not mean packing up the PR and advertisement branches
They are playing the long game.
It's like you expect no streaming service because blockbuster rents so many movies.

Yeah but young "fans" are super into betting on their mobile phones. Revenue streams right?

To be on topic, I am predicting that if the Pens bring in Dubas, it's because they know they need a full tear down tank job rebuild, and he's the perfect guy to throw under the bus.

I could be talking out my butt, but that's just what my gut is saying.

And I'm not saying things are all rosey in TO, the future is very very suspect and I can't wait to see it all go down. It's honestly more enticing than the hockey that is actually being played right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad