Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I was really skeptical about the trade over the summer, boy was I wrong.

This guy’s potential is 90pts a year if he can correct some of the flaws in game, and shoot more.

He’s the got the highest ceiling on the team.
I always said that once he’ll find a way to turn his great play in points he’d have #1 center potential, feels like he’s about to break out offensively.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I was really skeptical about the trade over the summer, boy was I wrong.

This guy’s potential is 90pts a year if he can correct some of the flaws in game, and shoot more.

He’s the got the highest ceiling on the team.
Caufield is the superstar. I don’t think anyone has more upside than him. He’s going to be an absolute monster.

If Dach can develop a shot though, he’ll provide a dimension we haven’t had since Bobby Smith.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Caufield is the superstar. I don’t think anyone has more upside than him. He’s going to be an absolute monster.

If Dach can develop a shot though, he’ll provide a dimension we haven’t had since Bobby Smith.

I respectfully disagree. Dach is more dynamic with the puck on his stick and has the physical attributes to dominate. I should clarify I also think Caufield is a budding superstar, just believe that Dach has the ability to be at that level or dare I say just a hair above it.

I always said that once he’ll find a way to turn his great play in points he’d have #1 center potential, feels like he’s about to break out offensively.

When I watch him right now I see a lot of how 2nd half Suziki/Caufield took off last season. I’ve always found that in these types of situations where a ton of key players fall to injuries we tend to see what guys are made of. Especially young guys on the cusp. Dach is going to get a ton of ice time to close out the season as a result of those injuries, and to date he’s shown tremendous skills and confidence in that time.

These are the types of situations that help young players breakout.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I respectfully disagree. Dach is more dynamic with the puck on his stick and has the physical attributes to dominate. I should clarify I also think Caufield is a budding superstar, just believe that Dach has the ability to be at that level or dare I say just a hair above it.
There’s no doubt that Dach brings a different dimension. But I don’t see how he has a higher offensive upside. CC has broken scoring records everywhere he’s gone.

Even now, Dach hasn’t proven he can really shoot the puck yet. I see him as a good 2nd line center, maybe at best a lower 1st line guy. I don’t see superstar.

Reactions: nicehiss

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Fans didn't criticise Drouin for producing 50+ points. He hit 53pts once as a Hab and didn't hit 30pts four other times (including this year). Try to put that into context.
Fans were all over Drouin as early as the 50-point season. Also, injuries -- try to put that into context.

Dach real #1 center. Drives his line better. Suzuki more two way #2 center
Maybe. Remains to be seen.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If you think hockey is just x points = good. All of the conditions needed to squeeze 50 pts from Drouin made us a worse team.

Lehkonen was a better offensive player who played a defensive role and look what he's doing now in an offensive role while providing high end defense

If the Habs had used Lehkonen in Drouins spot, they would have been a better team.
Big stretch there. Big stretch. This 2 + 2 = 18 rationale is mind-blowing.

Lehkonen is not producing on his own in Colorado, boys and girls. He needed the players around him for that production level. That didn't exist in Montreal.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He is my favorite forward. Seriously. Hawks are so stupid to trade a 21 years old (22 now) 6"4 forward with great hands, great passing ability and great protection of puck.

He is a PPG potential, no doubt in my mind!
He bette have amazing wingers. At best, that PPG breakdown would be 20Gs, 62As.

Anderson straight up is a very good move. Lafreniere had 19 goals in 79 games last season. He's only 21 years old.

Dubois - Dach - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Lafreniere

That's a great top 6.
Has the potential to be, for sure.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I was liking his future at RW because he's so good along the wall but as a C he's using his body more, and doing a great job extending plays and showing that he can lead his own line in the top6.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Big stretch there. Big stretch. This 2 + 2 = 18 rationale is mind-blowing.

Lehkonen is not producing on his own in Colorado, boys and girls. He needed the players around him for that production level. That didn't exist in Montreal.

Lehkonen had better 5 on 5 scoring rates than Drouin ever did for us. If he had more ice time and better line mates he would have scored at the same or better clip than Drouin.

The difference being that Lehkonen would continue providing high end defense for a forward vs Drouin who was a bottom 5 defensive forward in the entire NHL.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Pretty convinced Caufield was gonna get 40 this season. Im quite convinced he can reach 50 in his career. He was scoring at a good rate despite playing hurt the whole time.

Dach has a good shot. If he keeps refining it and uses it more he will be such a duel threat with his passing abilities. The injury to Caufield may give him that chance to shoot more, particularly on the PP,

Reactions: SlafySZN

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Fans were all over Drouin as early as the 50-point season. Also, injuries -- try to put that into context.
What are you trying to litigate with this line of argument? Drouin wasn’t very good at any point of his Habs career, even in the season where he got 53 points. For heaven’s sake.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Damn he's tall. Seriously, he looks taller than 6 ft 4. Towering over other tall players.

I'm very happy he's progressing well. If he can hit his potential that would speed the rebuild by a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad