Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He will not be Patrick Kane 2.0..heaven forbid ...cause he will check instead of just waiving at guys thinking that is a check..he will pk. ..Kane does not..he is a centre..Kane is not..he will not score highlight reel goals like Kane but he will not fire clear grade A chances over the net either..he will make passes at full speed toset up plausible...not just slow it down pulling up on the half-boards playing with the puck till he finds an open man like Kane does it..instead his cases come lightning quick...does not keep it on his stick as long as Kane does..he has better hockey sense and vision than Kane but is not as great a stickhandler..he is a completely different type of player..both effective offensive but I think TT will be better 2 ways. .will need to shoot more in the NHL game.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
He will not be Patrick Kane 2.0..heaven forbid ...cause he will check instead of just waiving at guys thinking that is a check..he will pk. ..Kane does not..he is a centre..Kane is not..he will not score highlight reel goals like Kane but he will not fire clear grade A chances over the net either..he will make passes at full speed toset up plausible...not just slow it down pulling up on the half-boards playing with the puck till he finds an open man like Kane does it..instead his cases come lightning quick...does not keep it on his stick as long as Kane does..he has better hockey sense and vision than Kane but is not as great a stickhandler..he is a completely different type of player..both effective offensive but I think TT will be better 2 ways. .will need to shoot more in the NHL game.

Good point. It sure would suck to have another Patrick Kane.

BigClemMacdonald

Dec 11, 2011
Hope Hossa teaches him to mimic his game. Sniper who has a quick release and can back check with the best of them. That would be good

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

I sometimes wonder if he posts stuff like this with tongue in cheek. For his sake I really hope so.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Tough for a small player to play Hossa's game.

Hossa makes a commitment to play 3 zone hockey, that's not tough for a small player to do. Be extremely strong on the puck, etc, that's a different story. Size won't prevent Teuvo from becoming a complete player, but it won't likely happen overnight.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Hossa makes a commitment to play 3 zone hockey, that's not tough for a small player to do. Be extremely strong on the puck, etc, that's a different story. Size won't prevent Teuvo from becoming a complete player, but it won't likely happen overnight.

Sybil is that you?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I sometimes wonder if he posts stuff like this with tongue in cheek. For his sake I really hope so.

Some folks are so mesmorized by Kane's dazzling plays that they seem to think he is without flaw. Yes, HF50 goes over the top sometimes, but his ridicule of Kane has some merit. I too hopes he's right in that TT can play the game at high speed and play better team hockey than what we often see from Kane. Maybe Kane will learn from TT, that keeping it simple may not make the highlight reel, but it is often more effective in the long run.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Some folks are so mesmorized by Kane's dazzling plays that they seem to think he is without flaw. Yes, HF50 goes over the top sometimes, but his ridicule of Kane has some merit. I too hopes he's right in that TT can play the game at high speed and play better team hockey than what we often see from Kane. Maybe Kane will learn from TT, that keeping it simple may not make the highlight reel, but it is often more effective in the long run.

I think Kane has one of the highest hockey IQ's on the team. Quite a few coaches have spoken about his ability to be steps ahead of the game. Teuvo will learn from Kane, not the other way.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

Give me a break.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago

Maybe Toews will learn from TT how to be more creative? Maybe Sharp will learn from TT how to see the ice better? Maybe Hossa will learn how to play center?

Hope this all doesn't go to TT's head. I mean, he hasn't even stepped foot on NHL ice yet.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
Maybe Toews will learn from TT how to be more creative? Maybe Sharp will learn from TT how to see the ice better? Maybe Hossa will learn how to play center?

Hope this all doesn't go to TT's head. I mean, he hasn't even stepped foot on NHL ice yet.

thats it thats the post close the thread :handclap:

there is a good chance the guys gonna be good for the team, but its a big ? as to when and how. who knows, he could get to Chicago and try to be the next Jeremy Morin, trying to be like Daniel Carcillo every five seconds when thats really not the role needed to be played (maybe Q is telling him to do this but its still strange cause this is not where he excels)

I don't expect to see anything spectacular from Teuvo. We drafted him with intentions of developing him for a few years so if he goes back to Jokeritt or to the Hogs come fall to bulk up and get some playing experience in I won't call this a mis draft by any means. When he plays a game this season if he manages to help us out at all it wil be beyond my expectations.

Bhay99

May 3, 2010
Chicago

Hopefully we can just unload Kane in the offseason and let TT take over. I mean, if we didn't have Patrick making all those selfish, flashy plays we probably would have won 4 cups instead of 2.

:help:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
rofl Kane has the highest hockey IQ on the team

Well except for Teuvo of course, but that guy's like God or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad