Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Hey, I was curious as to what you guys would want from the Blues for Carter. Saw he was available and I think he’d be a perfect fit for a potential playoff run. He fills our remaining weaknesses.

Would Fabbri+Blais+pick move the needle?
Looks like Fabbri is struggling to find the scoresheet this season. Perfect fit for the Kings! Still, if that pick is a second rounder, sign me up.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Looks like Fabbri is struggling to find the scoresheet this season. Perfect fit for the Kings! Still, if that pick is a second rounder, sign me up.

Yeah he hasn’t gotten the numbers, but he had a shoulder injury and when he got healthy our team was starting to get on a roll so we didn’t fiddle with the lineup. He looked great last night and his game before though.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hey, I was curious as to what you guys would want from the Blues for Carter. Saw he was available and I think he’d be a perfect fit for a potential playoff run. He fills our remaining weaknesses.

Don't tell anyone, but less than that moves the needle. Are you aware Carter has threatened to retire if he is traded?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

I'd take Fabbri, Blais and a 2nd for Carter.....would love to get Dunn in there somehow, but don't see that happening.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
With that move by CLB for Duchene, you have to think that pulls Panarin off the market, which hopefully means the Kings are now in a stronger sell position with remaining buyers. Remove Bobrovsky and it clears up scenarios even more. Here are the teams that are still buyers who I think need to make some kind of depth move to upgrade for the playoffs.

San Jose
Vegas
Calgary
Dallas
Nashville
Winnipeg
Boston
Montreal
Tampa
Islanders

The best possible players to trade are Carter and Kovalchuk. I could see teams like Boston and Dallas as ideal trading partners for either of those players.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
With that move by CLB for Duchene, you have to think that pulls Panarin off the market, which hopefully means the Kings are now in a stronger sell position with remaining buyers. Remove Bobrovsky and it clears up scenarios even more. Here are the teams that are still buyers who I think need to make some kind of depth move to upgrade for the playoffs.

San Jose
Vegas
Calgary
Dallas
Nashville
Winnipeg
Boston
Montreal
Tampa
Islanders

The best possible players to trade are Carter and Kovalchuk. I could see teams like Boston and Dallas as ideal trading partners for either of those players.

I really think the Isles are a solid place for Kovalchuk.......winning team, familiar management, strong Russian community, big city etc, pretty much everything he has in LA, except snow, and winning.

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I really think the Isles are a solid place for Kovalchuk.......winning team, familiar management, strong Russian community, big city etc, pretty much everything he has in LA, except snow, and winning.

Yup, I feel the same way, and also would be happy with Ho-Sang as the main returns.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Initially, someone commented that the Kings needed to be careful with a trade because of the recapture penalty should Carter retire. Carter said he didn't want to be traded. These two things eventually got spun into Carter threatening to retire if he got traded. I don't think he ever did that.

Putting this aside, it would be smart of the Kings to send him somewhere that he would like.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

He's selling his house in the area. Of course he had the house the entire time he was in Russia, but I think he'll stick around. He has to want to go somewhere else.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Like I said before, Carter (before last night anyway) is PPG vs. Nashville, 16 goals and 10 assists in (now 27) 26 games. Only teams he has scored more goals against: Pittsburgh, 17 in 48 games, NYI 21 in 49 games, and...poor Edmonton. 21 in 31 :laugh:. Not surprised Nashville has been continually linked to him.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
I would love to see us trade carter for anything at this point, but does this Jonathan Davis guy have any reliable sources? Isn’t he part of the mayor gang?

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
Mayor has sources,more than you.
He predicted silfverberg contract not even close to being done and how anaheim might trade him.. 15 min later he got signed to a deal. He said sharks are close to acquiring miller from the ducks and yet nothing happened. I don’t have sources, I just asked a question.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Cherry picking.Not everything any insider says comes true.If he hears it he reports it,if it changes then it changes.Thats not a insiders fault if trade talks fail.The last two years when it comes to Kings news is pretty good.Tears before was awful and I was a critic.I give John Hoven credit when he gets stuff right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad