Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anythig elsebesides Holtz of interest from the Devils ? Foote plus a pick ? Or a D plus pick ? Bahl Okhotyuk plus pick ?

None of this is interesting unless the pick is a top 10 pick

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Anythig elsebesides Holtz of interest from the Devils ? Foote plus a pick ? Or a D plus pick ? Bahl Okhotyuk plus pick ?

Stillman would be my preferred piece if Holtz is unavailable, but even with a 2022 2nd added that seems light to me, would want a rosterable forward as well(Sherangovich/Kuokannen/McLeod would work best, Johnsson/Tatar would probably need retention to under 3M, Boqvist would be more of a last resort). I do hope we look for the best individual piece rather than a quantity package though. Would have to be in the offseason as well.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
kaprizov has 37 more points in one less game the last 2 seasons....

the more you talk the less credible you get...

lafallo couldnt hold kaprizovs jock

I only measure wingers by what they are supposed to do, scoring goals.

What Kaprizov does beside that is not of my concern.
The Ovechkin and Laine mindset is what i am looking for in a winger. This is why i am not the slightest interested in Fiala.

All those other locker room or team dynamic skills or whatever they come up with, are excuses for losers

With that said, Kaprizov is still the better player than Iafallo

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

The Ovechkin and Laine mindset is what i am looking for in a winger. This is why i am not the slightest interested in Fiala.

All those other locker room or team dynamic skills or whatever they come up with, are excuses for losers

No shit.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Iafallo has 10 goals Kaprizov has 12
That's closer than the step down from Byfield to Boldy
Actually, if you use your logic, Boldy is infinitely better than Byfield because 4>>0. Though I'm sure you will find some way to move the goal posts to fit your narrative on this one as well.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Not to trip you up with the truth (again), but both Fiala and Kaprizov have more goals than Laine over the last two seasons.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Iafallo has 10 goals Kaprizov has 12
That's closer than the step down from Byfield to Boldy
Ha. You think Byfield, who has a collective 20 points in 36 AHL games (most of those in a watered down AHL) is a bigger step up from Boldy than Kaprizov is from Iafallo?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Not to trip you up with the truth (again), but both Fiala and Kaprizov have more goals than Laine over the last two seasons.

I love how you absolutely ignored the keyword "mindset"
This shows in general how dishonest you anwers to my posts. I usually state facts like Iafallo has 10 goals and Kaprizov 12.
Then you go ahead and cherry pick random other facts that has absolutely nothing to do with our conversation to support something that has never been asked for.

Like this time i pointed out that i go for a certain mindset i look for in a player.
I cherry pick now 2 seasons to make a point unrelated to the post. I could now counter that Laine had more goals in his 1st season than Kaprizov and Fiala combined.
But this would play into your intend to derail the conversation

I just make it short, Fiala is not a target for the Kings because he is not what we are looking for regardless of the tantrum you will throw

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Actually, if you use your logic, Boldy is infinitely better than Byfield because 4>>0. Though I'm sure you will find some way to move the goal posts to fit your narrative on this one as well.

I do mot measure Centers by goals, you should really start reading what i write

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The fact that you measure wingers by how many goals they score is pretty funny. Let me guess, centers you measure by assists?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
To be fair, I judge defensemen solely on their ability to defend 3 on 1’s so I kind of get it.

I personally judge them exclusively on their ability to hold the zone on the PP.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yes by that and the ability to force opponent defenders out of position to open spots for the wingers

So hypothetically, if a winger had like, 10 goals and 17 assists in 22 games, and a center had like 8 goals and 12 assists in 36 games in the same league, what does that mean? And if another center had like 6 goals and 15 assists in 19 games in the same league as well, where does he fit in? And then let's say there's a fourth player who has 9 goals and 22 assists but in 50 games, bonus points if you tell me where he fits in too.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You move the goal posts every time someone breathes.
I just make it short, Fiala is not a target for the Kings because he is not what we are looking for regardless of the tantrum you will throw
This is something truly special to read. This thread doesn’t need to involve you or any sort of Kings discussion, yet here you are derailing a KEVIN FIALA value thread to tell us you’re not interested.

Good. Bye.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

I love how you absolutely ignored the keyword "mindset"
This shows in general how dishonest you anwers to my posts. I usually state facts like Iafallo has 10 goals and Kaprizov 12.
Then you go ahead and cherry pick random other facts that has absolutely nothing to do with our conversation to support something that has never been asked for.

Like this time i pointed out that i go for a certain mindset i look for in a player.
I cherry pick now 2 seasons to make a point unrelated to the post. I could now counter that Laine had more goals in his 1st season than Kaprizov and Fiala combined.
But this would play into your intend to derail the conversation

Yes by that and the ability to force opponent defenders out of position to open spots for the wingers
You have a really simplistic way of thinking.

I guess if there's an elite playmaking winger, he's pretty much useless to you right? And same thing for goal scoring centers?

Gaudreau and Matthews don't have much value?

Reactions: jaamz

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You have a really simplistic way of thinking.

I guess if there's an elite playmaking winger, he's pretty much useless to you right? And same thing for goal scoring centers?

Gaudreau and Matthews don't have much value?

To me Gudreau has not much value, but this is only me.
I'm pretty sure the Flames are pretty happy with him.
Beside that, both have in common that they don't have any cup rings.

It's all a game of chances to me.
If you have a playmaking center who is able to force defenders out of position, he technically has two wingers as an option to pass to.
If you have a playmaking winger, he is already on the outside of the o-zone and his only option is towards the net, which makes it easier to defend.

All of the recent Stanley Cup winner have in common that they had very good playmaking center with high scoring wingers

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
So hypothetically, if a winger had like, 10 goals and 17 assists in 22 games, and a center had like 8 goals and 12 assists in 36 games in the same league, what does that mean? And if another center had like 6 goals and 15 assists in 19 games in the same league as well, where does he fit in? And then let's say there's a fourth player who has 9 goals and 22 assists but in 50 games, bonus points if you tell me where he fits in too.

This is more complicated than it needs to be

I go by full seasons of 82 games and i don't care why a player isn't reaching those 82 games except the whole league isn't playing 82 games.

1st line wingers needs 30+ goals, 1st line centers 80+ points
2nd line wingers 25+ goals, 2nd line wingers 70+ points
3rd line winger 10+ goals, 3rd line center 40+ points
4th line winger 5+ goals, 4th line center 10+ points

Those are the most basic tasks i expect from a player and then look at additional qualities.
With that said, i only trade youngsters or top assets for 1st line qualities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad