LeBrun: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Lil plus conditional 1st. If Leafs make Eastern Finals it is first this year, if not it is 2019 2nd and 2020 3rd?
The 1st isn't my issue, they can have that. But ask yourself this...with Nylander's new deal...and both Matthews and Marner needing BIG raises...do you think it's prudent to move your best RHD prospect with years of ELC and team control for a guy with 1 more year under contract before needing a big raise?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If UFA defensemen of Muzzins caliber already get 1st+prospect at the deadline, what makes you think the price isnt raised when he has a year left after this one?
Again...if the Leafs need to add Kap or Lil to the 1st....what's the add for:
Pens??
Habs??
Oilers??

Any other team??

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Give me comparable deals from the following:
Pens 1st+???
Habs 1st+???
Oilers 1st+???

Or Hell...
Any playoff team 1st+???
Point is, if you want a quality D man like Muzzin, which are a premium at the TDL. Dubas is going to find out quickly you have to overpay for them. Or you can choose to go with Zaitsev and Hainsey in the playoffs. GM's know exactly what the Leafs need. This isn't the charity business. No one is giving away anything for free.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Point is, if you want a quality D man like Muzzin, which are a premium at the TDL. Dubas is going to find out quickly you have to overpay for them. Or you can choose to go with Zaitsev and Hainsey in the playoffs. GM's know exactly what the Leafs need. This isn't the charity business. No one is giving away anything for free.
You are so opinionated about what the Leafs have to give up to get Muzzin, but won't give us a comparable offer for other teams that might be interested. You keep talking about all the interested teams, so tell us what the comparable offer is for them.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Considering every single team in the league minus thise with a high 1st or none at all can inquire about Muzzin, itll drive it from an average prospect to a higher end one

And enough of this nonsense making lilijgren seem like a Kravtsov like prospect, he isnt.
You're taking this too personally. Our RHD is a problem with one prospect of note. Naturally you want him but our D prospects are not logical for us so naturally we want a forward, our position of strength.

That may not work for your GM and that is obviously fair. It is also obvious if we are the dance partner it will match what we can give.

He's a good player so I'm sure you will get a good return but maybe not the exact names you are hoping for.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Why is everybody dodging the question?? Multiple people are having no issue telling me thy point is "The Leafs need to pay a premium"..."it must be Kap or Lil plus the Leafs 1st"...well then it should be super easy to post a comparable trade for:
Pens
Habs
Oilers

The reason you are dodging, is because the minute you figure out a comparable deal, you realize that those fans will tell you to shove it.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Sounds about right.

But Kings fans, Kapanen is not a prospect. He is a full-fledged quality NHL player.

Toronto has drafted a number of high picks in recent years that are struggling to various degrees, but I imagine the Kings would find one they liked to take on as a project.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Pens??
Habs??
Oilers??

Any other team??
I think Kap with the 1st would be too much.

But they’d ask the same from every team. They would then decide which add they feel is the most valuable. But still, a late 1st and insignificant add would be giving him away.

Acquiring a Muzzin should hurt a bit. Not “wow, we got him and didn’t take a hit at all to our assets”. If that were the case he’ll be traded by tmrw or as soon as the first team comes calling.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Pens??
Habs??
Oilers??

Any other team??
that has nothing to do with what I asked you...

Im not making offers on other teams accounts, I just look at whats offered and see if I think its fair or not.

Now why should Muzzin's price be that of a UFA top 3 defenseman if he has a year left?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Sounds about right.

But Kings fans, Kapanen is not a prospect. He is a full-fledged quality NHL player.

Toronto has drafted a number of high picks in recent years that are struggling to various degrees, but I imagine the Kings would find one they liked to take on as a project.

High picks that are struggling???

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think Kap with the 1st would be too much.

But they’d ask the same from every team. They would then decide which add they feel is the most valuable. But still, a late 1st and insignificant add would be giving him away.

Acquiring a Muzzin should hurt a bit. Not “wow, we got him and didn’t take a hit at all to our assets”. If that were the case he’ll be traded by tmrw or as soon as the first team comes calling.
You mean like McDonagh? Karlsson? Hamonic? Hamilton (to Calgary)

Yes, i know...the Leafs live by different rules. Listen, i hope the Kings get their full ask....just not from Toronto.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB could maybe do a 2nd + a prospect, if we're resigned to losing Stralman at year's end.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You are so opinionated about what the Leafs have to give up to get Muzzin, but won't give us a comparable offer for other teams that might be interested. You keep talking about all the interested teams, so tell us what the comparable offer is for them.
Because only Leafs fans are throwing lowball offers? If another fan from another team makes an offer maybe I will opine.

But you may be one that is fantasizing a B prospect is getting Muzzin when quality D men are scarce and in high demand at the TDL.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Because only Leafs fans are throwing lowball offers? If another fan from another team makes an offer maybe I will opine.

But you may be one that is fantasizing a B prospect is getting Muzzin when quality D men are scarce and in high demand at the TDL.
I'm not fantasizing anything, all I said was that in my opinion it wouldn't take Sandin or Liljegren. You're the one going on and on about how the Leafs need to offer more, but won't shed any light into what you think other teams need to offer in comparison.

Here you go:

"TB could maybe do a 2nd + a prospect"

Now that there is an offer from another team, please tell us what Tampa needs to offer that is comparable to 1st + Sandin/Liljegren/Kapanen especially since Tampa's 1st will be worse than Toronto's.

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
What about Martinez? Leafs need a guy who can play the right side.
Martinez plays RD but he shoots L according to cap friendly . Sort of like Ron Hainsy is in the same scenario

Hoping if/when the leafs get that defender its a real Rd that also shoots R . Nothing against Martinez

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
A 1st round pick is a significant asset. 25ish ranged picks still get you a good prospect of you draft well.

I'd do 1st rounder + Calle Rosen/Andreas Borgman

Rosen is a LD replacement for Muzzin who is pretty close to the NHL. He's young, offensive minded and cheap.

Borgman is a LD who plays a steadier game but doesn't have the offensive upside of Rosen.

Reactions: ACC1224

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
that has nothing to do with what I asked you...

Im not making offers on other teams accounts, I just look at whats offered and see if I think its fair or not.

Now why should Muzzin's price be that of a UFA top 3 defenseman if he has a year left?

Comparable deals to what you are proposing:

MTL 1st + Romanov/Poehling
BOS 1st + Vaakananinen/Debrusk/Donato

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Why is everybody dodging the question?? Multiple people are having no issue telling me thy point is "The Leafs need to pay a premium"..."it must be Kap or Lil plus the Leafs 1st"...well then it should be super easy to post a comparable trade for:
Pens
Habs
Oilers

The reason you are dodging, is because the minute you figure out a comparable deal, you realize that those fans will tell you to shove it.
Because Leafs fans are the only ones making lowball offers? No one is dodging. Some are just more realistic than the others.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
You mean like McDonagh? Karlsson? Hamonic? Hamilton (to Calgary)

Yes, i know...the Leafs live by different rules. Listen, i hope the Kings get their full ask....just not from Toronto.
That’s a silly HFism. The leafs live by different rules. Just because it’s like that here, doesn’t mean the real NHL world is like that.

The real world NHL works on logic. HFBoards posters generally work on emotion. But just because some random idiot here would suggest the leafs should put together a more valuable package than the Habs should for example, doesn’t mean that’s how Kings management is looking at it. The kings aren’t run by a 25 yr old clueless fanboy.

They ask for a 1st and an add. Whoever has the best add in their estimation likely gets the player.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
I'm not fantasizing anything, all I said was that in my opinion it wouldn't take Sandin or Liljegren. You're the one going on and on about how the Leafs need to offer more, but won't shed any light into what you think other teams need to offer in comparison.

Here you go:

"TB could maybe do a 2nd + a prospect"

Now that there is an offer from another team, please tell us what Tampa needs to offer that is comparable to 1st + Sandin/Liljegren/Kapanen especially since Tampa's 1st will be worse than Toronto's.
irony at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad