Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
Teuvo Teravainen travels today from FIN to Windy City. That's CHI, not Lethbridge, in case there was confusion. Lethbridge is windy, too.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
Teuvo Teravainen travels today from FIN to Windy City. That's CHI, not Lethbridge, in case there was confusion. Lethbridge is windy, too.

barney-confetti.gif

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Glad Blackhawks got this deal finalized yesterday because Obamas announced sanctions this morning included the Russian owners of Jokerit.

Wonder if NHL teams will be blocked from doing business with Jokerit now? Definitely makes things a lot more complicated at the very least.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well the still cannot exceed 9 games for him or he blows off 1st yr of ELC against the 7 yrs to ufa status..The playoffs do not count, correct me if I am wrong...
What helps is that Kane is out at least 3 weeks so probably Hawks do not use him again till playoffs start..this means team will ho on a tear and win all 12 remaining games for a 13 game win streak..TT will benefit from a team en fuego now as the Hawks emerge from their prior 2014 lethargy to top contender A game form..given them playing well the kid will participate in a good atmosphere as both team and his confidence both soar...all because the cared one is out and his 2014 meh performances. ..compared to his 2013 on a mission form...are sideline..so we will not miss 2014 Kane and instead new life indicates the team down thesevlast dozen games as they remind the league what they are capable of when WANT is with them..TT can only benefit from this change to a positive vibe gearing up now for playoffs.

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
Glad Blackhawks got this deal finalized yesterday because Obamas announced sanctions this morning included the Russian owners of Jokerit.

Wonder if NHL teams will be blocked from doing business with Jokerit now? Definitely makes things a lot more complicated at the very least.
A bit far fetched... if I've understood correctly the sancions only affect assets and business in the US. And even if it did affect Jokerit directly, I don't think that would matter either. The club itself could be in financial trouble of course.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Well the still cannot exceed 9 games for him or he blows off 1st yr of ELC against the 7 yrs to ufa status..The playoffs do not count, correct me if I am wrong...

The slide rule does not affect his UFA status. You need 7 accrued season to get UFA.

"Accrued Season" means any League Year during which a Player was on a
Club's Active Roster for 40 (30 if the Player is a goalie) or more Regular Season Games,
provided that, for the purposes of calculating an Accrued Season under this Agreement, games
missed due to a hockey-related injury incurred while on a Club's Active Roster shall count as
games played for purposes of calculating an Accrued Season but only during the League Year in
which the injury was incurred and a maximum of one additional season.

He burns a year of his ELC if he plays 10 games this year including playoffs but does not obtain a year towards his UFA

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
What helps is that Kane is out at least 3 weeks so probably Hawks do not use him again till playoffs start..this means team will ho on a tear and win all 12 remaining games for a 13 game win streak..TT will benefit from a team en fuego now as the Hawks emerge from their prior 2014 lethargy to top contender A game form..given them playing well the kid will participate in a good atmosphere as both team and his confidence both soar...all because the cared one is out and his 2014 meh performances. ..compared to his 2013 on a mission form...are sideline..so we will not miss 2014 Kane and instead new life indicates the team down thesevlast dozen games as they remind the league what they are capable of when WANT is with them..TT can only benefit from this change to a positive vibe gearing up now for playoffs.

Take the Kane hate glasses off. Kane leads the team in goals (a stat you used to complain about with Kane), he leads the team in points (is the only point per game player on the roster) and he leads the team in game winning goals. But to no one's surprise you say he is having a season "meh performances" and say the team will not miss him.

This obession and hatred you have for Kane is not good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don't think the Hawks will hesitate to burn a year on Teravainen if he shows the ability to help.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah, I don't think the Hawks care about the extra ELC year if Teravainen can help them succeed in the post-season. Just like I don't think they cared about the ELC year with Saad, but obviously the Hawks were knocked out and Saad had the disadvantage of jumping right into a playoff series.

If the Hawks burn a year off his ELC this year, then they could sign him next (2015) summer to an extension.

If we say Teravainen posts 45 points next year (16G, 29A), he'll likely be looking at a 2-year bridge deal at around 2.5-3.0M per if his ELC is burned this year. If the ELC isn't burned and the following season he posts 55-60 points (18G, 40A), you're likely looking at a longer, more costly extension.

So, would you rather try and negotiate a new contract with Teravainen a year from now, or in 2 years when he could very well be one of Chicago's top forwards?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, I don't think the Hawks care about the extra ELC year if Teravainen can help them succeed in the post-season. Just like I don't think they cared about the ELC year with Saad, but obviously the Hawks were knocked out and Saad had the disadvantage of jumping right into a playoff series.

If the Hawks burn a year off his ELC this year, then they could sign him next (2015) summer to an extension.

If we say Teravainen posts 45 points next year (16G, 29A), he'll likely be looking at a 2-year bridge deal at around 2.5-3.0M per if his ELC is burned this year. If the ELC isn't burned and the following season he posts 55-60 points (18G, 40A), you're likely looking at a longer, more costly extension.

So, would you rather try and negotiate a new contract with Teravainen a year from now, or in 2 years when he could very well be one of Chicago's top forwards?

Good post and I agree.

I truly think Teravainen is the favorite for the Calder next year. His situation literally couldn't be better. I don't think his bridge will be cheap.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

I totally agree with you.

...and I like the way the Hawks are smart at managing contracts/the cap...while also avoiding the drama that other teams get into with players (see: Subban, PK). Stan is very good at managing the cap while also handing out contracts that are usually good for the team and palatable to the player.

I don't really care if we burn a year of Teuvo's contract - if he can contribute and add to the team, then he should play.

As far his his future numbers...I'm keeping an open mind. I'd like to see him hit the 55-60 number you have projected for year 2 for him, next year...particularly if he's playing with Kane. But that's more of an optimistic hope than a requirement.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I could see TT scoring 50-55 points next year things go really well for him. More than likely though, there will be some growing pains.

TT doesn't strike me as a guy that gets too streaky as far as getting points goes though. The kid just makes plays. I don't know that it will result in a 60-point rookie season, but 45 points seems pretty reasonable to me and above that seems tangible, but unlikely.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
I could see TT scoring 50-55 points next year things go really well for him. More than likely though, there will be some growing pains.

TT doesn't strike me as a guy that gets too streaky as far as getting points goes though. The kid just makes plays. I don't know that it will result in a 60-point rookie season, but 45 points seems pretty reasonable to me and above that seems tangible, but unlikely.

The physical toll of an 82 game season on anyone's body at that age is most likely going to cause an up and down rookie season. I remember when Kane and Toews came up and they were napping a couple of hours a day. Plus he has to learn a new language, culture, and make friends… Lot's of adjustments.

I realize that he is currently playing against grown men. But there's a reason the men he's playing against aren't in the NHL. His body is going to need to adjust to the speed and physicality of the NHL. I really hope he stays in Chicago this summer to get acclimated and hit the gym.

I agree with you about the 45 points. That'd be a solid season. I'd love to see more but don't want to put too much pressure on the kid. Sticking at center for the entire year is the bar for success in my book; not points.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The physical toll of an 82 game season on anyone's body at that age is most likely going to cause an up and down rookie season. I remember when Kane and Toews came up and they were napping a couple of hours a day. Plus he has to learn a new language, culture, and make friends… Lot's of adjustments.

I realize that he is currently playing against grown men. But there's a reason the men he's playing against aren't in the NHL. His body is going to need to adjust to the speed and physicality of the NHL. I really hope he stays in Chicago this summer to get acclimated and hit the gym.

I agree with you about the 45 points. That'd be a solid season. I'd love to see more but don't want to put too much pressure on the kid. Sticking at center for the entire year is the bar for success in my book; not points.

I agree with a caveat. I don't know that anyone is expecting him to come in and pick up 60-70 pts.

It has a lot more to do with what his potential 45-50 pts would mean to the Hawks. If we add him and everyone on offense comes back like they should, on top of losing none of our top 4 D or goalie... I mean... I don't see how that team isn't a prohibitive Stanley cup favorite.

Like adding Riveiro to this years team. The only things that could beat them would be injuries and complacency.

I think that's why I'm personally excited about him.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site

Agreed completely. I think there are pros and cons to burning up a year of the ELC, which you laid out perfectly.

TYayo

Sep 10, 2009
Just did a speculative pick up of him in my fantasy hockey league..any chance he plays tonight? And possibly on a line with Hossa and Sharp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad