Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Lol, this is on Byfield + level

Holtz is a projected elite goal scoring winger.
The Devils peeps made it clear that they desperately looking for sniper type winger
and you offer the all rounder, asking for their only sniper type and demand a +

I can already see in couple of month, the Minny guys denying that this offer has ever been made and ask for evidence

No, it isn't.

Filip Karlsson

Oct 6, 2020
Lol, this is on Byfield + level

Holtz is a projected elite goal scoring winger.
The Devils peeps made it clear that they desperately looking for sniper type winger
and you offer the all rounder, asking for their only sniper type and demand a +

I can already see in couple of month, the Minny guys denying that this offer has ever been made and ask for evidence

I know it's an unreasonable ask! I'm just really high on Holtz. My ”ironic tone” didn't come through at all. Don't hold my post against Wild fans hehe!

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ll admit it, I made a bad proposal earlier this thread around Holtz+late 1st. To defend myself a little bit, I thought I read somewhere (mistakenly) that Holtz’s stock had fallen since his draft.

I’m still baffled at any proposal involving Byfield+ and Fiala. The only time I’ve seen Byfield+ was talking about Kaprizov and I’m not afraid to say that Byfield+ is a reasonable ask for a player of Kaprizov’s level. I don’t give a shit what any other team’s posters think. No one is telling you to press the buy button.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I’ll admit it, I made a bad proposal earlier this thread around Holtz+late 1st. To defend myself a little bit, I thought I read somewhere (mistakenly) that Holtz’s stock had fallen since his draft.

I’m still baffled at any proposal involving Byfield+ and Fiala. The only time I’ve seen Byfield+ was talking about Kaprizov and I’m not afraid to say that Byfield+ is a reasonable ask for a player of Kaprizov’s level. I don’t give a shit what any other team’s posters think. No one is telling you to press the buy button.

Well yeah.. Byfield + is always a reasonable thing to ask.
But for the sake of getting a trade done, this is a 100% no go from the Kings .

It's the same if i would propose Boldy + for Iafallo.
Sure it would be reasonable, but i already know the answer from the Wild peeps since nobody in his right mind would give up on untapped potential without taking a look first

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Holtz + 1st is a defensible initial ask, just in case New Jersey has a momentary slip. Then it'd be up to us to decide if we'd accept Holtz + lesser pick or a lesser prospect + 1st.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

Sure it would be reasonable, but i already know the answer from the Wild peeps since nobody in his right mind would give up on untapped potential without taking a look first
Are you comparing Byfield+ for Kaprizov, to Boldy+ for Iafallo?

Reactions: Digitalbooya

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Fiala for Holtz straight up in the offseason is fine. Can't imagine a team at the top of their division would trade one of their top forwards without receiving NHL help in return in the middle of the season.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I would love for you to explain how Iafallo = Kaprizov in this comparison. Even with the understanding that Boldy is a step down from Byfield, Iafallo is a giant leap down from Kaprizov... Not to mention he is 28 while Kaprizov is 24.

Reactions: GuerinUp

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Again, I hope that MN gives Fiala a chance to play with at least one talented player on his line for at least a month or so. Boldy looks terrific down in the AHL, and might be just the thing. They are not going to break up Zuccarello and Kaprizov, nor should they, and the JEE line is more of a dump and chase, crash bang line. Very effective, but not a style that fits Fiala's skill.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Vilardi + 2022 2nd for Fiala

absolutely not

Fiala is not a player the Kings need in their future while Vilardi is.
Fiala will be a no go for any of our top prospects

If you guys insist on a Fiala trade, you can pick freely from any 24+ years player in any combination

Last edited:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I would love for you to explain how Iafallo = Kaprizov in this comparison. Even with the understanding that Boldy is a step down from Byfield, Iafallo is a giant leap down from Kaprizov... Not to mention he is 28 while Kaprizov is 24.
Iafallo has 10 goals Kaprizov has 12
That's closer than the step down from Byfield to Boldy

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
if we are for sure selling with no attempt to resign, i do not see how this is not one of if not the best offer we can expect for Fiala alone.
Think it would be a good deal for both teams (assuming Fiala re-signs at a relatively reasonable rate).

I think Vilardi can be an effective playmaking center in a sheltered, offensive role.

Fiala would be great next to Byfield. What better way to help a young blue chip center prospect than to put a dynamic winger next to him.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
I think Minnesota's goal in trading Fiala, and also Greenway if they can't resign him, should be to trade up as high in the draft as possible to draft a difference maker who will be ready in a few years. Part of the problem with that is that neither Fiala or Greenway are on contracts that would be useful to a team that is bad right now. So ideally the Wild should trade Fiala for prospects or picks that could be packaged with the Wild's first and whatever they get for Greenway to move as high up in the draft as possible. Ideally to get a high end defenseman or center. That, combined with current prospects and players signed long term would put them in a very strong position when they came out of cap hell.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Think it would be a good deal for both teams (assuming Fiala re-signs at a relatively reasonable rate).

I think Vilardi can be an effective playmaking center in a sheltered, offensive role.

Fiala would be great next to Byfield. What better way to help a young blue chip center prospect than to put a dynamic winger next to him.
couldnt agree more, a right handed more offensively inclined center is what we are wanting and needing so i dont see how acquiring him from a spot of somewhat depth would be negative. we dont have anyone as electric as Fiala to replace him yet but that is minor details.

Reactions: verbalkint47

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think Minnesota's goal in trading Fiala, and also Greenway if they can't resign him, should be to trade up as high in the draft as possible to draft a difference maker who will be ready in a few years. Part of the problem with that is that neither Fiala or Greenway are on contracts that would be useful to a team that is bad right now. So ideally the Wild should trade Fiala for prospects or picks that could be packaged with the Wild's first and whatever they get for Greenway to move as high up in the draft as possible. Ideally to get a high end defenseman or center. That, combined with current prospects and players signed long term would put them in a very strong position when they came out of cap hell.
i dont think the player required to trade up into the top 5 of any draft is a player any team would trade. trading up in the draft is not going to be as exciting if fiala and greenway are our bargaining chips.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
If somebody slips who we think is good they might get us to 7 or 8. Bad teams often do dumb things. It is why they are bad teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad