LeBrun: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
that has nothing to do with what I asked you...

Im not making offers on other teams accounts, I just look at whats offered and see if I think its fair or not.

Now why should Muzzin's price be that of a UFA top 3 defenseman if he has a year left?
Because you can't answer it. But just for shits and giggles...i will make it super easy for you. The Montreal Canadians are the perfect fit for Muzzin. They need a LHD...and have no cap issues. What is the equal trade value of 1st+Kap or Lil for them?

Now i fully expect you to deflect again...but to be fair, i will answer your question...why shouldn't Muzzin cost our 1st+young top 6 wingert or top prospect? Because McDonagh didn't....Karlsson didn't....Hamonic didn't....Hamilton didn't....

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Call me cynical, but I won't believe that Blake and company are serious about trading Muzzin until it happens. LA doesn't trade players when their value is highest like a smart person would do. They wait, instead, until their value is lowest (ex. Pearson). I'm afraid that Blake is going see what offers he gets, but, ultimately, is going to hold onto Muzzin, extend him in the Summer at a rate commensurate with the career year that he's having, then eventually regret doing that when Muzzin relapses to his usual self, his value drops and the team is stuck with another big contract for an over-30 player. That sounds more like the LA management that I know. I hope that I'm wrong, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Pens would likely rather have Martinez than Muzzin. Pens also can't do this without sending salary the other way. At the very leat Oleksiak goes the other way, or more realistically Maatta. Im not giving up Maatta and a 1st for Martinez though. Would do Maatta and a 2nd.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That’s a silly HFism. The leafs live by different rules. Just because it’s like that here, doesn’t mean the real NHL world is like that.

The real world NHL works on logic. HFBoards posters generally work on emotion. But just because some random idiot here would suggest the leafs should put together a more valuable package than the Habs should for example, doesn’t mean that’s how Kings management is looking at it. The kings aren’t run by a 25 yr old clueless fanboy.

They ask for a 1st and an add. Whoever has the best add in their estimation likely gets the player.
Well this is a change from "Kapanen or Liljegren or the Leafs can f*** off".:laugh:

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Because you can't answer it. But just for ****s and giggles...i will make it super easy for you. The Montreal Canadians are the perfect fit for Muzzin. They need a LHD...and have no cap issues. What is the equal trade value of 1st+Kap or Lil for them?

Now i fully expect you to deflect again...but to be fair, i will answer your question...why shouldn't Muzzin cost our 1st+young top 6 wingert or top prospect? Because McDonagh didn't....Karlsson didn't....Hamonic didn't....Hamilton didn't....
all over the place and no those players didn't get a 1st and top prospect they got more than that. try again.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
How about Miles Wood + Will Butcher? Some good young roster players that can step in right now and be part of your core going forward.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
High picks that are struggling???

Leafs first and second round picks the last three years:

2016 1: Auston Matthews. I guess this one is doing okay.
2016 2: Yegor Korshkov. Nine games in the KHL this year; zero points. Presumably injured.
2017 1: Timothy Liljegren. At one point found himself in the ECHL. Currently injured.
2017 2: Eemeli Rasanen. Lost his job in the KHL and currently playing in the Finnish minor leagues.
2018 1: Rasmus Sandin. Serious knee injury and uncertain short-term future.
2018 2: Sean Durzi. Drafted as overager. Has missed a lot of time this season with injury.

So, some quality in there of course, but just like every other team, every prospect is not gold. Injuries seem to be on the menu for Leafs picks.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Well this is a change from "Kapanen or Liljegren or the Leafs can **** off".:laugh:
Thsts not what I myself said.

Firstly, I think there’s a big gap in value between Kap and Lilje just because Kap has proven he can be effective in the NHL. That’s just me. I’m very careful penciling even the highest rated prospects as NHL players until they become just that.

But my point has been that buying a current Muzzin should sting a bit. If a lowball offer would get him, then another team should definitely step in and up the offer.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
When the article says "Kings looking for 1st+prospect"...that usually means the 1st is the more valuable piece. Asking for the "prospect" (which Kapanen is not by the way) to be more valuable than the 1st is a no go. And both Kap and Lil are more valuable to Toronto than the 1st.
Well i would guess that a late 1st means a team needs to add a top prospect and the earlier the pick the less the prospect.With the Leafs in the running and badly in need of fixing their Defense 1st+Lilijgren should be an easy yes from the Leafs. Not sure that the Kings would do that. Need to ask them.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I can see two different sides from the leafs POV.
On one hand they have some hard cap decisions to make so keeping a prospect under first contract is going to be key. On the other this maybe the only year they have all the offensive stars they have. So why not go for it.

Will be interesting to see what they do.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
all over the place and no those players didn't get a 1st and top prospect they got more than that. try again.
Hamonic 1st+2nd+2nd...top prospect?

Hamilton 1st+2nd+2nd....top prospect?

Karlsson ( the best D in the league) 1st+2nd+ Tiernt/Demelo//Norris.Balcers...the last 3 falling under the "who the f*** are these guys" department. Top prospect??

McDonagh (this ones tougher because of Miller being added) 1st+cond 2nd+Namestnikov+Hajek+Howden. Break that down however you like, but Howden was well down the line of tampa prospects.

So, you think Hamonic/Hamilton is a great trade? Fine, Leafs offer 1st+2nd+2nd. Muzzin is no karlsson...but i'm pretty sure we can give you 1st+Tierny level guy +3 "who the f***" guys...that work?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Glad you agree. Foote and Sandin/Liljegren are fairly comparable.

I don't know how good those two are, really. Foote is the best prospect in a good, deep prospect pool. A borderline blue chipper, but I wouldn't call him a genuine blue chipper (some TBay fans will disagree).

It also looks like we're gonna need him, on his ELC, sooner rather than later, so he's just off the table in any realistic deal. Our only reason to acquire Muzzin would be to replace Stralman next year. Then we'd have, presumably, two ELCs as the #5 and #6.

I think a realistic offer from us is either something around JT Miller or a prospect like Raddysh or Katchouk. Or Masin, if the Kings are interested. He's closer to the NHL, but probably has a ceiling of a #4, with a high likelihood of being a bottom-pairing guy. So we'd need to add still.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hamonic 1st+2nd+2nd...top prospect?

Hamilton 1st+2nd+2nd....top prospect?

Karlsson ( the best D in the league) 1st+2nd+ Tiernt/Demelo//Norris.Balcers...the last 3 falling under the "who the **** are these guys" department. Top prospect??

McDonagh (this ones tougher because of Miller being added) 1st+cond 2nd+Namestnikov+Hajek+Howden. Break that down however you like, but Howden was well down the line of tampa prospects.

So, you think Hamonic/Hamilton is a great trade? Fine, Leafs offer 1st+2nd+2nd. Muzzin is no karlsson...but i'm pretty sure we can give you 1st+Tierny level guy +3 "who the ****" guys...that work?

Honestly I think that would be fair however I think/hope the prospect is more important than the picks to kings brass.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This is on the Habs should be looking at....

Bergevin said about 10 days ago he isn't trading a 1st round pick or key young assets for a short term fix and wants to continue building for the future. Even though Muzzin still has a year on his contract after this season I don't know if Bergevin considers that a short term fix or not but it fits the criteria. Muzzin would be a huge add to the Habs left side D though but I'd rather the Habs keep the required 1st and prospect instead and keep building for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad