GDT: Around The League 24/25. Captains Skates, Training Camp, Preseason Begins.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Wasn't sure where to put this, but good to see Connor/the Oilers goal horn making an impression on the leafs players even with playing limited games against.

Edit: It was up for a 11 minutes.... They barely played the songs it was mostly the horns so I can't really see it being a copy right strike.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Shesterkin reportedly wants 12M. That’s a hard no from me. Starting goalies play roughly 60-65% of the games and wear down over time. Rangers are going to bite though.

I think about $9M AAV, maaaaaaaybe $10 for the best of the best of the best is as high as I would go on a goalie. This isn't the 90s anymore where you can ride your top guy for 70 games and actually be able to rely on strong, consistent performance season to season.

$12 for Shesterkin is obscene, but he's one of the guys you would probably pay for. He's done it three years in a row in the #1 role and he's performed. Swayman, however, is not close to in the same camp. Don't think he's ever played more than 40 games, always played in a tandem, and has always played for a strong team.

I feel like you could plug and play Shesterkin around the league and get similar results from him, he's legit. Jury is still very much out on if Swayman is a product of his environment or the real deal.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think about $9M AAV, maaaaaaaybe $10 for the best of the best of the best is as high as I would go on a goalie. This isn't the 90s anymore where you can ride your top guy for 70 games and actually be able to rely on strong, consistent performance season to season.

$12 for Shesterkin is obscene, but he's one of the guys you would probably pay for. He's done it three years in a row in the #1 role and he's performed. Swayman, however, is not close to in the same camp. Don't think he's ever played more than 40 games, always played in a tandem, and has always played for a strong team.

I feel like you could plug and play Shesterkin around the league and get similar results from him, he's legit. Jury is still very much out on if Swayman is a product of his environment or the real deal.

$12M (x8) is just too much for a goalie - 1 injury from a massive LTIR penalty. Plus as we all know goalies are voodoo. Something gets in their head and they become wet tissue paper in net.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
$12M (x8) is just too much for a goalie - 1 injury from a massive LTIR penalty. Plus as we all know goalies are voodoo. Something gets in their head and they become wet tissue paper in net.

100%

I hope that GMs hold firm on not allowing goalie salary to escalate like this. Assuming Skinner continues to build out his game, I was hoping we could get him on a deal in the $6's. If salaries continue to rise we might not be able to pay him at all.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad