Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
I would like to see a trade with the sabres involving dmen. Something like:

- Forbort for Beaulieau;
Or
- Martinez, Forbort, Ladue for Bogosian, Beauliau and a 3rd rd pick.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
What's interesting is that for a team that is as horrible as the Kings are, they aren't being mentioned at all. You see teams around them all with guys they are keeping off the ice for trades and not much being see on this end. I don't think that they are going to move any other guys before the deadline.

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
What's interesting is that for a team that is as horrible as the Kings are, they aren't being mentioned at all. You see teams around them all with guys they are keeping off the ice for trades and not much being see on this end. I don't think that they are going to move any other guys before the deadline.
Maybe something small, not expecting much more tho.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

That's the feeling I'm getting, too. There's just not a big market for players like Kovalchuk, Carter, and Quick. No one wants to be saddled with these contracts. If Carter and Kovalchuk were UFAs at the end of this season, now we're talking. But they're not.

As many of us have said, hopefully the next CBA gives us an out on the big time albatross contracts like Kopitar's. But we're still in a very poor contract situation through at least 20/21.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced Kings management is on board with a proper rebuild. They've been very cagey about their immediate plans going forward. I think they really believe that can still reload around Kopitar/Doughty/Quick for another run, especially if they get one of Hughes/Kakko.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I can see the Kings making a deal or two before the draft once things settle and teams can look at how a person like Quick may impact their team and what they are willing to move for him. To be realistic, the Kings really need to try and move Quick for both their future and his benefit. He is wasted on a team that is going through a transition. At his current workload, he is going to start to wear down and for what? I have a huge amount of respect for him and what he has given to the organization but both sides need to move on so he can get another chance at a Cup and they can get out from under his contract.

There will be a market for him. On a team that's in their prime, he could be right back in the thick of things. Maybe he doesn't give back a massive return but this team needs to get their other goalies into the flow and let them grow with a team that will be younger moving forward.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Wonder how Button felt after the Kings won the cup that season. Pretty sure his opinion changed. :DD
Probably the same way he felt after he bought out Martin St. Louis's contract and let him go as a free agent only to watch MSL become one of the most productive forwards of his era and win a Stanley Cup.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC

Never forget Craig Button's hot take on the Jeff Carter trade. Carter may be a shell of his former self, but they got a ton of mileage out of him.

I, too, remember Button’s take on the trade. I guess he wanted LA to try to win games with no one being able to score for us. Someone was needed to fill the net and Carts ended up doing that. A real steal by DL.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That's the feeling I'm getting, too. There's just not a big market for players like Kovalchuk, Carter, and Quick. No one wants to be saddled with these contracts. If Carter and Kovalchuk were UFAs at the end of this season, now we're talking. But they're not.

As many of us have said, hopefully the next CBA gives us an out on the big time albatross contracts like Kopitar's. But we're still in a very poor contract situation through at least 20/21.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced Kings management is on board with a proper rebuild. They've been very cagey about their immediate plans going forward. I think they really believe that can still reload around Kopitar/Doughty/Quick for another run, especially if they get one of Hughes/Kakko.

If the first paragraph is true, then #3 is inevitable. You can't have a proper rebuild if you can't get rid of highly paid players.

Not that having those old guys, and a top 2 pick, guarantees winning any games. They could easily be in the bottom 3 again next year, even if they change nothing else, and add one of those two in the draft. Edmonton is back at the top of the draft. NJ is back again. Philly has been up and down. People used to say a team with 11/8/32 couldn't be bottom 5, and here they are. So don't get too down if they can't sell off everyone. They've shown they are far more than capable of stinking up an entire season. The vets won't be excited next September either. Kopitar has had his 3 worst seasons in the last 5 years.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
On the prospect thread there seems to be an article that indicates that Nikolai Prokhorkin will indeed be coming over!! Finally, let’s see what we got

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
75% chance, and that's the original posters opinion.

giphy.gif

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Just finished listening to Hoven's radio segment. He mentioned that Carter's value is most likely a 3rd rounder pick or two okay prospects. Man, if that is all we can get for Carter, we might as well keep him as a winger for the next few years. I think he still has skill and can be a 20 goal scorer. This year, you can see on the ice he is just not motivated. The team is going nowhere, the games don't matter, and if he plays well, he risks increasing the chance of getting traded.

I think if he is given a fresh start next year, and with an infusion of youth, we will see a better Jeff Carter on the ice. Worse case scenario, we are stuck with his cap hit for a few more years, but that doesn't matter since we won't be contending for the cup for another 2-3 years anyways.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Trade Quick and use his cap space for a defenseman , sign Prokhorkin , draft Kakko and let the kids play

Prokhorkin-Kopitar-Kakko
Kovalchuk-Kempe-Kupari
Iaffalo-Carter-Brown
Grundstrom-Amadio-Wagner

UFA-Doughty
Clague-Martinez
Forbort-Walker

Petersen
Campbell

Toronto , Montreal , Vancouver , Isles, Lightning they all benefit from rolling 4 lines and letting the kids play. It’s a young mans league now and the kids are skating circles. Carter will be better suited on 3rd line. Brown will give other teams hell , Iaffalo is fast and decent defensively . This lineup gives us more depth and Kupari can play idc about having them play in AHL other teams are doing it why not us

Quick has to go he allows to many softies with his style of play and his style of play is not suited for the league anymore . He destroys all momentum and heart the team has .

Or you sign Panarin and Prokhorkin, draft Kakko , and roll with

Panarin-Kopitar-Kakko
Prokhorkin-Kempe-Kupari
Kovalchuk-Carter-Brown
Iaffalo-Amadio-Grundstrom

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Just finished listening to Hoven's radio segment. He mentioned that Carter's value is most likely a 3rd rounder pick or two okay prospects. Man, if that is all we can get for Carter, we might as well keep him as a winger for the next few years. I think he still has skill and can be a 20 goal scorer. This year, you can see on the ice he is just not motivated. The team is going nowhere, the games don't matter, and if he plays well, he risks increasing the chance of getting traded.

I think if he is given a fresh start next year, and with an infusion of youth, we will see a better Jeff Carter on the ice. Worse case scenario, we are stuck with his cap hit for a few more years, but that doesn't matter since we won't be contending for the cup for another 2-3 years anyways.

Carter's days of 20 goals may be over. You unload that contract if you can. He is going to be 35 and guys that age who don't work hard like madmen go downhill fast.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I think there´s a decent chance Carter bounces back to some degree next season. I can definitely see the argument for moving him now if there´s a taker just to rid yourself of that contract while still possible. . I just wonder how much of his decline is age and how much is him still not being 100% from that injury.

kingsholygrail

1-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think there´s a decent chance Carter bounces back to some degree next season. I can definitely see the argument for moving him now if there´s a taker just to rid yourself of that contract while still possible. . I just wonder how much of his decline is age and how much is him still not being 100% from that injury.
This team is not going to be competitive soon. Keeping him if there's a taker is pointless.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad