Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Watching them play yesterday it became clear that they should trade Kovy. It's a bad team team whose best players are regressing. Do him proper and deal him to NYI at 20% retention for a 2nd + Kieffer Bellows+4th in 2020

Reactions: KINGS17

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Watching them play yesterday it became clear that they should trade Kovy. It's a bad team team whose best players are regressing. Do him proper and deal him to NYI at 20% retention for a 2nd + Kieffer Bellows+4th in 2020

I'd go Kovy, 25% retained for Ho Sang and a 2nd.....

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm cautious of a player with so many incidents yet somehow it always seems like it's someone else's fault.
2010+NHL+Entry+Draft+Portraits+3HHt7t2D5AJx.jpg

kabanov-2.jpg

Reactions: King'sPawn

riznat

Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
As in free him from his chains of suckedness that is the Kings. Trade him by Monday, he deserves better.
Its kind of annoying looking at posts on the trade board involving Kovy, i have no idea what his value is - I am well aware of the cap hit and the contract lasting 2 more years but nearly everyone seems to think he is a cap dump and he sucks. He's still good and i haven't seen him slowing down. I dont think he will have any problem playing out the next 2 years at the same or similar skill level (and will likely score a bit more on any other team as well). I like him and will miss him if traded. I think we should trade him because there is no point having him, but we definitely wouldn't be dumping him.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I'm cautious of a player with so many incidents yet somehow it always seems like it's someone else's fault.

Agreed, but he has the skill that you have to try, it does two things, A. you get cap space back and out of Kovy's contract, you get a really fast, skilled young player, and you get a 2nd round pick,

EVEN if Ho-Sang flames out.....you get out of the contract, and you get a 2nd round pick

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
They aren't going to just dump Kovalchuk. The guy is probably going to come close to 20 goals this year which is not bad and he plays hard every night. He has been a complete professional and that's hard on a team this bad and surrounded by veterans who have just phoned it in for a lot of the season.

The Kings probably have no problem retaining salary to some extent. I think the issue is what other teams see as his ROI. The ironic thing though is that a lot of teams would have taken him on a 2-year deal and the main reason he signed with the Kings is that extra year. So, thinking at this in terms of a business, the Kings should pick up enough of the salary to make it work. I wonder if this is a deal that maybe gets done after the season if Kovy ends up strong.

In my opinion, you could put him on a 2nd line and he would probably be perfect for a contender if he were just a rental. He would probably get a 2nd rounder in return if he had that type of contract. It's the length that kills a trade.

There might be a stronger market if the Kings were willing to take a garbage contract in return for a pretty good prospect or a higher pick.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Hoping Blake is smart enough to move Kopitar and his absurd contract before he’s too old for anyone to want...

Having two guys in their 30s(Kopitar/doughty soon) taking up 20+ Mil in cap hit for the next number of years is not smart. Doughty is worth his contract though...

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Its kind of annoying looking at posts on the trade board involving Kovy, i have no idea what his value is - I am well aware of the cap hit and the contract lasting 2 more years but nearly everyone seems to think he is a cap dump and he sucks. He's still good and i haven't seen him slowing down. I dont think he will have any problem playing out the next 2 years at the same or similar skill level (and will likely score a bit more on any other team as well). I like him and will miss him if traded. I think we should trade him because there is no point having him, but we definitely wouldn't be dumping him.

I completely agree. I think he's been good, just not properly used and greatly underappreciated. But him playing for LA going forward is just fancy paint on a pig. He deserves better.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hoping Blake is smart enough to move Kopitar and his absurd contract before he’s too old for anyone to want...

Having two guys in their 30s(Kopitar/doughty soon) taking up 20+ Mil in cap hit for the next number of years is not smart. Doughty is worth his contract though...

That ship has already sailed.
RMSTitanic_TimelineofDisaster_Titanic.jpg

In a few hours all of this will be at the bottom of the ocean.

The-Titanic-sinking-aftermath-2.jpg

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Oh look, here's a puck, let me just get hit by it - Alec Martinez
dude plays defense and blocks a shit-ton of shots, what do you expect? its the nature of things

edit:
he was 2nd in the league for blocked shots last year, 8th the year before, 9th the year before that, etc. im sure you get the idea

Reactions: Cook24

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
dude plays defense and blocks a ****-ton of shots, what do you expect? its the nature of things

edit:
he was 2nd in the league for blocked shots last year, 8th the year before, 9th the year before that, etc. im sure you get the idea

Honestly surprised there aren’t more teams in on Martinez...

Cheap contract for what he brings and one more season on his deal....good for 25-35 points, hits, one of top in the league every year in blocked shots...he has his moments, but solid defensively way more often than not...2 Stanley cups on his belt.

IMO, he should bring late first rounder back, or a 2nd and a solid prospect...

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront

Doughtys contract is the one Kings should try to get rid of even with the NMC already in place this season.......

Reactions: Schmooley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad