Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
At least I left the team instead of cheering against them. Classy move rooting for your team to lose every night. Cheering for a loss against Boston tomorrow I’m sure. Got to keep that fading tank alive!!
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I don't root against the team. I do root for Blake to do the right thing as the GM. If Blake does what he should be doing, the rest will take care of itself.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I don't think any of us actively root against them but rather understand that it is for the best. I want them to tank but I am wired to want them to win so I still get excited when they have a scoring chance and sag a bit when they don't score. Same for when they get scored on.

I understand that this pain right now is worth it in the long run, or at least is probably better. I sure as **** didn't go into the season hoping they would finish DFL but I adjusted my expectations accordingly. My desire is that they go undefeated the rest of the way and win another Cup. If they miraculously made the playoffs, I'd cheer for them to win. Hell, I don't "cheer" for them to lose but am completely okay with a loss as I feel the reality of the situation right now is that they should be positioning themselves for the highest draft pick odds possible.

The 2008 season was horrible. To the point--and beyond--of annoyance, I will once again say I had seats to the dark ages and went to basically every game. I got Drew Doughty out of that 2008 season so it was completely worth it, even though it would have been more fun in the moment to win a couple more home games and then get to draft Luke Schenn.

Simple question....when you watch the game tomorrow will you be hoping the Kings win or lose?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I don't root against the team. I do root for Blake to do the right thing as the GM. If Blake does what he should be doing, the rest will take care of itself.

Same question to you...when you watch the game tomorrow will you be hoping the Kings win or lose? Blake will have nothing to do with the outcome of the game so don't bring him into your answer. Simple question. I already know the answer.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Same question to you...when you watch the game tomorrow will you be hoping the Kings win or lose? Blake will have nothing to do with the outcome of the game so don't bring him into your answer. Simple question. I already know the answer.
I hope both teams play their best, the rest will take care of itself.

I am hopeful that if the Kings play as they have for most of the season, they win the draft lottery and draft #1 overall. I feel LA Kings fans would enjoy watching a talented player who will bring them out of their seats every game. This team with these players has not done that, and most of them don't put forth an honest effort every game. The sooner the organization is purged of the players who don't give an honest effort at all times, including their training regimen, the better.

Again, I don't root against the team.

...and I will probably find something better to do than watch the Kings game tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallPointHammer

riznat

Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
At least I left the team instead of cheering against them. Classy move rooting for your team to lose every night. Cheering for a loss against Boston tomorrow I’m sure. Got to keep that fading tank alive!!
Leaving during tough times is somehow better than wanting what’s best for the team long term? It’s way harder to stick around and endure the crap then to just leave, your argument sucks

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Lewis needs to audition for a trade opportunity a good 3rd line guy to have for a playoff run.

If you eat half of his salary, that has to be worth a #1? At a little over 3 million of a 2nd line forward?
Let's hope Kovalchuk is worth a 1st round pick if the Kings eat cap hit on his deal. Eating some of his cap hit is the only way Kovalchuk is worth much to other teams.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Leaving during tough times is somehow better than wanting what’s best for the team long term? It’s way harder to stick around and endure the crap then to just leave, your argument sucks
Since 1982 I've been a Kings fan as a young kid.It wasnt the best LA team to be a fan of and 93 was a heart breaker.Then the Gretz years were over and more mediocrity set in until around 2000.Then fail again in 2002.Back to mediocrity until around 2011 and the rest is history.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Simple question....when you watch the game tomorrow will you be hoping the Kings win or lose?

Go Kings, Go!

When they lose, however, I will be pleased with the result.

Losing games the rest of the way is going to the gym for a long workout with wins being staying home with a pizza and beer. I'd rather do the latter every time but the former is better for me in the long run and I'll be happier a year from now if I choose the gym.

I want that pizza instead though every damn time. Feel better after the gym, however. That is what it is like for me to be a Kings fan at this juncture. Hopefully the gym time for a few years will get me back to a point where I can pound pizza and beer for years and not gain a pound.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Let's hope Kovalchuk is worth a 1st round pick if the Kings eat cap hit on his deal. Eating some of his cap hit is the only way Kovalchuk is worth much to other teams.
Got to be careful with retaining,when does the Greene and Richard's caps come off?Dion Phaneuf cap is going to be on the team as well the next few years.Blake and Futa want to be competitive in a couple of years and those retaining caps will hinder FA signings.It better be a sweeter to retain 50% for Kovi.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
tomd is just morally superior to the rest of us.

1. Quit being a Kings fan the second Lombardi traded for bad-apple Mike Richards.
2. Despite being a life long fan found no joy in the Kings winning the Stanley Cup twice, because Mike Richards.
3. Now roots for the Kings to win every game, because it's just the right thing to do.

Being a newly minted Ducks fan, and then having the Kings do what they did in 2012-2014 had to feel something like this.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Got to be careful with retaining,when does the Greene and Richard's caps come off?Dion Phaneuf cap is going to be on the team as well the next few years.Blake and Futa want to be competitive in a couple of years and those retaining caps will hinder FA signings.It better be a sweeter to retain 50% for Kovi.
The Kings aren't going to be contenders in the next 2 seasons. Blake should be willing to take whatever pain he has to in order to stock up on future assets.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Greene comes off this year ($833k) and Richards is at the end of next year ($1.32 million). Richards also has a lengthy termination penalty which ranges from $250k - $900k, depending on the year.

The question with Kovy, if he is traded is how much Blake would be willing to retain. I am sure that amount will reflect what sort of potential return they receive should a trade happen.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Kovy for Spooner + Manning + Kassian + Draft Pick (not a 1st, could be a 2nd)

The Kings would get out of Kovy's contract one season earlier. The Oilers would get maybe a top 6 winger for McDavid

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Kovy for Spooner + Manning + Kassian

The Kings would get out of Kovy's contract one season earlier. The Oilers would get maybe a top 6 winger for McDavid

I think I would pass on that. I would prefer to eat a percentage of Kovalchuk’s salary in hopes of a return that could be of use to the rebuild (draft pick/prospect).

Reactions: deaderhead28

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I think I would pass on that. I would prefer to eat a percentage of Kovalchuk’s salary in hopes of a return that could be of use to the rebuild (draft pick/prospect).
Yeah, if the Kings retained 2 M, they would get a good return.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Yeah, our goal is not to maximize cap space but to maximize draft picks and prospects (cost-controlled, young talent). We're not looking to keep space open for a big free agent or something - not in the near future anyway.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Win or lose, I just wanted a heart or pulse, be entertaining, show growth. They're doing that, they're just ALSO winning right now.

Earlier in the season? Absolute trash. I wanted them to bottom out hard because there was not an ounce of heart or effort to be found.

Last night, I would have been mad if they didn't win--they skated hard, checked well, created EIGHTY f***ING PERCENT of the high danger opportunities, with the youth leading the way. Rooting for a win all the way there, tank be damned. If we end up in a black hole that sucks, but like I said before we're not outtanking the Ducks or Ottawa, and we're winning games on the backs of guys like Kempe and Toffoli, Walker and LaDue. Yes, it may be the usual Arizona futile late-push in action, but I cannot root against a team that's leaving it all out there. They're doing that.

riznat

Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Since 1982 I've been a Kings fan as a young kid.It wasnt the best LA team to be a fan of and 93 was a heart breaker.Then the Gretz years were over and more mediocrity set in until around 2000.Then fail again in 2002.Back to mediocrity until around 2011 and the rest is history.
Right there with you, i started watching from as young as I can remember (probably around 1986).

Reactions: deaderhead28

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Win or lose, I just wanted a heart or pulse, be entertaining, show growth. They're doing that, they're just ALSO winning right now.

Earlier in the season? Absolute trash. I wanted them to bottom out hard because there was not an ounce of heart or effort to be found.

Last night, I would have been mad if they didn't win--they skated hard, checked well, created EIGHTY ****ING PERCENT of the high danger opportunities, with the youth leading the way. Rooting for a win all the way there, tank be damned. If we end up in a black hole that sucks, but like I said before we're not outtanking the Ducks or Ottawa, and we're winning games on the backs of guys like Kempe and Toffoli, Walker and LaDue. Yes, it may be the usual Arizona futile late-push in action, but I cannot root against a team that's leaving it all out there. They're doing that.
I couldn't agree more. Besides, the draft lottery puts all 15 teams in pretty much the same boat. The percentages vary but it's just pure luck, destiny, damn ping pong balls, a zillion four digit codes or whatever it is.

Reactions: LAKings88

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

“At least I flat out abandoned X instead of wanting what’s best for X’s long term success.” :loony:

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
The teams in all four major sports leagues go through the same cycles of going up, going down or staying flat. It's just the way it is, the nature of playing games, having standings and determining the champion. The Kings have been trending down for 5 years. Lombardi kept adding to the team but the results were not improving and we finally hit rock bottom. Sucks. So we may get a top 3 draft choice, or a top 6, or 15th, or squeeze into the playoffs, god forbid. In the long run Jack Hughes gets the Kings closer to the Stanley Cup.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Who the f*** cares? Honestly?

Of course some of us are cheering on the tank. We want Hughes/Kakko. Any sane fan would.

You act like this is breaking some sacred fan creed. Stop being a nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad