Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
When did Dach become a ducking beast? I never knew he had that physical edge to his game. Did he hit like that or ever fight in Chicago?

Adding grit to his size and skillset is setting up to be a no 1 center.

Reactions: Draft and Kimota

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
When did Dach become a ducking beast? I never knew he had that physical edge to his game. Did he hit like that or ever fight in Chicago?

He was a powerpuff girl in his first few games here even..

I think he toughened up a lot during the season in the past few months

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

I saw that of him in Chicago and in highlights of him in Junior. That's why I was impatient of him doing this with the Habs and was worried cause guys tend to get soft when they come here. I was relieved seeing him do this.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
What a player.

Getzlaf 2.0
He's more like a right-handed playmaking Pacioretty version, which is pretty good. He's not physical enough to be compared with Getzlaf. And he needs to work on his faceoff skill.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
So I will be up front and admit I was one of the people ragging on Dach for his lack of physical assertiveness. I knew he wasn't really a physical player, but I recall during the preseason and early in the year, he was getting pushed around quite a bit. People were taking liberties with him and he was letting it happen.

I started noticing his physicality when he was stripping the puck off everyone. But the more the season goes on, the more this guy is starting to play with an edge.

I was bummed when Guhle, Slaf and Caufield were hurt. But Dach has been a bright spot this season, one of the only ones left. Lately the only reason I am tuning in.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
He's more like a right-handed playmaking Pacioretty version, which is pretty good. He's not physical enough to be compared with Getzlaf. And he needs to work on his faceoff skill.
Pacioretty was not physical at all

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Pacioretty was way more physical than Dach at the same age.
Hard disagree.

Pacioretty WAS more physical than he is now before Chara nearly killed him, but I’ve never seen Pacioretty reverse hit someone and stare him down like Dach did to Gudas the other day.

Pacioretty was physical in that he’d go to the slot, but never was a big hitter, or a fighter either.

Last edited:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Hard disagree.

Pacioretty WAS more physical than he is now before Chara nearly killed him, but I’ve never seen Pacioretty reverse hit someone and stare him down like Dach did to Fudas the other day.

Pacioretty was physical in that he’d go to the slot, but never was a big hitter, or a fighter either.
I'm talking about before he almost got killed by Chara. He played hard and fast. Regardless, Dach should not be compared with Getzlaf.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Really impressed with this kid the last few games. Really coming out of his shell. I've said it a few times but I think playing in Chicago destroyed his mental health and he's only now regaining his confidence.

Habs stole this kid from the Hawks

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I also get Getzlaf vibes! Can only hope he'll emulate his career!
Getzlaf was around PPG at the same age and hitting like a truck. I really like Kirby Dach but he's not on that level yet. Even Zibanejad who is a similar player was more physical than Dach at the same age.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Getzlaf was around PPG at the same age and hitting like a truck. I really like Kirby Dach but he's not on that level yet. Even Zibanejad who is a similar player was more physical than Dach at the same age.
Getzlaf hit the PPG territory at 22 years old.

Kirby just turned 22 years old...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad