Confirmed with Link: Kings acquire forward Viktor Arvidsson in exchange for two draft picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
At this moment I see LA protecting

Kopitar
Kempe
Iafallo
Arvidsson
Andersson
Moore
Grundstrum/Brown

Doughty
Roy
Walker

Petersen

So the final spot will come down to Grundstrum/Brown or they have one spot left to get a Top6 forward in a trade to protect.

Edit: and Seattle will take in order Clague, Wagner, Grundstrum (if not protected).

I agree with your protected list, I think they will choose Grundstrom as the final spot with Brown turning 37 this year, and I think out of respect for his career with a single team in the last year of his contract, Francis may leave Brown alone and not upend his life.

As far as who Seattle takes, I think they will take an established NHL player. One of Athanasiou, Maatta or Lemieux. A lot of people mention Clague, but there will be a lot of veteran NHL D men to build the roster on, and you're taking a risk with Clague that he is a sure thing to make the team. He is not waiver-exempt, so that has to be a consideration. Kings could claim him right back if he wasn't deemed ready. Clague has not proven he can play consistent defense at the pro level, I think we all like his offensive upside as a puck mover.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I agree with your protected list, I think they will choose Grundstrom as the final spot with Brown turning 37 this year, and I think out of respect for his career with a single team in the last year of his contract, Francis may leave Brown alone and not upend his life.

As far as who Seattle takes, I think they will take an established NHL player. One of Athanasiou, Maatta or Lemieux. A lot of people mention Clague, but there will be a lot of veteran NHL D men to build the roster on, and you're taking a risk with Clague that he is a sure thing to make the team. He is not waiver-exempt, so that has to be a consideration. Kings could claim him right back if he wasn't deemed ready. Clague has not proven he can play consistent defense at the pro level, I think we all like his offensive upside as a puck mover.
At this moment I see LA protecting

Kopitar
Kempe
Iafallo
Arvidsson
Andersson
Moore
Grundstrum/Brown

Doughty
Roy
Walker

Petersen

So the final spot will come down to Grundstrum/Brown or they have one spot left to get a Top6 forward in a trade to protect.

Edit: and Seattle will take in order Clague, Wagner, Grundstrum (if not protected).

According to Capfriendly, neither Clague or Andersson are eligible to be selected in the expansion draft because they haven't met the games played requirement. So they wouldn't need to be protected.

Am I reading it wrong? Or is Capfriendly wrong?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I only disagree in that I think he's the perfect winger for Kopitar. High skill, but high motor, like Iafallo on roids.

I don't think they'll play him there but IMO he's a fit.

It's about time they started reshaping but yeah it looks like guys are getting a bit grumpy, look at Forsberg's reaction to the trade.

It's a great fit and he should be played with Kopitar and Iafallo. They are both pass first playmaker types and Arvi is a shooter and will drive to the net.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
According to Capfriendly, neither Clague or Andersson are eligible to be selected in the expansion draft because they haven't met the games played requirement. So they wouldn't need to be protected.

Am I reading it wrong? Or is Capfriendly wrong?

You're reading it incorrectly. Both Clague and Andersson have been professionals for more than 2 years. AHL counts as professional seasons. The games played component has to do with the minimum requirements the TEAMS have to meet on the players exposed per position, all players with more than 2 years pro can be chosen and are exposed unless protected. It's a common misconception.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I only disagree in that I think he's the perfect winger for Kopitar. High skill, but high motor, like Iafallo on roids.

I don't think they'll play him there but IMO he's a fit.
You may well be right and I’ll be happy if you are. I’m only basing that view on a limited eye test and it’s maybe fairer to say I think he’s a better fit with a Vilardi or Byfield as opposed to a bad fit with Kopi. Either way it’s a move I really like.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You may well be right and I’ll be happy if you are. I’m only basing that view on a limited eye test and it’s maybe fairer to say I think he’s a better fit with a Vilardi or Byfield as opposed to a bad fit with Kopi. Either way it’s a move I really like.

Yeah I don't want to sound like I'm disagreeing because if anything the bigger point is he's a fantastic fit with any of the top 6 pending whatever chemistry gets built.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Agree.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to McLellan giving a kid line a shot. Building in game chemistry will only help in the long run.

I just don't think we'll have an all-prospect second line.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Arvidsson
Kaliyev - Byfield - Vilardi
Kempe - JAD/Andersson - Brown
Lemieux - JAD/Andersson - MacDermid (?)

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I just don't think we'll have an all-prospect second line.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Arvidsson
Kaliyev - Byfield - Vilardi
Kempe - JAD/Andersson - Brown
Lemieux - JAD/Andersson - MacDermid (?)
Kalyev will be right wing as he isn’t a guy that plays both sides (his words in whichever podcast I was listening to) and they’ve basically committed to moving Andersson to Left Wing.

Reactions: kilowatt

Islcey

Jun 18, 2018
××××× - Kopitar - Brown
Iafallo - Byfield - Arvidsson
Kempe - Vilardi - Kaliyev
Moore - Anderson-Dolan - Andersson
Grundstrom / Lizotte / Lemieux

Anderson - Doughty
××××× - Roy
Bjornfot - Walker
Clague / Macdermid

Petersen
Quick

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kalyev will be right wing as he isn’t a guy that plays both sides (his words in whichever podcast I was listening to) and they’ve basically committed to moving Andersson to Left Wing.

I think we have a glaring hole at 2C that needs to be addressed unless we're trusting a 19-year-old Byfield or unless Vilardi improves significantly (which are both possible, but not bets I'd want to make necessarily). Would love to acquire a left-handed defenseman too. Someone floated Reilly, cost might be right.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Kempe - Byfield - Arvidsson
Andersson - Vilardi - Brown
Grundstrom - JAD - Lemieux

Reilly - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Anderson - Walker

Petersen
Quick

Those are three very important roles that we're essentially relying on rookies for: 1RW, 2C, 3C.

Reactions: Reaper45

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I think we have a glaring hole at 2C that needs to be addressed unless we're trusting a 19-year-old Byfield or unless Vilardi improves significantly (which are both possible, but not bets I'd want to make necessarily). Would love to acquire a left-handed defenseman too. Someone floated Reilly, cost might be right.

Reilly - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Anderson - Walker

Petersen
Quick

Those are three very important roles that we're essentially relying on rookies for: 1RW, 2C, 3C.
I don't get it, are you expecting them to try and contend?

They are clearly in developmental mode, of course they are going to go with the kids this year.

And what's with everybody putting Moore back on the 4th or leaving him out entirely?

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Iafallo - Kopitar - Arvidson
Brown - Vilardi - Frk
Andersson - Byfield or Kupari - Moore
Wagner/Grundstrom - JAD - Lemieux

This is how I think it plays out at forward.

Lizotte is a spare unless he gets picked up by Seattle. Same with Wagner or Tank.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Reilly - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Anderson - Walker

Petersen
Quick

I like this but take out Kaliyev and put Moore in that spot. I love Brown but I’d love it even more if he wasnt there and AA was.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Also, Kings just jumped from second to last payroll (not including Seattle) to 14th.

Next season ONLY Brown and Maata come off the books and Cal Peterson is a UFA. So Kings might have to start watching bucks.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
You're reading it incorrectly. Both Clague and Andersson have been professionals for more than 2 years. AHL counts as professional seasons. The games played component has to do with the minimum requirements the TEAMS have to meet on the players exposed per position, all players with more than 2 years pro can be chosen and are exposed unless protected. It's a common misconception.
Only if played under an NHL contract. Remember Gravel...

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Also, Kings just jumped from second to last payroll (not including Seattle) to 14th.

Next season ONLY Brown and Maata come off the books and Cal Peterson is a UFA. So Kings might have to start watching bucks.

They also get Retention and buyout money off the books as well. They are good on cap for a couple of years

Reactions: BigKing

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
If the speculation\rumors are true that we are still looking for another forward, we need to start looking at trading some bodies. Quick look at the roster and lines, we have no room for a prospect or new forward. Maybe trade RFA rights? And hope Seattle takes another forward.. an Amadio type of trade for a D man?....no clue how this will work out.

Iafallo Kopi RV
Kempe Vilardi Brown
Moore(RFA) QB AA(RFA)
Lemieux JAD Wagner

(Top 6 forward TBA)
Andersson(RFA)
Grundstrom
Lizotte
Luff(RFA)

Kupari
Kaliyev

Ad