LeBrun: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Where did he say lesser prospect? Almost every playoff team has a need for a quality defenseman. If everyone is willing to pay a first and prospect someone is going to ante up someone good.
He didn't. It's right in the opening post and thread title.
1st + Prospect.

Not 1st + plus top prospect
Not 1st + young top 6 nhler.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If this is true, the Kings will have a good list of prospects and a 1st to choose from. Since quite a few teams will be in on this. They will pick the best prospect from the group so I don't think the standard B prospect is getting this done for the wishful thinkers here.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I thought you said sold.

Or you thought the kings would mean a 1st a crappy prospect? Almost every team in the league would jump on that.

This website is crazy with people trying to get quality players for free.

And I don’t think it’s just leaf fans, as some would suggest. It’s these forums in general.
I don't think anyone implied that the Leafs could just give them a nothing prospect and get him, but implying that it has to be 1st + Kapanen or Liljegren is ridiculous. Kapanen isn't even a prospect and is worth way more than a 1st, as is Liljegren. When someone says "1st + prospect", how often is it that the prospect is more valuable than the 1st?

Reactions: Liferleafer

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I thought you said sold.

Or you thought the kings would mean a 1st a crappy prospect? Almost every team in the league would jump on that.

This website is crazy with people trying to get quality players for free.

And I don’t think it’s just leaf fans, as some would suggest. It’s these forums in general.
Yup...1st +prospect...sold. The post i responded to said:
1st+ young top 6 winger (Kapanen)...pass
or
1st+ Top RHD prospect....pass.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'm actually not sure why the Kings/Leafs haven't made a deal yet considering they have exactly what the other is looking for. Could be an issue of price/evaluation I guess?

Reactions: A91

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don't want it to happen but from the Habs, the ask would probably be a 1st (16 to 20 oa) + a prospect like Juulsen or Fleury.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Where does he a say a crappy prospect with that 1st would get it done?
No one has said a crappy prospect...

Regardless, where does it say that a 1st plus a top, young RD prospect is the price? No where, it's you making assumptions.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Cool. I suggest LA contact Bergevin...Muzzin is exactly what Montreal is looking for.
No, Montreal would be foolish to chase a Muzzin at this point in time based on their potential for playoff success. However, if it could be as cheaply purchased as a late 1st and a crappy prospect, then yes, every team should jump on that, even if they don’t have a hope at immediate playoff success.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
So if LA told you the only way youre getting Muzzin is a 1st+Lilijgren... you seriously dont do that?

At some point in the near future the Leafs are going to need to rely on the influx of cheap ELC contracts to counterbalance the heavy contracts of their top players. Liljegren is the closest thing this team has to an NHL ready defender, so while the value is only a bit rich, long term a deal like this might pose a major problem for Toronto.

Reactions: 3headeddragon

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
No one has said a crappy prospect...

Regardless, where does it say that a 1st plus a top, young RD prospect is the price? No where, it's you making assumptions.
Considering every single team in the league minus thise with a high 1st or none at all can inquire about Muzzin, itll drive it from an average prospect to a higher end one

And enough of this nonsense making lilijgren seem like a Kravtsov like prospect, he isnt.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
If all LA wants is a first plus prospect, I am surprised bubble playoff teams or wildcard teams haven't already offered it.

Reactions: Feliix

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Leafs would have to add a significant prospect to the 1st and prospect package. Its gonna be a later 1st so that prospect will have to be really good.

Not gonna happen for a later 1st and a b level prospect... Cmon!!

Gotta give to get.. Hes not gonna fall in your lap for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad