LeBrun: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
So if LA told you the only way youre getting Muzzin is a 1st+Lilijgren... you seriously dont do that?

No one moves their top prospect for a mediocre fit who has to play on his offhand. If we move Liljegren + 1st, it's going to be with a bigger piece than either of them and the target will be a legit top pairing RHD. Paying a low end premium price for an upper mid range D is insane.

Muzzin doesnt make us a cup favorite and uses up almost all our non-roster trade ammunition.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Considering every single team in the league minus thise with a high 1st or none at all can inquire about Muzzin, itll drive it from an average prospect to a higher end one

And enough of this nonsense making lilijgren seem like a Kravtsov like prospect, he isnt.
I didn't say he was a top prospect in the league, I pretty clearly labeled him as what he is, a top RD prospect. As far as RD prospects that have yet to enter the league (and the exact position that the Leafs need to strengthen long term), he is certainly up there.

supercilious

Jan 14, 2012
Considering every single team in the league minus thise with a high 1st or none at all can inquire about Muzzin, itll drive it from an average prospect to a higher end one

And enough of this nonsense making lilijgren seem like a Kravtsov like prospect, he isnt.

Bro where is Muzzin gonna play on the left side with Rielly Gardiner and Dermott there.

Why are the leafs going to give up two of their best assets for a guy who has to play his off-hand

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
No one moves their top prospect for a mediocre fit who has to play on his offhand. If we move Liljegren + 1st, it's going to be with a bigger piece than either of them and the target will be a legit top pairing RHD. Paying a low end premium price for an upper mid range D is insane.
well considering Muzzin would be a legit top pairing dman for Toronto...

Do you know who Jake Muzzin is?

Reactions: go4hockey

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I hope for your teams sake Dubas disagrees with you and makes that deal

I agree. The Kings will have their choice of young players to choose from since I surmise there will be a lot of teams in on this. So if a team truly wants Muzzin they will likely have to over pay a little to out bid another team for him. I would value the prospect more than the 1st since these usually turn out to be mid 25 to 31 picks.

Reactions: go4hockey

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No one has said a crappy prospect...

Regardless, where does it say that a 1st plus a top, young RD prospect is the price? No where, it's you making assumptions.

Based on what a defenseman like Muzzin should go for. Do you think I’m a kings fan or something?

I’m not. A defenseman like him going for a late 1st and average prospect would be a steal that any team in the league would/should jump on. He will cost more than that.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
not according to LeBrun

If it’s not Liljegren or Kap the Kings will decline. I’d even decline Kapanen I think he is overrated . Muzzin is a very good top 4 dman who can even play top 2. I’d rather trade Martinez .

Muzzin is worth more than a late round first rounder and a lesser prospect. That prospect has to be good or Leafs can f*** off.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
So based on watching hockey and historical precedence, it’s a safe and sound assumption that a D like Muzzin, the prospect coming back with a late 1st would be significant.

What trades are you using as precedent?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If it’s not Liljegren or Kap the Kings will decline. I’d even decline Kapanen I think he is overrated . Muzzin is a very good top 4 dman who can even play top 2. I’d rather trade Martinez .

Muzzin is worth more than a late round first rounder and a lesser prospect. That prospect has to be good or Leafs can **** off.
Huh....interesting. A couple of questions...you are saying "late 1st" with disgust....you think any lottery teams are going to be making offers?

Question 2, so far i have read fans of Habs/Pens/Oilers talking about interest, if the Leafs have to pay 1st +Kap or Lil or f*** off....what's the comparable ask from those listed teams?

Reactions: Rob Brown

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Muzzin is worth more than a late round first rounder and a lesser prospect. That prospect has to be good or Leafs can **** off.

So based on watching hockey and historical precedence, it’s a safe and sound assumption that a D like Muzzin, the prospect coming back with a late 1st would be significant.
Let LeBrun know not me.
Are you insinuating that LeBrun doesn't watch hockey?

Reactions: Rob Brown

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

If its a deal with the Leafs. It would take something like Kapanen or Sandlin, Liljegren would be my 3rd choice plus the 1st for Muzzin. Otherwise the Kings can look at other offers they may be better.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
When the article says "Kings looking for 1st+prospect"...that usually means the 1st is the more valuable piece. Asking for the "prospect" (which Kapanen is not by the way) to be more valuable than the 1st is a no go. And both Kap and Lil are more valuable to Toronto than the 1st.
Lil plus conditional 1st. If Leafs make Eastern Finals it is first this year, if not it is 2019 2nd and 2020 3rd?

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
not according to LeBrun
im sure many teams would outbid that so yes they would decline. muzzin probably is the best dman available this trade deadline. only way they get muzzin on the cheap is if its a buyers market and even then many other teams would have better offers.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If its a deal with the Leafs. It would take something like Kapanen or Sandlin, Liljegren would be my 3rd choice plus the 1st for Muzzin. Otherwise the Kings can look at other offers they may be better.
Give me comparable deals from the following:
Pens 1st+???
Habs 1st+???
Oilers 1st+???

Or Hell...
Any playoff team 1st+???

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Huh....interesting. A couple of questions...you are saying "late 1st" with disgust....you think any lottery teams are going to be making offers?

Question 2, so far i have read fans of Habs/Pens/Oilers talking about interest, if the Leafs have to pay 1st +Kap or Lil or **** off....what's the comparable ask from those listed teams?
If UFA defensemen of Muzzins caliber already get 1st+prospect at the deadline, what makes you think the price isnt raised when he has a year left after this one?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
im sure many teams would outbid that so yes they would decline. muzzin probably is the best dman available this trade deadline. only way they get muzzin on the cheap is if its a buyers market and even then many other teams would have better offers.
So the LeBrun should update his thought to a 1st + top prospect?

Reactions: Leafidelity

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

You are greatly exaggerating the market for Muzzin at that price. Start off by removing all non-playoff teams, so remove roughly the bottom 10 of the league.

Then remove those teams that are set at D, including Carolina, Tampa, SJS, Calgary, Nashville, CLB, Minnesota

Then remove the teams that dont have the cap space next season, Winnipeg, Washington, Pittsburgh, Vegas

As far as I can tell, there are 6 teams who can realistically make an offer: Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Dallas, Colorado, Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad