Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLarmer28*

teuvo-featured.jpg

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
Why do the fins have a self loathing for their prospects??
Where did you see loathing? :D Granlund was hyped and then he had very troubled season, so I guess most people want to take it easier this time.

Then some people just has inherited hatred towards any player coming from Jokerit, whether they admit it or not.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Hard to believe my ears when Hawks crowd went very noisy for Teuvo, first time ever him on the ice in the NHL. Who gets that kind of treatment as a first timer? That is unforgettable :D

Great first shift in Teuvo's part. Very confident.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
As a 19 year old no less.

For most defensive instincts are a skill. He has that skill. Also just so patient with the puck on his stick. That passing play with Keith in their own corner in the first was great poise. Just a little thing that stuck out that made him look like he belonged out there.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Konroyd said something interesting in postgame about TiVo using an abnormally long stick. I never noticed it before but he was poking and stuff like he was Hjalmarsson out there.

Very impressive that he is such a good stick handler with that thing as well. Should help him out defensively a lot.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Was at the game, it was fun to watch him out there. He looked really good in his first game. Got into some battles along the boards too. Didn't seem small out there even though he is. If he just keeps playing his game, he is going to be awesome for this team.

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
Not making any predictions here, but if he plays like he did tonight, he won't go anywhere. Saad stepped right in and played roughly 40 games on the top line . If he does what Q wants him to do, he'll play. Remember, Dan Carcillo started on the first line for us last year and was injured in the first game, making room for Saad. Things could've played out a lot differently. Make no mistake, I'm well aware of what the odds are on TT having a Saad-like breakout. I would t be surprised of he doesn't play against Boston.. Just very disappointed.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Why do the fins have a self loathing for their prospects??

A bit off topic, but Finns in general tend to be pessimistic and negative. The Finnish language is filled with sayings which basically state that there's no point in trying, because you might fail.

Back to TT, I thought he looked very impressing. You could see he took a defense first approach, but he did have some nice offensive moves as well.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
A bit off topic, but Finns in general tend to be pessimistic and negative. The Finnish language is filled with sayings which basically state that there's no point in trying, because you might fail.

Back to TT, I thought he looked very impressing. You could see he took a defense first approach, but he did have some nice offensive moves as well.

Oh come one. Most of us are positive and happy people. Only the ones with low self confidence are too pessimistic.

Good first game from Teuvo. Just imagine what he can do after next summer training. He isn't even close to being physically complete.

WhiteViking

Jan 24, 2014
I think it's 2 am. We turn the clocks next sunday so the games starts 1 hour earlier before that. Just to let you know so you don't miss the first period :D.

*had to check it out from the net and it really was 02 am, last time i checked the timedifference was 8 hours but something went wrong in my head :amazed:

but Teuvo played well, still hoping some starts to Raanta in the regular season, maybe against Ottawa because Crow doesn`t like to play 2 games in 2 days

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Not making any predictions here, but if he plays like he did tonight, he won't go anywhere. Saad stepped right in and played roughly 40 games on the top line . If he does what Q wants him to do, he'll play. Remember, Dan Carcillo started on the first line for us last year and was injured in the first game, making room for Saad. Things could've played out a lot differently. Make no mistake, I'm well aware of what the odds are on TT having a Saad-like breakout. I would t be surprised of he doesn't play against Boston.. Just very disappointed.

Your expectations are unrealistic. I thought it was a good first game. We know the kid has offensive potential, but we weren't sure how he was defensively. He played cautious and on the defensive side of the puck the whole game and looked pretty good defensively. As he gets more comfortable you will see him get more involved offensively. Hawks are easing him in, and it will take time to see what TT can do. I was really impressed with what I saw.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009

I guess that's what Sisu means :sarcasm:. I'd really like to hear some examples of those sayings.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

I don't even know what to think of this post or how you came to such a broad conclusion after one game.

ReillyO

Feb 18, 2014
That's not even close, but we have to understand that it's impossible for Americans to pronounce Finnish names. If his name was pronounced "TAY-voh", it would be written "Teivou" in Finnish.

How should it be pronounced? The difference I notice is the "V" isn't as hard as an American one, it's kind of between a V and a W.

Last edited:

AndyA

Mar 26, 2014
Finland
How should it be pronounced? The difference I notice is the "V" isn't as hard as an American one, it's kind of between a V and a W.

"approx English pronunciation for Teuvo: T as in "tee (T.IY)" ; UW as in "two (T.UW)" ; V as in "vow (V.AW)" ; OW as in "oak (OW.K)" "

source: http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Teuvo

Also from the same source: Teuvo apparently means a gift from god (Old Greek). :nod:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad