Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I can't help find it amusing that someone would bash Kane for not always playing team hockey while at the same time defending Stalberg who I don't believe has ever noticed there's other people on the ice with him.

:D

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I'm not sure how this hype was able to become that big in Chicago.. Looks like he's bigger star there already, than in Finland.

SLarmer28*

Hopefully we can just unload Kane in the offseason and let TT take over. I mean, if we didn't have Patrick making all those selfish, flashy plays we probably would have won 4 cups instead of 2.

:help:
Straight from the Fiddy playbook. ;)

SLarmer28*

I'm not sure how this hype was able to become that big in Chicago.. Looks like he's bigger star there already, than in Finland.
Don't worry. Coach Q will play Handzus in the NHL Playoffs while Teravainen watches from the press box.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
why shouldn't he get that hype after the WJC

You got to admit this from the Trib is very over-the-top.

BjidfVCCQAA9d0q.jpg

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
This kid still has a long way to go. The head is there but the body is not ready for high quality 2nd line game. Don't get hasty, give him time.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I hope masses won't think he's truly 100% ready as 19 year old finnish kid (Finns tend to mature later and look young even at their 30's) and if the first game doesn't go well, start to think him as a bust.

Hope Teuvo can some how handle that.. I don't know how that kind of hype could be handled by any one though.

WhiteViking

Jan 24, 2014
Let`s see if he could play against Dallas, ain`t hoping too much and am wondering if two same kinda players like Kaner and Teuvo manage to hit their chemistry when Kaner comes back...both of them likes to have the puck, sometimes even too long :shakehead

WhiteViking

Jan 24, 2014
and it takes a bowl of coffee and some pills to watch the game here in Finland. Puck drops at 03:00...it was so much easier to take a cab from Marriott and watch Hawks play in UC

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
you take that from the trib seriously? That's like some of the Chuck Norris jokes...

Yeah, that was my obvious take on it was well. They're clearly being tongue-in-cheek and poking fun at the high expectations that so many already have on the kid.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
The Blackhawks provided a handy guide in their announcement that the 19-year-old Finnish native was joining the team Friday: TAY-voh tair-uh-VIGH-nehn.

That's not even close, but we have to understand that it's impossible for Americans to pronounce Finnish names. If his name was pronounced "TAY-voh", it would be written "Teivou" in Finnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad