Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
There are lots of .500 teams in the league this year if you want to look at it that way. Should they are be tearing their teams apart and doing a full rebuild? St Louis started the year terribly and are now in the playoffs. What would have happened if they had panicked and traded some key pieces? Colorado started hot and now is terrible...should they rebuild? All I'm saying is that this team may not be as bad as the tank crew wants to believe.
It's a black hole team, which is exactly what we have always said. Only the uninspired play of the veteran "leaders" kept the Kings in DFL for much of the season.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
We were 1-4-2 in the 7 games before the 20 games you selected. Why not include those? The Kings are a .500 team under WD. I think that's the best way to look at it. We are trending upward. But the Rangers, Devils and Flyers aren't world beaters. Not quite time yet to go all Mr. Wolf if you get what I'm saying.

Well played, sir.

giphy.gif

Reactions: HeadInjury

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think that's the answer, even if Blake won't say it.

If that's the case then there's no reason to hold on to most of the roster.

I'm pretty surprised that Lewis is even on this team.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
12-7-1 in their last 20...a 102 point full year pace. So which is the truer measure of this team...the one that started 11-20-3 or the one that is currently 12-7--1? Seems like what Blake should be focusing on is how to leverage the current team into a playoff team for next year. A total tear down seems crazy based on how the team has played over the past 2 months. I know some people will just reflexively answer that the team is "old" and needs to be replaced by teenagers but that isn't really the question I'm asking.
Give us a break with this thick-sliced baloney.

I will give you the actual trend: One playoff game won in FIVE seasons.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It's a black hole team, which is exactly what we have always said. Only the uninspired play of the veteran "leaders" kept the Kings in DFL for much of the season.

What is your definition of black hole and how many teams fall into that category each year?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If that's the case then there's no reason to hold on to most of the roster.

I'm pretty surprised that Lewis is even on this team.
Lewis has been injured quite a bit of this season, so I doubt there is a big market for him at the trade deadline. If the Kings plan on keeping Clifford and Brown for veteran leadership, then I am fine with trading Trevor Lewis.

I understand Brown probably wants to stay in LA, but I would like to see both him and Quick take another run at a cup with different teams.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Give us a break with this thick-sliced baloney.

I will give you the actual trend: One playoff game won in FIVE seasons.

You just described many teams including Carolina, buffalo, and Philadelphia among others. All of them have been rebuilding for the better part of a decade.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What is your definition of black hole and how many teams fall into that category each year?
A team which meets the following criteria:

- Not a Stanley Cup contender
- Trending in the wrong direction
- Best players are over 30, or are approaching 30 years of age
- Still talented enough to win enough regular season games to finish 7-12 in the conference.

Those are the basics.

Reactions: BigKing

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
A team which meets the following criteria:

- Not a Stanley Cup contender
- Trending in the wrong direction
- Best players are over 30, or are approaching 30 years of age
- Still talented enough to win enough regular season games to finish 7-12 in the conference.

Those are the basics.

Ok got it. If you’re not a contender you should rebuild thanks

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Who cares?

It matters because you are advocating a culture of losing for the next 3-5 which will infect every player in the organization. It’s happened to the Kings before and you want to bring it back. That is sick IMO.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Ok got it. If you’re not a contender you should rebuild thanks
Don't run this BS on me. The Kings were not contenders in 2010-11, but they were on the rise. Dean correctly kept adding to the pieces he already had, and there was no reason to rebuild.

You ignored every other criteria I listed.

You are very disingenuous.

Reactions: Piston

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Just another link regarding interest in Kovalchuk at the trade deadline. This one is specific to the Islanders. C'mon Uncle Lou let's do this. Kings are going to have to retain up to 50% of the cap hit to make a deal with any team, but it's still worth doing.

Glad to hear Kovalchuk really is interested in winning.

New York Islanders Linked to Ilya Kovalchuk at Trade Deadline
I feel like if Kovy and Lou are cooking this up, give LA a seventh and take him at his full salary. If you want retention give something back that’s decent.

Reactions: KINGS17

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Don't run this BS on me. The Kings were not contenders in 2010-11, but they were on the rise. Dean correctly kept adding to the pieces he already had, and there was no reason to rebuild.

You ignored every other criteria I listed.

You are very disingenuous.

And you are completely ignoring the reality of the current situation. You are also denigrating any team that sets the playoffs as its goal. You would rather endure years of pain and a losing culture in order to satisfy your hope that they can build a SC winner through top 5 picks. Ask Edmonton about that

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I really like the posters on this board. Yeah sometimes there's some delusion, but you guys are good

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
And you are completely ignoring the reality of the current situation. You are also denigrating any team that sets the playoffs as its goal. You would rather endure years of pain and a losing culture in order to satisfy your hope that they can build a SC winner through top 5 picks. Ask Edmonton about that
I am not endorsing a losing culture.

I am endorsing a culture where young players play hard every night, and are led by veterans who have some personal pride in their own performance, and respect the fans who pay their salary. I can get behind a team like that making the playoffs, because they will be on their way to bigger and better things. As long as the GM has a plan and knows how to manage assets properly an organization will eventually contend.

I don't endorse the "let's just make the playoffs and anything can happen" mentality. That is for losers. I would think you might know this since you claim to have been a Kings fan before Lombardi arrived. Then you "depart" because you hate the one GM who had a plan for building and implemented it. I guess you missed out on the best 3 years in the history of the Los Angeles Kings.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Everyone wants to blame Carter, perhaps rightfully so, but not to be overlooked but this winning "streak" is also FINALLY the breakup of Martinez/Muzzin. Why in the hell we had to trade Muzzin to do it is beyond me, but break them up, the Kings start winning.

giphy.gif

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Trevor Lewis is coming back just in time for the trade deadline, should the Kings move him too?
Need to see what they can get. I don't think the market will be strong for him at this time.

Might have to wait until next year's trade deadline when Lewis will be strictly a rental. I could see the Kings getting a 2nd round pick and a prospect in a deal with the right team.

The Kings say they want to hang onto Clifford. His contract is up next season as well. I like the idea of keeping one of the two, but not at the expense of losing an asset for nothing.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
tomd - I hope your absence after the Muzzin trade was simply due to being upset about the direction that Blake decided upon and not a health issue. Seriously. I implied a Duck poster vanished after the 2014 series and it turns out it was due to a health issue.

Anyways, it seems as if you are back because they won a few games after getting the recharge that was not playing for like two weeks. That's great that they have the record that you quoted but they also have their overall record and the record of the last five years. I'm an underwriter and look to have at least three years of stable-to-positive trends when handing money to a business. Using the last three seasons and the current interim statement, I would not want to extend credit to the Kings and I'd be looking to reduce my credit risk with them if I had already extended credit.

If I decide to look at the 2018 Coyotes by starting at Game 56, I get a team with a 16-9-2 record. 103 point pace. Start the parade.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I am not endorsing a losing culture.

I am endorsing a culture where young players play hard every night, and are led by veterans who have some personal pride in their own performance, and respect the fans who pay their salary. I can get behind a team like that making the playoffs, because they will be on their way to bigger and better things. As long as the GM has a plan and knows how to manage assets properly an organization will eventually contend.

I don't endorse the "let's just make the playoffs and anything can happen" mentality. That is for losers. I would think you might know this since you claim to have been a Kings fan before Lombardi arrived. Then you "depart" because you hate the one GM who had a plan for building and implemented it. I guess you missed out on the best 3 years in the history of the Los Angeles Kings.

No, now you’re being disingenuous. You have consistently advocated getting rid of any and all players over 25 years old in exchange for draft picks and prospects. In your world their are no veterans on the team. Dump Quick, Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Lewis for the best picks you can get. Dump these guys not to improve the team. Oh no. Your only goal is to get younger and younger. That’s fine but most fans don’t want that. Face it, you are miserable every time the team wins now and you will be for the next 5 years if you had your way

And for the record, I ceased to be a fan when Richards was acquired. He was a bad apple and I was embarrassed to have him be a part of the organization. I was proven correct. I also have no regrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad