Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
So your primary criticism of Fiala is that, at the age of 21, he only managed to score 20+ goals and not 30. Got it.

If we totally ignore what i said, then yes.

My primary criticism is that after 8 season in the NHL he can't show more than 23 goals and this has only be done twice in those 8 years

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The guy who scores 6 goals is 1000x better than a 12 goal scorer.
Yep, that makes total sense.

Any trade considering Kempe for Fiala would be a gift to the Wild, regardless of what is attached on Minnesota's side of the deal
Last three seasons:
Fiala 144GP 49g 65a 114pts (28g 37a 65pt 82 game pace)
Kempe 155GP 37g 41a 78pts (20g 22a 42pt 82 game pace)

Lol @ your first line. Nice sample size.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Deal all depends on the identity of the offensive prospect. I'm assuming it will be a pretty meh one if you aren't even going to name one. MN doesn't need another LW. They need C's. They also don't need bottom six, two way C's. They are swimming in them. They need a top 6 C, or a top 6C prospect.

In general, quantity for quality deals usually aren't well received.
Kempe is a special player. I would think that he and a 2nd gets it done by themselves. I don't know what other center prospects we have that we are willing to let go. I would say Kupari, but he projects to be our 2nd line center now that vilardi and turcotte are playing wing.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Right at the point when Kempe finally finds his place, you want to trade him away for a Arvidson clone that scores half his goals ?????
Kempe is 26th in goal scoring, Fiala is freaking 148th

If any it would be Fiala + 1st(unprotected) for Kempe.
Yeah thinking about it now it's like Kempe is a great player and so is Fiala, but Kempe's coming into his own right now and is showing that he plays with grit, which is exactly what the Kings need. I'd see if min bites on Kupari + 2nd, if not then it wasn't meant to be.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This thread turns into comedy gold :laugh:

First we tryd the car salesman argument for Fiala being a 30 goal scorer according to his projected stats,
when in fact he never scored more than 23 goals in 8 seasons
When this sales talk didn't work, we include how many posts he hits.

Can't wait to see what's coming next to inflate his value to ask for 3 1strounders in return
Yeah, you’re being pretty dramatic. Nobody is asking that. Just because you’re underrating Fiala doesn’t mean Wild fans are suddenly asking for some exorbinate return. Most of us realize he won’t get what his value is to us right now, so we’d rather not trade him.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Yeah, you’re being pretty dramatic. Nobody is asking that. Just because you’re underrating Fiala doesn’t mean Wild fans are suddenly asking for some exorbinate return. Most of us realize he won’t get what his value is to us right now, so we’d rather not trade him.

And you shouldn't trade him at all.
There is always a solution to handle a stressed cap situation. There are so many more players i would let go from the Wild roster before Fiala.
All my answers are more directed to the Wild fans coming into our chat on a daily base asking for Byfield +1st++ for Fiala

Just here to make sure if the asking price is higher than Iafallo, don't bother

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
There is always a solution to handle a stressed cap situation. There are so many more players i would let go from the Wild roster before Fiala.
All my answers are more directed to the Wild fans coming into our chat on a daily base asking for Byfield +1st++ for Fiala

It's a big site and I won't claim to have read all of it, but I'm going to go out on a limb and question whether these particular Wild fans exist.

Reactions: 57special

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

If you can find even 1 reply with that ask, I’d be very suprised.

Reactions: 57special

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

Weird, because I have found them to be completely reasonable when talking about a return from the Ducks.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Weird, because I have found them to be completely reasonable when talking about a return from the Ducks.

You're talking to a guy that has completely made up 3 or 4 conversations in his own head.

I'd advise you to not try to make sense out of nonsense.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Do you watch the Kings? Do you watch Kempe? Yeah he's pretty special and he's having a great year so far. He's no Auston Matthews, but he's pretty good. I would suggest doing your research before posting.
What sets him apart from a player like Marcus Foligno? Stats are almost identical for the last three years. Foligno definitely has character, solid defense, and physicality. I won’t pretend to have seen Kempe play more than a few games this year, but I’m genuinely curious what “special” means in this case. When I think special, I think of those players that carry their team (Kaprizov for Minnesota, McDrai, Crosby/Malkin, Ovechkin, Mackinnon/Rantanen, etc, etc.).

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Do you watch the Kings? Do you watch Kempe? Yeah he's pretty special and he's having a great year so far. He's no Auston Matthews, but he's pretty good. I would suggest doing your research before posting.
Kempe is a talented player. He is not a special player. I have watched him enough to know that. He is a 3rd line player on a playoff team. He has the same contract status as Fiala. A 2nd round pick is not worth the downgrade.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
What sets him apart from a player like Marcus Foligno? Stats are almost identical for the last three years. Foligno definitely has character, solid defense, and physicality. I won’t pretend to have seen Kempe play more than a few games this year, but I’m genuinely curious what “special” means in this case. When I think special, I think of those players that carry their team (Kaprizov for Minnesota, McDrai, Crosby/Malkin, Ovechkin, Mackinnon/Rantanen, etc, etc.).
Foligno's a hack. Never broken 26 points and has been in the league for 10 years. Physical player and that's it. Fits the Minny mold perfectly. I guess special means in this case that he's good and rising.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Foligno's a hack. Never broken 26 points and has been in the league for 10 years. Physical player and that's it. Fits the Minny mold perfectly. I guess special means in this case that he's good and rising.
Last three seasons:
Foligno 128GP 35g 36a 71pts (22g 23a 45pt 82 game pace)

Kempe can't even outproduce a hack that's been in the league for 10 years that's just a physical player and that's it.

Reactions: Ragdoll

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Last three seasons:
Foligno 128GP 35g 36a 71pts (22g 23a 45pt 82 game pace)

Kempe can't even outproduce a hack that's been in the league for 10 years that's just a physical player and that's it.
Give him time. Kempe's on pace for about a 50 point season. Foligno about the same, for once in his career. 2 completely different players.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Clearly you're a guy who doesn't watch players, just boxscores.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Give him time. Kempe's on pace for about a 50 point season. Foligno about the same, for once in his career. 2 completely different players.
I asked you why they are different and the only thing you have managed to say is Foligno is 30 and Kempe is 25. Are you going to expand on how they are different players right now?

It’s funny, cause I haven’t even gotten to the part about Foligno being a key cog on one of the best two way lines in hockey along with Eriksson Ek and Greenway.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
I asked you why they are different and the only thing you have managed to say is Foligno is 30 and Kempe is 25. Are you going to expand on how they are different players right now?

It’s funny, cause I haven’t even gotten to the part about Foligno being a key cog on one of the best two way lines in hockey along with Eriksson Ek and Greenway.
My point is that Kempe is just a better player. They're having similar seasons and you say that Foligno is a key cog, but I would argue that Kempe is just as important to his team as Foligno.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Foligno projects to just a couple more points this season than Kempe. He will finish with 54 points to Kempe's 46 points. But Foligno's having a career year and this will be the best that it gets for him, meanwhile Kempe will continue to put up 50 point seasons as he hits his prime and it only took 5 seasons to do it against Foligno's 10 seasons. So yes, Kempe is clearly a better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad