Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I liked him in LA, but that contract is one of the worst in NHL history. He should of stayed in LA honestly. He wasn’t a bad fit and he still has friends on the team. Glad he didn’t now tho.

Ehh bad yes, but I don’t think you can say one of the worst in history. It was par for the course that summer... Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Backes, Okposo... :help:

@3 to 4 mil and purely thought of as a middle 6’er, Lucic would be fine. But yeah, you guys definitely dodged a bullet :laugh:

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
oooo Dion sounds pissed, and I like it. Maybe he'll be angry today.

That was passive-aggressive office email interview responses.

Reactions: LAKings88

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Ehh I saw the Spooner/Kassian/Manning proposal not getting laughed out of the building, plus the news he was available, and was curious.

That offer would make sense. Kovalchuk isn't some sort of asset that the Kings will get something for, so 3 expiring contracts next year would be great. Sign me up. Lucic makes no sense, because of the 2 extra years. The Kings are better off buying Kovalchuk out in June, if they absolutely have to get rid of him, even having to keep the full cap hit, than getting Lucic.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
That offer would make sense. Kovalchuk isn't some sort of asset that the Kings will get something for, so 3 expiring contracts next year would be great. Sign me up. Lucic makes no sense, because of the 2 extra years. The Kings are better off buying Kovalchuk out in June, if they absolutely have to get rid of him, even having to keep the full cap hit, than getting Lucic.

That trade makes NO sense just as much as the Lucic one!

Basically, you're keeping the same amount of cap hit in three lesser players over 1 better player. And all the team would get would be a 2nd and a year off Kovalchuk's contract. That's not enough. It's also taking up 2 extra spots in the lineup that could be used for younger players. It's a terrible trade for LA.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That trade makes NO sense just as much as the Lucic one!

Basically, you're keeping the same amount of cap hit in three lesser players over 1 better player. And all the team would get would be a 2nd and a year off Kovalchuk's contract. That's not enough. It's also taking up 2 extra spots in the lineup that could be used for younger players. It's a terrible trade for LA.

What are you expecting to get for a 35+ contract with a NMC and 2 years left on it at $6.25m? Anything positive is enough. There won't be a 1st coming back. Nobody is taking 100% of that contract for nothing. Not getting a top prospect. If you can get out of that 3rd year by just having to deal with 3 extra contracts next year, that's about as good as it's going to get. You can send those 3 guys down to Ontario, trade them for 7th rd picks, buy them out, etc, plus get out of the 3rd year for Kovalchuck. That's assuming he even wants to go to Edmonton.

Either way, Kovalchuk isn't a valuable asset. Even retaining 50%, you're not going to bring back someone with any actual potential.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
What are you expecting to get for a 35+ contract with a NMC and 2 years left on it at $6.25m? Anything positive is enough. There won't be a 1st coming back. Nobody is taking 100% of that contract for nothing. Not getting a top prospect. If you can get out of that 3rd year by just having to deal with 3 extra contracts next year, that's about as good as it's going to get. You can send those 3 guys down to Ontario, trade them for 7th rd picks, buy them out, etc, plus get out of the 3rd year for Kovalchuck. That's assuming he even wants to go to Edmonton.

Either way, Kovalchuk isn't a valuable asset. Even retaining 50%, you're not going to bring back someone with any actual potential.

I don't see LA moving Kovalchuk at all (until next seasons TDL). You can't trade those guys for late picks because if you could Edmonton would have already. Sending them down to Ontario still blocks spots for guys you want/need playing. They are horrible players (less so Kassian)!

I'd rather retain 10-20% on Kovy and pick up a 3rd + prospect over these cap dump guys.

It's a horrible trade for the future of the Kings.

P.s. Kovy is really helping Kempe and his game (mentally and physically). Which I'd rather have than 3 useless players

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't see LA moving Kovalchuk at all (until next seasons TDL). You can't trade those guys for late picks because if you could Edmonton would have already. Sending them down to Ontario still blocks spots for guys you want/need playing. They are horrible players (less so Kassian)!

I'd rather retain 10-20% on Kovy and pick up a 3rd + prospect over these cap dump guys.

It's a horrible trade for the future of the Kings.

P.s. Kovy is really helping Kempe and his game (mentally and physically). Which I'd rather have than 3 useless players

Yeah, I don't think they'll trade him either. Mostly because they probably can't. He has to want to go to wherever to play. Kovalchuk will be another year older next year. They're never going to actually get something for him. They're not getting a 3rd and a prospect. I'd be astonished if they did. If he was still productive in his UFA year, they might be able to squeeze out a draft pick for him. He'll be that much older, and that much more likely to be unproductive though. Very unlikely they come out ahead of any Kovalchuk trade.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Yeah, I don't think they'll trade him either. Mostly because they probably can't. He has to want to go to wherever to play. Kovalchuk will be another year older next year. They're never going to actually get something for him. They're not getting a 3rd and a prospect. I'd be astonished if they did. If he was still productive in his UFA year, they might be able to squeeze out a draft pick for him. He'll be that much older, and that much more likely to be unproductive though. Very unlikely they come out ahead of any Kovalchuk trade.

I think you are wrong on what they could get for Kovalchuk but to each their own.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I don't trade Kovalchuk unless he asks to leave. He has been the biggest leader on this Kings squad and I think him being in the lockerroom will pay dividends for the youth infusion.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
HNIC Headliners tonight, per Nick Kypreos mentioned the Kings could potentially eat 20%-25% of the Kovalchuk contract. They have not yet approached him about his NMC (submitting a 7-team list of potential trade destinations) but if they do, it should not be an issue.

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
Do any of you see anything coming from the caps-kings scouting each other so much? I had seen that the capitals were interested in Toffoli but I’m not sure how likely they are to pull that off

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
The teams play each other twice in the next 10 days. May be nothing more than that.

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
The teams play each other twice in the next 10 days. May be nothing more than that.
I had just figured it could be more cause that seems like a lot of scouting for just a couple games, Bernstein had mentioned it earlier and TFP had the capitals interested in Toffoli. Figured I’d ask

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hagelin or Thompson to the Capitals makes a lot of sense given the rumors out there concerning the Caps' desire to bolster their bottom six.

Burakovsky is said to be on the move and he might be worth a look as well.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hagelin or Thompson to the Capitals makes a lot of sense given the rumors out there concerning the Caps' desire to bolster their bottom six.

Burakovsky is said to be on the move and he might be worth a look as well.

These are really the only move I'd see them making at the deadline. No need to do anything else until the draft if they decide to move more. But you know the blogger bro's are gonna be pissed they didn't trade Quick for a 3rd and a 2nd in 2021.:laugh:

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
These are really the only move I'd see them making at the deadline. No need to do anything else until the draft if they decide to move more. But you know the blogger bro's are gonna be pissed they didn't trade Quick for a 3rd and a 2nd in 2021.:laugh:
Kinda like some on here:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad