Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
How about Donskoi (50% retained) 1.95M UFA 2023 + Calgary 2022 4th for Minnesota 2022 1st?

Then at the draft Fiala for Minnesota 1st + Seattle 2022 3rd?

Get Donskoi at half off for the next 2 playoff runs and helps with the cap next season. Keep Fiala for this playoff run and then move him in the offseason when you most likely can't resign him. For Seattle they get a young offensively gifted player that they lack. Lose some on the defensive side with Donskoi going the other way but he doesn't seem to be a long term player while Fiala would be and they can afford to pay him on his next deal.
This trade is like an awful algebra equation. If the Wild are trading a 1st or Fiala it's going to be for a better player than Donskoi.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
This thread turns into comedy gold :laugh:

First we tryd the car salesman argument for Fiala being a 30 goal scorer according to his projected stats,
when in fact he never scored more than 23 goals in 8 seasons
When this sales talk didn't work, we include how many posts he hits.

Can't wait to see what's coming next to inflate his value to ask for 3 1strounders in return

Reactions: bleedblue94

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
From LA: Kempe + offensive prospect + '22 2nd
for
Fiala

I like how Fiala plays. He plays with an edge and is always near the opposing team's crease. He would bring a dimension to LA that doesn't really exist a lot there, outside of Brown and a couple other players. MIN gets a great comparable young (25) player who is coming into his own right now and projects to 45 points this season. He is not as aggressive as Fiala, but he's fast and can handle the puck. Minny also gets another offen. prospect not named Byfield, Turcotte or Kaliyev. LA also throws in a 2nd in this year's draft. I think the return is comparable and will help Minny out. LA gets a great player in Fiala.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
How about Donskoi (50% retained) 1.95M UFA 2023 + Calgary 2022 4th for Minnesota 2022 1st?

Then at the draft Fiala for Minnesota 1st + Seattle 2022 3rd?

Get Donskoi at half off for the next 2 playoff runs and helps with the cap next season. Keep Fiala for this playoff run and then move him in the offseason when you most likely can't resign him. For Seattle they get a young offensively gifted player that they lack. Lose some on the defensive side with Donskoi going the other way but he doesn't seem to be a long term player while Fiala would be and they can afford to pay him on his next deal.

What is this supposed to be. Bet you aren't serious with this??

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This trade is like an awful algebra equation. If the Wild are trading a 1st or Fiala it's going to be for a better player than Donskoi.

This trade is very similar to the Goodrow trade. Donskoi is a step above Goodrow as a player, higher AAV even after retention though. He would be a great add to improve your middle 6, can play the PK and PP. Not sure what you are looking for with Fiala but he is arbitration eligible so could take a team there and get a 1 year deal and then become a UFA so there's risk in trading for him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What is this supposed to be. Bet you aren't serious with this??

This is getting you a really good middle 6 winger for the rest of the year and next at a reasonable cap hit. Allowing you to keep Fiala for the playoff run this season and getting some picks as well. Fiala might be too expensive for you to keep and also could go to arbitration. The next 3 seasons will be tough with the dead cap and getting Donskoi at a cheap price is a good deal.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
This thread turns into comedy gold :laugh:

First we tryd the car salesman argument for Fiala being a 30 goal scorer according to his projected stats,
when in fact he never scored more than 23 goals in 8 seasons
When this sales talk didn't work, we include how many posts he hits.

Can't wait to see what's coming next to inflate his value to ask for 3 1strounders in return
Number of 30 goal scorers in the past 4 seasons
2020-21: 5
2019-20 : 17
2018-19: 45
2017-18: 31

Why continue to come into these threads and pretend like "30 goal scorer" means the same thing from 2019 on as it did before Covid?

Fiala's 25 and, thus far, has had every season in Minnesota shortened by things that have nothing to do with Kevin Fiala. Since 2019-20 he's 47th in goals, 74th in assists, and 52nd in points, all while not being given a lot to work with in terms of linemates. He's a good top-6 winger that'll score goals and can generally carry a scoring line, but will probably do better if he's got better options than Freddy Gaudreau and Victor Rask. I don't think anyone's suggested he's worth 3 1sts, and continuing to trot out the same bad logic is obnoxious.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
11th overall draft pick
is playing in his 8th season (first 2, 6 games combined)
is 0.59 ppg career player
5 100 000 cap hit (1 x year bridge deal)

---

value? 1 for 1 kind of trade?

---

He is an okay energy - skilled type of player,
flashy, who can skate really well, but he is not the type
of player who you get if you are a contender and looking
for to improve your teams Stanley Cup odds.

He has gotten a good role in Minnesota, he fits well,
and he should stay in Minnesota.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
A Fiala for Gurianov move works cap wise. I really like Gurianov but he’s playing under a dinosaur coach; he’ll look good in Minnesota for cheap.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
This is getting you a really good middle 6 winger for the rest of the year and next at a reasonable cap hit. Allowing you to keep Fiala for the playoff run this season and getting some picks as well. Fiala might be too expensive for you to keep and also could go to arbitration. The next 3 seasons will be tough with the dead cap and getting Donskoi at a cheap price is a good deal.

You literally make zero sense. Your comment reeks of trolling. Minnesota trades fiala for dooniski, only to trade a 1st back for fiala! Yeah, no you don't know what your talking about. Minnesota won't trade fiala for an expensive bottom line player

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You literally make zero sense. Your comment reeks of trolling. Minnesota trades fiala for dooniski, only to trade a 1st back for fiala! Yeah, no you don't know what your talking about. Minnesota won't trade fiala for an expensive bottom line player

I didn't say that at all. Minnesota trades a 1st for Donskoi retained with a pick. Seattle trades that 1st with another pick back to Minnesota in the offseason for Fiala. Donskoi with retention isn't expensive and isn't a bottom line player. He's a good middle 6 one, he's just unlucky this year goal scoring.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
I didn't say that at all. Minnesota trades a 1st for Donskoi retained with a pick. Seattle trades that 1st with another pick back to Minnesota in the offseason for Fiala. Donskoi with retention isn't expensive and isn't a bottom line player. He's a good middle 6 one, he's just unlucky this year goal scoring.

You literally make zero sense. Minnesota doesn't need Wingers. Minnesota has Adam Beckman and matt boldy in Iowa. Minnesota has rem pitick, Brandon duhaime, switching between 2nd and 4th line. Both are young, cheap and good. So no, Minnesota isn't going to trade a 1st round pick or any pick for a Winger they don't need when the Center position is the pressing need. Donskoi sucks , and literally won't play on Minnesota. Minnesota is damn stacked with too many good Wingers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
for
Fiala

I like how Fiala plays. He plays with an edge and is always near the opposing team's crease. He would bring a dimension to LA that doesn't really exist a lot there, outside of Brown and a couple other players. MIN gets a great comparable young (25) player who is coming into his own right now and projects to 45 points this season. He is not as aggressive as Fiala, but he's fast and can handle the puck. Minny also gets another offen. prospect not named Byfield, Turcotte or Kaliyev. LA also throws in a 2nd in this year's draft. I think the return is comparable and will help Minny out. LA gets a great player in Fiala.
Deal all depends on the identity of the offensive prospect. I'm assuming it will be a pretty meh one if you aren't even going to name one. MN doesn't need another LW. They need C's. They also don't need bottom six, two way C's. They are swimming in them. They need a top 6 C, or a top 6C prospect.

In general, quantity for quality deals usually aren't well received.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Number of 30 goal scorers in the past 4 seasons
2020-21: 5
2019-20 : 17
2018-19: 45
2017-18: 31

Why continue to come into these threads and pretend like "30 goal scorer" means the same thing from 2019 on as it did before Covid?

Fiala's 25 and, thus far, has had every season in Minnesota shortened by things that have nothing to do with Kevin Fiala. Since 2019-20 he's 47th in goals, 74th in assists, and 52nd in points, all while not being given a lot to work with in terms of linemates. He's a good top-6 winger that'll score goals and can generally carry a scoring line, but will probably do better if he's got better options than Freddy Gaudreau and Victor Rask. I don't think anyone's suggested he's worth 3 1sts, and continuing to trot out the same bad logic is obnoxious.

Alone that there are 30 goal scorers in Covid times shows that your argument is flawed.
Beside that, it's not me claiming all those outlandish things, just to reference any absurd if's and when's.

I am well aware that he is an undersized 20 goal scorer who heavily depends on line mates and is easily taken out in playoff.
This guys has 9 goals in 5 playoff runs combined.

I am just entertained by the Minny guys trying to make him something he isn't and then ask for a price based on what they pretend.
My all time favorite asks are Holtz + 1st and Byfield + 1st

If it would only cost Fiala's to obtain those guys + 1st rounders, we would have trades left and right.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
for
Fiala

Right at the point when Kempe finally finds his place, you want to trade him away for a Arvidson clone that scores half his goals ?????
Kempe is 26th in goal scoring, Fiala is freaking 148th

If any it would be Fiala + 1st(unprotected) for Kempe.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Right at the point when Kempe finally finds his place, you want to trade him away for a Arvidson clone that scores half his goals ?????
Kempe is 26th in goal scoring, Fiala is freaking 148th

If any it would be Fiala + 1st(unprotected) for Kempe.

Haha okay bud. Fiala is a 1000x better. Yeah, to say Minnesota would be the one to pay a 1st round pick and fiala for kempe is laughable

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Alone that there are 30 goal scorers in Covid times shows that your argument is flawed.
Beside that, it's not me claiming all those outlandish things, just to reference any absurd if's and when's.

I am well aware that he is an undersized 20 goal scorer who heavily depends on line mates and is easily taken out in playoff.
This guys has 9 goals in 5 playoff runs combined.

I am just entertained by the Minny guys trying to make him something he isn't and then ask for a price based on what they pretend.
My all time favorite asks are Holtz + 1st and Byfield + 1st

If it would only cost Fiala's to obtain those guys + 1st rounders, we would have trades left and right.
I don't disagree that Byfield + 1st is an unjustified price, but that doesn't justify the logic you're trying to counter it with. Regardless of what you think Fiala's worth in a vacuum, ignoring that a pandemic artificially lowered the denominator on the already arbitrary "30 goal scorer" label is silly for obvious reasons. Why triple down on it?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I don't disagree that Byfield + 1st is an unjustified price, but that doesn't justify the logic you're trying to counter it with. Regardless of what you think Fiala's worth in a vacuum, ignoring that a pandemic artificially lowered the denominator on the already arbitrary "30 goal scorer" label is silly for obvious reasons. Why triple down on it?

The main reason why i use that label is that he didn't even come close to it even before Covid.
After 8 years in the NHL i would say it's save to say, that he isn't one

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Haha okay bud. Fiala is a 1000x better. Yeah, to say Minnesota would be the one to pay a 1st round pick and fiala for kempe is laughable

The guy who scores 6 goals is 1000x better than a 12 goal scorer.
Yep, that makes total sense.

Any trade considering Kempe for Fiala would be a gift to the Wild, regardless of what is attached on Minnesota's side of the deal

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The main reason why i use that label is that he didn't even come close to it even before Covid.

Yeah, crazy how he couldn't score 30 goals playing that 1 game as an 18 year old, or those 5 games as a 19 year old.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Any trade considering Kempe for Fiala would be a gift to the Wild, regardless of what is attached on Minnesota's side of the deal

As much sense as a guy that has never scored 20 goals in a season having any sort of value.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN

I think 6 years is more accurate, 6 games over 2 years in mostly the AHL at 19 and 20 years old are not NHL seasons by anyone's standard.

Reactions: adsfan

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021

The season isn't over yet but. Fiala skills and ability to take over games, and history shows he's a 1000x better than a guy whose hasn't been good, and hadn't done anything prior to this year. Trust me, Minnesota will Keep the better player as they have matt boldy, and Adam Beckman, so it wouldn't be A gift

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad