Kerfoot is killing me...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I just can’t get over this. I hate the drop pass overall, and Tampa clearly watches game tape.. it was 0-0 at the time and Toronto was playing a perfect road game…. I know it’s only one play but ….

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
I just can’t get over this. I hate the drop pass overall, and Tampa clearly watches game tape.. it was 0-0 at the time and Toronto was playing a perfect road game…. I know it’s only one play but ….
Not to mention the guy went to Harvard too. Drop pass to nobody it’s inexcusable in the playoffs. He’s not they guy pal .

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
You think they get a free pass? Lol
What players haven't got a free pass?
@Sypher04 why lol and not respond to the follow up question? You loled it should be been an easy response. (my original post is at the bottom for reference).

What expensive players in your opinion haven't gotten a free pass? The"leaders" haven't changed in what since Tavares signed 4 playoff series ago. The leadership of this team wasn't changed either. Keefe and Dubas has mostly stayed quiet about the performance of them. Dubas and co may be the soften management in terms of response historically ever. They have coddled their high paid players.

We have scoring issues with much more expensive players then him... Those guys some how get a relatively free pass. They are who we should be most worried about.

Mopar

May 3, 2021
The drop pass in Game 6 last year is etched in my mind as well. It sickens me every time I think about it.

Aside from that I'm not a fan of Kerfoot. Overpaid and lacks finish. Would like to see him moved.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He's a guy whose playing himself to a pay cut at the moment

Hard to see a team giving kerfoot 3.5M in the offseason when he's producing poorly and isn't a great defensive player nor has size/grit going for him

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I can only hope putting Kerfoot on the second line means a trade for a good winger is eminent ( Josh Anderson). Moving him down to third line will be a natural transition after this trade is complete. Or better yet including him in the trade.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
@Sypher04 why lol and not respond to the follow up question? You loled it should be been an easy response. (my original post is at the bottom for reference).

What expensive players in your opinion haven't gotten a free pass? The"leaders" haven't changed in what since Tavares signed 4 playoff series ago. The leadership of this team wasn't changed either. Keefe and Dubas has mostly stayed quiet about the performance of them. Dubas and co may be the soften management in terms of response historically ever. They have coddled their high paid players.

Never saw your reply. But frankly even if I had I probably would have ignored it. Not being a dick, just saying it’s clear we don’t agree.

I don’t think a single one of Matthews, Marner, Tavares or Nylander have gotten a free pass and I think that’s not even a matter up for debate.

And who cares what the Leafs management has said in public. I don’t expect or want them to manage their players through the media.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Never saw your reply. But frankly even if I had I probably would have ignored it. Not being a dick, just saying it’s clear we don’t agree.

I don’t think a single one of Matthews, Marner, Tavares or Nylander have gotten a free pass and I think that’s not even a matter up for debate.

And who cares what the Leafs management has said in public. I don’t expect or want them to manage their players through the media.
So you can't explain why they haven't gotten free passes? Than why are you of this opinion? Just a tingling? Yet you lol'd? Now it's my turn to lol. Can't say I'm surprised.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
So you can't explain why they haven't gotten free passes? Than why are you of this opinion? Just a tingling? Yet you lol'd? Now it's my turn to lol. Can't say I'm surprised.

Why do you think that I have to prove anything? You haven’t proven that they have been given a free pass in any way whatsoever. There is no onus on me to do anything. I could explain why I hold the opinion I do, and I laughed because I think your position is laughable. Just because I’m choosing not to waste my time on this doesn’t mean anything regarding the validity of my opinion.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Why do you think that I have to prove anything? You haven’t proven they have in any way. I could explain why I hold the opinion and I do, and I laughed because I think your position is laughable. Just because I’m choosing not to waste my time on this doesn’t mean anything regarding the validity of my opinion.
So you loled but dont want to state why? This gets better and better... Btw thanks for your incredible contribution "lol"

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
So you loled but dont want to state why? This gets better and better.

Yes, I lol’d. I’ve given exactly as much justification for my position as you have yours: nothing of value. Get over it

Not every stated opinion requires being broken down to specifics. If I felt compelled to do so, or that you’d even accept what I’m actually saying, maybe I would. But you won’t agree, and I know better. I’ll save my breath

I give detailed responses where I see value in giving them. Nothing more

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yes, I lol’d. I’ve given exactly as much justification for my position as you have yours: nothing of value. Get over it

Not every stated opinion requires being broken down to specifics. If I felt compelled to do so, or that you’d even accept what I’m actually saying, maybe I would. But you won’t agree, and I know better. I’ll save my breath

I give detailed responses where I see value in giving it. Nothing more
I said Kerfoot has performed in past playoffs, shows grit and is less paid than others who have performed worse but have gotten free passes.

You not only disagrees that these high paid players have gotten free passes...you even added a lol.

Your the one dis-agreeing with me... Why do I have to explain myself?

Notice that when I disagreed with the OP... I explained why.

You loled at my opinion and think I should work harder to not know why you loled? Hahaha this is awesome!!

I even gave you simple example of how they've gotten free passes... That leafs management has been largely silent. You responded that "you dont care... " again refusing to explain why it doesn't matter. I am actually laughing out at you as I type this... Absolute gold!

If everyone did what your doing, there wouldn't be any conversations on this message board... Just LOL... I know you are but what am I statements.

Thanks for the laugh...but please share more.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I said Kerfoot has performed in past playoffs, shows grit and is less paid than others who have performed worse but have gotten free passes.

You not only disagrees that these high paid players have gotten free passes...you even added a lol.

Your the one dis-agreeing with me... Why do I have to explain myself?

Notice that when I disagreed with the OP... I explained why.

You loled at my opinion and think I should work harder to not know why you loled? Hahaha this is awesome!!

I even gave you simple example of how they've gotten free passes... That leafs management has been largely silent. You responded that "you dont care... " again refusing to explain why it doesn't matter. I am actually laughing out at you as I type this... Absolute gold!

If everyone did what your doing, there wouldn't be any conversations on this message board... Just LOL... I know you are but what am I statements.

Thanks for the laugh...but please share more.

As I said, I owe you absolutely nothing. I stated an opinion. If I wanted to expand I would have done so in my first post, but I don’t feel like doing so. And I never said you need to explain your position more, I merely stated that you expecting me to defend against your argument doesn’t in any way mean that I have to do it.

Also, try reading again, I already told you why your “point” about media comments is meaningless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antropovsky

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
As I said, I owe you absolutely nothing. I stated an opinion. If I wanted to expand I would have done so in my first post, but I don’t feel like doing so. And I never said you need to explain your position more, I merely stated that you expecting me to defend against your argument doesn’t in any way mean that I have to do it.

Also, try reading again, I already told you why your “point” about media comments is meaningless.
I'm sad that you dont feel like explaining...but find it humorous that you do feel like writing post after post explaining that you dont want to.

Reactions: Brad C and hotpaws

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm sad that you dont feel like explaining...but find it humorous that you do feel like writing post after post explaining that you dont want to.

I pick my spots where I feel the discussion is worth the effort involved. I also like to pre-assess the likelihood I’ll get roped into a circular argument.

Generally this works for me. Didn’t really work out to less effort this time around, but I stand by how I do things.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I pick my spots where I feel the discussion is worth the effort involved. I also like to pre-assess the likelihood I’ll get roped into a circular argument.

Generally this works for me. Didn’t really work out to less effort this time around, but I stand by how I do things.
You picked your spots... worth the effort .... Lol

Jeez... I might get hooked on your style of communication.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
It’s funny to see people break spears on such mediocre player as Kerfoot. The only thing that is not mediocre about him is 3.5 million cap hit.

Reactions: Notsince67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad