Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Boy, if Blake could get Carter off the books that would be quite to coup.

I’d be content if they got anything of substance for him.

Just got to hope whoever loses out on Hayes will panick close to the deadline and make a move for Carter.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Best news I’ve heard all day.

I'm still overseas until Monday...17 hour trip back and land in Chicago at 6 AM I think and then Denver
at 10:15 AM...by the time I have wifi, there will be former Kings and new Kings....I cannot see Twitter
where I am - it's blocked in China...so since the tweet above is well liked and probably regarding Carter
I like it too! But....what does it say? lol

Reactions: LAKings88

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
I'm still overseas until Monday...17 hour trip back and land in Chicago at 6 AM I think and then Denver
at 10:15 AM...by the time I have wifi, there will be former Kings and new Kings....I cannot see Twitter
where I am - it's blocked in China...so since the tweet above is well liked and probably regarding Carter
I like it too! But....what does it say? lol
Both Nashville and Dallas have interest in Carter.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Both Nashville and Dallas have interest in Carter.

Thanks! And hope they can make one of them happy then...and no, I did not see Todd Elik here and the junior Beijing Kings while here. Was interesting that Lakngsinsider had a story about them the other day. Saw some hockey art and posters in a mall and a street hockey setup in the mall - more like a shooting on a goal setup - not a rink, but cool. Walked on the Great Wall last week and was surreal. Saw the Olympic Stadium Bird's Nest from 2008 Summer games. Missing good mexican food and speaking in English with people. Miss seeing Kings hockey? Not so much. I recorded all games while gone. Delete Delete Delete when back. Will like coming home and seeing new players though...will be a bit sad if Kovy is traded but he deserves better.

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Lt. Dan jumped off the shrimping boat one too many times. :D

giphy.gif

Just grinding your gears, bud. :thumbu:

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Lol I was being sarcastic. There is no + with Carter for that pick.

It would just be the cherry on top of the misery sundae for a deal like that to actually go through at the Trade Deadline only for Colorado to win the NHL Draft Lottery and hopscotch the Kings again for the #1 pick...

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
We would be fine to just have some players no longer count against our cap. It’s that simple. There is a cost to overpaying a player. It doesn’t matter if it’s someone w a $1 cap hit but worth zero, or a $11 cap hit but playing like 6. If a player ain’t playing like their cap hit, it’s time to think about moving them. You can’t be comparing players to their own teammates on skill level. It doesn’t matter. It’s not a matter anymore of so and so is better than so and so. So, with that said, the Kimgs are in trouble. Kopitar is playing like a 5, Drew is playing like a 4, Dion is playing like a 1, Forbort is playing like a 1, Quick is playing like a 1, Carter is playing like a 1, Toffoli is like a 2, etc. Meanwhile, Clifford is playing like a 3, Kempe is up to about a 2 and rising, Wagner is about a 2, Luff was even $2 perhaps, etc. I could go through the whole organization. So, you shed cap space at all costs, even if you get shit in return. You take 5 and 6 round draft picks. Those are live bodies eventually, and the more you have, the more you might have Luc!! You never know. As far as worrying about Seattle? It’s no problem. You don’t protect Kopitar Drew Brown Carter , although I know I got this wrong because of no moves, but hell, protect all your young stuff. I’m ranting. But it’s a money game, and the Kings would be great to move some players. Even if it seems like we are getting screwed. We wouldn’t be. It would just be an illusion when you’ve first heard it.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Wonder if Carolina will make a move for Carter now that the Jackets got Duchene. Jeff has ties with their captain so you never know
If it were any other team, it’d be done by now. But Carolina has a history of not making this sort of play.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What's the farthest you can drop being the worst team? Can't you drop to 3rd overall potentially?

There's a lottery for the top 3 spots. The farthest you can drop as the worth team is a 4th overall pick.

The worst team has a 50% chance of picking in the top 3 and a 50% chance of 4th overall.

Reactions: SlimCharles

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
It could be that teams just don't value what the Kings have to sell that much. Guys either aren't playing that great or have bad contracts or both in the case of Carter this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad