Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
He's been called TT for a long time on this board so I'll stick to something that is known. TV reminds me of television.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
TT = Full power (Täys teho). Or Full destruction (Täys tuho). It's a good nick.

Nikoy

Nov 17, 2011
How about Teuvo "The Kraken" Teräväinen. Might as well while we're waiting for him to be released on NHL. :laugh:

Sigismund

Feb 17, 2012
Well considering the fact that the name Teräväinen is derived from 'terävä', which means 'sharp' in Finnish - he could be called the Sharpener. And what that would mean, well, I've no idea but still... His last name is anyways pretty weird even in Finnish, never heard it before Teuvo appeared in the FEL.

As I've read some pages from the Blackhawks threads, I can't but say there's a bit too much of some eloquently disguised hype going around. I think that even the Finnish writers here learned a thing or two of that Mikael "Finnish Baby Jesus" Granlund -case. It isn't that easy to translate your game to NHL straight from big ice and the FEL. And Granlund was a bigger star in Finland than TT was. But don't get me wrong, although I never supported the team he played for in Finland, I really loved to watch especially his game. It was just so smooth, came out so natural that you couldn't but wonder what he'd do next.

I'd say give him a couple of possibilities to play in the NHL this year, be patient - he might not be ready yet. Most likely he won't be ready. And especially since it feels he's one of those guys who needs that sacred self-confidence to perform as well as he can, I wouldn't be too surprised if he first makes couple of nice moves and passes in the first few games, then 'disappears' for awhile. I'm not saying he's a "moody" player, no, but it's just more that he's still young kid in a rink and with style of playing that he's not used to yet.

OT: and I really like that TT is playing for the Blackhawks. I mean, I'm not exactly a "fan" of any NHL team, because I'm not too much into waking up late at night watching NHL, which in turn makes supporting some team quite hard. But as it happens, I've seen some games in the United Center when I lived quite near to Chicago, I think that the Blackhawks is the "closest" team to me in some way or another. So, go Blackhawks! Yay.

Last edited:

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
TT reminds me too much of a certain bust who used to play for the Bulls and how LaMarcus Aldridge turned into him and some guy named Viktor Khryapa.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
I thought the Quennville interview about TT at the UC was really interesting. He seems to really like him.

What does Teuvo have to learn?
-How the center plays away from the puck
-How the center plays and positions himself in our own end
-Play with your instincts and your instincts are how we want to play technically (This did Pirri in.)

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Coach Q said his nickname will probably be Tivo.
Qs got it right.

Probably originated by THW.

tivo_logo.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The debut will not be tomorrow v. Nashville...neither for Carey...look. .no practice today and mot even a morning skate session on Sunday...so the newbies need more time to practice. .to learn 's systems and to find some chemistry on linestimable...probably at least 2 maybe 3 practice sessions..So maybe not till the 3rd game after tomorrow..I would therefore guess the 8th game remaining in the season..
That would be FRI the 28th in Ottawa..but I doubt they use both TT and Carey in the same game..Probably TT gets it.. Perhaps Carey the night before on the Thursday game vs. BOss. .but still with so few practices it is less certain. .they may alternate him the game after the Ottawa game. The reason fora debut of TT in Ottawa as opposed to against BOSS is obvious...BOSS more physical and a better team than Ottawa..thus they said they would ease TT in..and the spiraling SENS are probably best bet for doing that..

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The debut will not be tomorrow v. Nashville...neither for Carey...look. .no practice today and mot even a morning skate session on Sunday...so the newbies need more time to practice. .to learn 's systems and to find some chemistry on linestimable...probably at least 2 maybe 3 practice sessions..So maybe not till the 3rd game after tomorrow..I would therefore guess the 8th game remaining in the season..
That would be FRI the 28th in Ottawa..but I doubt they use both TT and Carey in the same game..Probably TT gets it.. Perhaps Carey the night before on the Thursday game vs. BOss. .but still with so few practices it is less certain. .they may alternate him the game after the Ottawa game. The reason fora debut of TT in Ottawa as opposed to against BOSS is obvious...BOSS more physical and a better team than Ottawa..thus they said they would ease TT in..and the spiraling SENS are probably best bet for doing that..

Teuvo himself did have a practice today...along with said and a couple of other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad