Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
If Kings want Panarin wait until the off season.

I don’t see the Kings making a move for Breadman unless they can dump Kovalchuk.

Muzzin -4 million.
Thompson - 1.65 million
Hagelin - 3.75 million

Two of those three guys are already gone. One will be likely traded. That’s 9.4 million off the books. Kings went from top 5 payroll to 13th.

If they can deal Kovalchuk and his 6.25 that would equal about 15 million in salary. If they move one of Carter or Quick that’s another 5 million.

I would imagine they can throw out 9 for Panarin to come to LA knowing they really have no star players coming up that need to get paid yet. I wouldn’t pay him 10 or more though. I think if they really wanted him they could just sell him on the city.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
If Kings want Panarin wait until the off season.

I don’t see the Kings making a move for Breadman unless they can dump Kovalchuk.

Muzzin -4 million.
Thompson - 1.65 million
Hagelin - 3.75 million

Two of those three guys are already gone. One will be likely traded. That’s 9.4 million off the books. Kings went from top 5 payroll to 13th.

If they can deal Kovalchuk and his 6.25 that would equal about 15 million in salary. If they move one of Carter or Quick that’s another 5 million.

I would imagine they can throw out 9 for Panarin to come to LA knowing they really have no star players coming up that need to get paid yet. I wouldn’t pay him 10 or more though. I think if they really wanted him they could just sell him on the city.
Wouldn’t Kovy be a selling point for Panarin?

Reactions: dman3474

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Wouldn’t Kovy be a selling point for Panarin?
That's what I was thinking as well.

kovalchuk.jpg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That's what I was thinking as well.

kovalchuk.jpg

"ARTEMI MY BOY, YEAH I KNOW THE TEAM SUCKS BUT PLAYING UNDER THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME IS SURELY WORTH IT. BRAHT IF YOU JOIN US THE CHANCE OF GETTING SLAVA "MONEY" VOYNOV BACK WOULD INCREASE. I HEARD HE PACKS QUITE THE PUNCH....FROM THE BLUE LINE BLYATTTTTT"

Last edited:

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Hey guys, Isles fan coming in peace. A lot of posters over on the NYI board are interested in Kovy. How's he been playing? His stats are meh but how are his skills (specifically, shooting)? Thanks!

Reactions: Deadweight

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys, Isles fan coming in peace. A lot of posters over on the NYI board are interested in Kovy. How's he been playing? His stats are meh but how are his skills (specifically, shooting)? Thanks!

Dudes been really good when given decent line mates.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

He still can get a shot off very quick and is good at skating with the puck. I was really against the signing but he has won me over. Wish he had better linemates with him.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Would you guys take on Alzner's contract if it came with Suzuki if it meant giving Toffoli?

I think I have been playing NHL 19 too much but it would allow LA to move Martinez for a 1st (hopefully) or a 2nd. However then we would be stuck with Alzner and Dion dragging down our D.

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Would you guys take on Alzner's contract if it came with Suzuki if it meant giving Toffoli?

I think I have been playing NHL 19 too much but it would allow LA to move Martinez for a 1st (hopefully) or a 2nd. However then we would be stuck with Alzner and Dion dragging down our D.

I'd pass. You think you hate Dion now, wait until he's paired with Alzner...

Reactions: deaderhead28

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

He's been good when given the chance. He's been abused by the coaching staff. Trotz is a much better coach than Willie. He would thrive playing next to Barzal.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibleedkings

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

What are the Islander fans that are pro kovalchuk prepared to give up?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Dudes been really good when given decent line mates.
What do you mean by "really good"? He's pretty much a non-entity defensively and hasn't provided much offense. Way underwater in every statistic. Sure he still has a cannon of a one-timer, so he's contributed on the power play, but opponents have scored 5 short handed goals while he's been on.

Kovalchuk has been a bad match since day one. Good teammate, though, so there's that.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
"ARTEMI MY BOY, YEAH I KNOW THE TEAM SUCKS BUT PLAYING UNDER THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME IS SURELY WORTH IT. BRAHT IF YOU JOIN US THE CHANCE OF GETTING SLAVA "MONEY" VOYNOV BACK WOULD INCREASE. I HEARD HE PACKS QUITE THE PUNCH....FROM THE BLUE LINE BLYATTTTTT"

I can't tell whether Panarin cares more about what kind of team he's on, or what type of city he lives in/around. I'm sure he wants the best of both worlds, but if he had to pick one? If there's a chance he would voluntarily sign with the Panthers, one of the most poorly run franchises in the league for at least 20 years, then the Kings have a chance, whether Kovalchuk is here or not. That wouldn't help the country club atmosphere, but he does have 104 points in his last 82 games.

If you can get a not yet 20 year old former 13th overall pick who hasn't started his ELC yet for Toffoli, I'd at least give it some thought. Likely won't get better potential for him than that. Deal with Alzner one way or another down the road.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I can't tell whether Panarin cares more about what kind of team he's on, or what type of city he lives in/around. I'm sure he wants the best of both worlds, but if he had to pick one? If there's a chance he would voluntarily sign with the Panthers, one of the most poorly run franchises in the league for at least 20 years, then the Kings have a chance, whether Kovalchuk is here or not. That wouldn't help the country club atmosphere, but he does have 104 points in his last 82 games.

If you can get a not yet 20 year old former 13th overall pick who hasn't started his ELC yet for Toffoli, I'd at least give it some thought. Likely won't get better potential for him than that. Deal with Alzner one way or another down the road.

Kind of my thought too. Suzuki would be a huge get but man Alzner's contract is bad.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
...another Gretzky special.

Both the trade analysis video and the article mention that this appears to be a Gretzky influenced trade.

What's even more maddening is that Kelly Hrudey was phenomenal that season, and he had zero help in his own zone due to such a porous defense. I recall the Kings had a chance to earn a playoff spot if they won the last game of the season, which was against Chicago. Hrudey played the night before and shutout the Jets. You'd think Vachon (who was an interim coach after Barry Melrose was fired), would go with the hot goalie, but nope, he goes with an out-of-shape Grant Fuhr, who was an unmitigated disaster as a King.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Kovy is likeable so it makes people think he has been better than he actually has and that he would be putting up serious points if he had better line mates.

Fact of the matter is that there is excitement around him even if it doesn't actually lead to anything. During a horrible season with not much to cheer about, him blasting a one-timer or doing something creative really stands out but, in reality, he's an aged star who has definitely lost something.

That being said, he can still play in the NHL; however, it won't be fun paying him $6MM a year for the next two. It isn't even fun right now if you look at it critically, and I like the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad