Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
That's the risk of playing a forward not known for defense to begin with near the point on the PP. If he and the rest of the bunch aren't connecting, it can get stupid. Throw in a wanna-be PP QB in Doughty back there, and Kopitar sitting on the wall just lightly passing the puck around, and it's a mess.

Kopitar has 0 PP goals in his last 60 games. Only 14 PP shots on net, which is 5 fewer than Iafallo, in about 84 more PP minutes.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...ype=2&filter=ppTimeOnIce,gte,172&sort=ppShots

Of the 80 players that have played 172 minutes on the PP in the last 60-ish games, Kopitar is 80th in shots on net.

A very telling set of statistics. Effort seems to be a problem for Kopitar on the power play. Sometimes I think he looks at the power play as a shift where he is entitled to take a break. You would think a coach's son would know every player has to be a threat to shoot the puck on the power play. Other teams may not know these stats, but you know they know his pattern.

Opponents must be thinking, "So what if Kopitar scores two power play goals on the handful of shots he takes during a season. Everyone play the pass when Kopitar has the puck on the power play."

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
LAs power play has been terrible the last few seasons. No creativity.

I was hoping Kovy would open it up but that too has failed.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I would be happy with a 2nd round pick for Kovalchuk at 25% salary retention, and I agree it would be like buying the 2nd round pick.
So would I. I would even retain the max just to get a 2nd rounder. It's not my money, so I don't care. It's not like the Kings will need the cap space over the next two years.

4 picks in the top 60 in this years draft would be nice.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Would you guys take on Alzner's contract if it came with Suzuki if it meant giving Toffoli?

I think I have been playing NHL 19 too much but it would allow LA to move Martinez for a 1st (hopefully) or a 2nd. However then we would be stuck with Alzner and Dion dragging down our D.
No

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014

fwiw, caps trades usually happen after this guy scouts games. They traded for shattenkirk the day after he scouted a game

Reactions: LAKings88

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

The Caps have very little cap space. They can't do Burakovsky for Toffoli straight up, and I doubt the Kings would retain on Toffoli, while also having to sign Burakovsky to a new deal. Let alone be able add Clifford or Lewis in there somewhere. They can't fit Hagelin at 50%. They couldn't fit Lewis even at 50%. They could barely fit Clifford at 50%, however, they already have a full roster, and nobody is hurt. Any deal with the Caps would probably have to get complicated, and those tend to break down these days.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
There just isn’t much on Washington (Available) I can see that will help LA.

Burakovsky is their rumored biggest piece being shopped. Not sold on him and he is an RFA needing to be qualified at 3m.

Don’t know much about their prospects.

Just seems like a strange fit as trade partners.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
There just isn’t much on Washington (Available) I can see that will help LA.

Burakovsky is their rumored biggest piece being shopped. Not sold on him and he is an RFA needing to be qualified at 3m.

Don’t know much about their prospects.

Just seems like a strange fit as trade partners.

I can see Burakovsky as a necessary evil to make the salaries work attached to a draft pick or something, if he's a dud, don't qualify him.

Reactions: LAKings88

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Didn’t the Kings already have him ;)
upload_2019-2-14_19-58-29.jpeg

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events