Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm just going to sit back and get used to the talking heads pandering to the big markets not since LA isn't a team to beat.

Get ready for years and years of "LA isn't going anywhere lol, Doughty for two seconds and 3 b prospects, take it or leave it, we'll do you a favor and remove that contract" and "kadri to LA for Clague and their 2nd first, why not, LA is rebuilding and Clague is trash anyway lolol" and stuff like "Martinez isn't that good anyway or LA wouldn't be trash LMAOOOOOO"

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If you want to save money, buy the day-old bread. No one can tell the difference.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Panarin is one of those players you want the Kings to always go after, but at this state, he's one of those players that you can't give up the farm for,

I would be ok with trading TOR late 1st and a guy like Akil Thomas for Panarin, under the condition that we can talk to him, and gauge his interest of sticking around, make it a 2nd with the condition if he signs it goes to a 1st,

He's an absolute game changer, and the Kings desperately can use that, but he's also 27, you can't give him an 8 year contract, you just can't.

Reactions: deaderhead28

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Panarin is one of those players you want the Kings to always go after, but at this state, he's one of those players that you can't give up the farm for,

I would be ok with trading TOR late 1st and a guy like Akil Thomas for Panarin, under the condition that we can talk to him, and gauge his interest of sticking around, make it a 2nd with the condition if he signs it goes to a 1st,

He's an absolute game changer, and the Kings desperately can use that, but he's also 27, you can't give him an 8 year contract, you just can't.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I like Panarin and I think any team would love to have him. That being said I don't think the timeline fits the Kings. Blake must think really highly of the prospects to jump right in and help this team if they are seriously considering him. I think any deal the Kings would have to offer only the leafs pick, Toffoli and something else. The Kings pick should be off the table.

I bet Blake is thinking if they get Hughes or Kakko that they'll jump right in, in addition to guys like Vilardi, Kupari and JAD. But then that leaves the defense in shambles and without a coach. This smells of desperation and impatience which is not what this team needs right now.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If you can sign Panarian as a UFA for 7 years you do it. Panarin, Kopitar, Doughty, Quick could easily put this team back into contention for the next three years. Defense will be the issue if it happens

Reactions: deaderhead28

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I’d rather have Ferland for 8 years at $7m than Panarin at $10m which is what I assume he’d get as a ufa at minimum.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I’d rather have Ferland for 8 years at $7m than Panarin at $10m which is what I assume he’d get as a ufa at minimum.

WTF you just made my eyes burn...you want Ferland, 8 years, 7M, the SAME Ferland that has only cracked 20 goals once?? and his career high of 41 points is something Panarin has DOUBLED once in one seasn, and almost twice?

That's beyond bold.....

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I'm just going to sit back and get used to the talking heads pandering to the big markets not since LA isn't a team to beat.

Get ready for years and years of "LA isn't going anywhere lol, Doughty for two seconds and 3 b prospects, take it or leave it, we'll do you a favor and remove that contract" and "kadri to LA for Clague and their 2nd first, why not, LA is rebuilding and Clague is trash anyway lolol" and stuff like "Martinez isn't that good anyway or LA wouldn't be trash LMAOOOOOO"

Already happening. On the trade board, some Jets fan offered Trouba a 1st, 2nd and 2 b/c prospects for Doughty with 25% retained. They then gave Kesler as the comp.

The older I get, the less people I like.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Rather take a shot at signing Porkhorkin, Girardi and Coburn with the $9-$11 mil per it would cost to sign the breadman

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Shouldnt give up future assets for Panarin. Target as a UFA only on July 1 if thats the game they’re playing. To do so you need at least Quick and Carter moved before then. So thats probably all a longshot.

As as cool as Panarin would be on this squad, our defence is still in shambles.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Already happening. On the trade board, some Jets fan offered Trouba a 1st, 2nd and 2 b/c prospects for Doughty with 25% retained. They then gave Kesler as the comp.

The older I get, the less people I like.
The trade proposal is ridiculous, but Drew Doughty is not having a good season by his standards.

If he has another season next year like this one, it's not a good sign.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Panarin just doesn’t line up with this team’s trajectory. You add a player like him with a young up and coming core, not a has been lineup like ours.
Exactly, think about when the Kings acquired Jeff Carter and the shape of the Kings roster at the time.

...and Carter didn't even need a new contract.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Panarin just doesn’t line up with this team’s trajectory. You add a player like him with a young up and coming core, not a has been lineup like ours.
agreed, but if it he does end up a king it will be as UFA not a trade is all I was saying. Even then I truly think it is unlikely

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Exactly, think about when the Kings acquired Jeff Carter and the shape of the Kings roster at the time.

...and Carter didn't even need a new contract.

Lets assume for fun, that LA traded TOR 1st and Toffoli and prospect B for Panarin, and re-signed him,

Are you saying that Kupari, JAD, Clague, Kempe, Wagner, Luff, Walker, whoever the top 5 pick is from 2019, would not be up and coming?

Yes, they would still have Carter/Kopitar/Brown/Kovalchuk etc, and until the above plays you really don't know what you have, but you can make an argument that it should be done, dependent on price.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Lets assume for fun, that LA traded TOR 1st and Toffoli and prospect B for Panarin, and re-signed him,

Are you saying that Kupari, JAD, Clague, Kempe, Wagner, Luff, Walker, whoever the top 5 pick is from 2019, would not be up and coming?

Yes, they would still have Carter/Kopitar/Brown/Kovalchuk etc, and until the above plays you really don't know what you have, but you can make an argument that it should be done, dependent on price.

By the time the up-and-comers start hitting their stride, Panarin will be in his early 30s.

To me, the timelines don't match.

I'd sign Panarin as a UFA, as it's a free asset, but it's not worth trading for an asset when it would be conflicting with the developmental curves of the next wave.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
By the time the up-and-comers start hitting their stride, Panarin will be in his early 30s.

To me, the timelines don't match.

I'd sign Panarin as a UFA, as it's a free asset, but it's not worth trading for an asset when it would be conflicting with the developmental curves of the next wave.

yup this. Even if signing him mean he wants a full NMC I would do it. If things go sideways more often then not players are willing to waive. they just want to control where they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad