Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Foligno projects to just a couple more points this season than Kempe. He will finish with 54 points to Kempe's 46 points. But Foligno's having a career year and this will be the best that it gets for him, meanwhile Kempe will continue to put up 50 point seasons as he hits his prime and it only took 5 seasons to do it against Foligno's 10 seasons. So yes, Kempe is clearly a better player.

Or Kempe is just having a career year.

Reactions: capazzo

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Foligno projects to just a couple more points this season than Kempe. He will finish with 54 points to Kempe's 46 points. But Foligno's having a career year and this will be the best that it gets for him, meanwhile Kempe will continue to put up 50 point seasons as he hits his prime and it only took 5 seasons to do it against Foligno's 10 seasons. So yes, Kempe is clearly a better player.
This is not what you are saying in the rest of your post. I believe the statement you are trying to make is that Kempe has more value than Foligno, which I would agree to. However, he is *clearly* not the better player currently.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
My point is that Kempe is just a better player. They're having similar seasons and you say that Foligno is a key cog, but I would argue that Kempe is just as important to his team as Foligno.
What metrics are you using to lead to this conclusion? More offensively talented, sure. Better player? I don’t agree. I think Foligno is more important to a team’s success than Kempe. They’re producing at the same pace. Foligno is a leader of the team, A physical presence, An enforcer for the team, and 1/3 of arguably the best shutdown line in the NHL.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Alone that there are 30 goal scorers in Covid times shows that your argument is flawed.
Beside that, it's not me claiming all those outlandish things, just to reference any absurd if's and when's.

I am well aware that he is an undersized 20 goal scorer who heavily depends on line mates and is easily taken out in playoff.
This guys has 9 goals in 5 playoff runs combined.

I am just entertained by the Minny guys trying to make him something he isn't and then ask for a price based on what they pretend.
My all time favorite asks are Holtz + 1st and Byfield + 1st

If it would only cost Fiala's to obtain those guys + 1st rounders, we would have trades left and right.

:huh: .... tell me you havent watched a wild game in 4 years without telling me you havent watched a wild game in 4 years.....

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You got a link or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

Feel free to go through the threads in our home forum.
It was shortly after Byfield was drafted and we discussed what winger options are realistically available for our future centers.

You may recall the time you tried to force Kaprizov down our throat and Kaprizov was declare to be on the same level as McDavid ?

It happened right before this particular thread was merged

Last edited:

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It was shortly after Byfield was drafted and we discussed what winger options are realistically available for our future centers.
if it was by a certain "entitlest", then we do not accept that as a valid fan opinion for the wild fanbase.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

You may recall the time you tried to force Kaprizov down our throat and Kaprizov was declare to be on the same level as McDavid ?

I've pretty much exhausted the search function and 90% of the mentions of Fiala on the Kings forum from 6/1/2020 to 7/31/2021 are about the hit he got suspended for. None of the mentions in trade/roster threads tie him to Byfield and I've seen zero posts made by Wild fans.

At some point you have to provide a link or give it up.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I've pretty much exhausted the search function and 90% of the mentions of Fiala on the Kings forum from 6/1/2020 to 7/31/2021 are about the hit he got suspended for. None of the mentions in trade/roster threads tie him to Byfield and I've seen zero posts made by Wild fans.

ive mentioned byfield before when they asked about wingers available, but it wasnt a 1 for 1 trade (we added), and it wasnt in "their forum"

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
ive mentioned byfield before when they asked about wingers available, but it wasnt a 1 for 1 trade (we added), and it wasnt in "their forum"
A lot of wild stuff gets proposed on here which is just the nature of the beast. But if one's going to justify their own shoddy argument by pointing fingers at an entire fanbase they can at least provide some evidence that it wasn't all their imagination.

Reactions: NitroF and GuerinUp

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
:huh: .... tell me you havent watched a wild game in 4 years without telling me you havent watched a wild game in 4 years.....

Can we just retire this tell me without telling me crap already? It was overused and tired the first time I read it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I tried to force Kaprizov down your throat?? I may have said what price I would want, but there was zero shot I was forcing him on you.

Kaprizov is top 5 in points right now. So glad he signed back and removed any shot of him being traded.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Can we please just have Alex Holtz + a Pick for Fiala?

Lol, this is on Byfield + level

Holtz is a projected elite goal scoring winger.
The Devils peeps made it clear that they desperately looking for sniper type winger
and you offer the all rounder, asking for their only sniper type and demand a +

I can already see in couple of month, the Minny guys denying that this offer has ever been made and ask for evidence

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

I really don't have to provide anything or have any reason to make it up.

It's not looking good for you anyways, saying that you didn't find anything at all, when Minny guys already tell you that they posted Byfield proposals.
Beside that, we have asimilar gem popping up asking for Holtz + for Fiala.

You guys are absolutely delusional if you even entertain the idea, someone is giving up their elite prospect + for a guys who never scored more than 23 goals

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

It's not looking good for you anyways, saying that you didn't find anything at all, when Minny guys already tell you that they posted Byfield proposals.

You guys are absolutely delusional if you even entertain the idea, someone is giving up their elite prospect + for a guys who never scored more than 23 goals

making a byfield proposal in which we added to fiala, which if i remember correctly included greenway and or picks or a prospect, in a completely different forum then what youre claiming it happened in does not prove you any less delusional. Especially when the forum was titled "wingers for byfield" or something of that nature

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I have no particular opinion on Holtz or where he's at as a prospect, so I can't comment on that one. I would agree that wanting a bluechip prospect+ is probably expecting too much for Fiala when he's a year away from UFA. A mid-late 1st and a good-to-decent prospect is closer to what he'd end up getting.

As for the Byfield stuff, he said he posted a proposal on the trade forum, which is where I'd expect such proposals to be. Your claim was that your answers were directed at mythical Wild fans that "came into [your] chat on a daily basis asking for Byfield+1st++ for Fiala," which pretty clearly never happened. Someone knocks down one strawman so you try to prop it up with another. It's an obvious game and I am no doubt dumber for playing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad