Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point

Mar 14, 2014
Finland
With TT's hockey IQ and playmaking and Kaner's speed and skills in the same line would be something awesome to watch. Together they would simply dominate. Hope they try it.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
With TT's hockey IQ and playmaking and Kaner's speed and skills in the same line would be something awesome to watch. Together they would simply dominate. Hope they try it.

Unless you're a fan of high end and physical defense. They'd be pushed around by a big and gritty line.

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...nen-bickell-penguins-20140330,0,3587113.story

"It’s a new world here, a new game and a new style," Teravainen added. "I need to focus on the little things like I need to shoot more now. Everything comes more fast and I need to do things quicker on the ice and be ready all the time."

Said coach Joel Quenneville: "Just be confident out there. He has some good opportunities there where he’s looking to maybe take it out of the scoring area to make a play. (Maybe) he’s being nice to his linemates. But I think his strengths are having the puck and recognizing plays. Over here there are more opportunities to shoot and generate off of that."

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Great thing this far is that teravainen has not been on the ice for a goal against. Thats a great start of an NHL career

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
I think he was somehow calmer in the 1st game (or then just kep the puck less...). Feels like in small space he is rushing too much as soon as he gets the puck and as a result makes less sloppy passes.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
How did he do against the penguins? By looking at the stats he at least started to shoot........

Wiesellike

Feb 15, 2007
Oulu
How did he do against the penguins? By looking at the stats he at least started to shoot........

I might be biased but IMO Teuvo was one of the best players last night. He had couple of nice opportunities to score his first goal and he was more selfish than before. But there were still some caution and over conscientious sometimes.

I think he played very well with Hossa after Toews left the game so maybe Q should think about giving him more offensive role, for example on the wing. His offensive skills go to waste in the 3rd line and the Hawks really need some offence right now when the defence has been shaking.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
I think he played very well with Hossa after Toews left the game so maybe Q should think about giving him more offensive role, for example on the wing. His offensive skills go to waste in the 3rd line and the Hawks really need some offence right now when the defence has been shaking.

I guess you have not followed Q much. You have to be proficient in all 3 zones in order to get a more offensive role. :D

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Mixed feelings on TT so far- would have hoped to see a little more offense by now, though I'm reserving judgment because Hawks have been a mess basically since he's been in town.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I thought he was solid again. Had a couple of scoring chances and a couple of chances to pick up assists, but guys on his line weren't burying the puck. (looking at you Versteeg) Kid's vision/hockey sense is already top 5 on this team. Hawk fans and management/coaches just need to be patient with him. Remember, Saad didn't register a single point in his first 10 NHL games or so. He will definitely see the points come very soon IMO.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I fo not think anyone thought TT would be thrust onto the 1C so soon. If Toews shut down a few games now..then that is the new Master Plan...Egads..they may be forced to play Carey too. ...cause Hands is finished...gives us nothing offensively. ..The might lose all six games remaining.g.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
From what I have seen so far I would love to see him play with Sharp and Kane. While he has seemed tentative at time you can see the skill there. He has made a few passes that if the person was ready for would have been goals. Last night he showed that he could shoot the puck fairly well. He had a rough day at the dot but you can see the skill.

These lines are pretty exciting if we can get HEALTHY. (I know I plugged Morin on the 3rd line but he has been impressive so far to me with his combo of grit and skill).

81-19-20
10-86-88
29-65-11/23
28-16-52/26/12

Last edited:

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Talking about not giving TT pressure, kane and toews out. Teravainen will play his best game so far today, he plays hes best when he is in the spotlite

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Turbo is one of the nicknames that is sticking, according to Patrick Sharp this morning on Eric and Kathy.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Am I the only one here who couldn't care less what if anything his nickname will be???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad