Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I hope it isn't as cut and dried as this. We just got through a GM whose every move was telegraphed in neon letters, so he never gave himself a chance to win a transaction. If Briere is hobbled by orders to get rid of them, a Hayes deal risks losing assets and cap space and the return on Provorov may be seriously underwhelming to reasonable expectations that he could bring back at least one high-value piece.
Torts has told him he doesn't want him back. Doesn't even try to make it work. So yes he will be behind the 8 ball in any hayes deal. They will buy him out if need be which is funny as hell

There are lots of rumors that Provorov wants out. If they can get a first for him in this draft, he'll be gone.
all speculative stuff. Nothing concrete.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ironically, Torts' reputation means teams will discount any conflict between the two, Hayes showed he was healthy and put up 54 points on a team with shifting lines and a piss poor PP. So someone like CBJ might see him as a potential 60-70 point player paired with JG. However, Flyers will have to retain or take a bad contract back, I think Hayes at $4M will have suitors lined up, at $7M, crickets.

Provorov is a 25 minute a night D-man who's only 26, someone will figure they can "fix him" by pairing him with a veteran RHD on their first pair.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You really have to chuckle at deadhead's fantasy of Provorov being a stud 25 a night guy, versus the reality where Provorov only played 23 minutes a night on a bad defensive team and he was the worst of the Flyers regular defensemen at preventing 5on5 goals. Even worse than Tony no D! :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He spent a very long time, with a very long-winded answer, saying the exact opposite during his cleanout day interview. So, either he gave a long-winded lie, or this is another false narrative. I'm going with the latter.

I think it's relatively rare for an 18 year-old to make ANY NHL roster.

His actual actions during the season dispel his word vomit, and prove out his initial straightforward bragging about how he doesn't like talking to young players, so he wouldn't bother coaching them. Which players confirmed too.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We disagree. Ivan is not a clear goner at all. Only if he asks and he hasnt as of yet.

"I think it's Provorov is the guy you guys would like to move, I think he'd like to go, too. I think everybody realizes it's time here for a bit of a fresh start."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ironically, Torts' reputation means teams will discount any conflict between the two, Hayes showed he was healthy and put up 54 points on a team with shifting lines and a piss poor PP. So someone like CBJ might see him as a potential 60-70 point player paired with JG. However, Flyers will have to retain or take a bad contract back, I think Hayes at $4M will have suitors lined up, at $7M, crickets.

Provorov is a 25 minute a night D-man who's only 26, someone will figure they can "fix him" by pairing him with a veteran RHD on their first pair.

No they won't discount anything. Any competent team will leverage the well known fact that our overpowered coach wants him gone.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

still decreases his value kwing they will have to move him.
"I think it's Provorov is the guy you guys would like to move, I think he'd like to go to. I think everybody realizes it's time for a fresh start."

all speculation in that quote; based on how he has played and other factors one can easily make that assessment. Even if not true.

Flyers do not want to move him.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It's not speculation, it's based on reporters talking to people who work for the Flyers and people in Provorov's camp.

I know it will be hard for you to say goodbye to Saint Ivan, but try and be a big boy about it.
pure speculation. No one who matters in the flyers wants to move him. Will or can that change? sure. Ivan also hasnt asked out as of very recently.

yeah real hard. I will very upset. Yet it is so odd that i have said repeatedly him and others need to go.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The sell low on Provorov will be something to behold.

Pride night issues aside he is very much a top 4 dman in the league even if the fanbase has soured on him. In a competent organization with a defence core where he’s slotted properly…

He’s played for Hak, Vignenault, and Torts.

Only a moron wouldn’t want out of that.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Pride night issues aside he is very much a top 4 dman in the league even if the fanbase has soured on him. In a competent organization with a defence core where he’s slotted properly…

I think everyone in the league is fully aware of how the Flyers feel about everyone of their players. And that's gonna make doing anything hard.

It'll be even better when Jones is going on broadcasts as president

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

What do you consider “selling low” on Provorov, & what do you consider fair value?

Reactions: BernieParent

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
What do you consider “selling low” on Provorov, & what do you consider fair value?

I’ve heard rumours of Winnipeg. I’d want it to start with Samberg who I quite like, or a first as leading package.

I think it needs to be a higher end prospect, or a first rounder at minimum. He is a legit top 4 guy, that’s been durable for his career at a reasonable contract.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’ve heard rumours of Winnipeg. I’d want it to start with Samberg who I quite like, or a first as leading package.

I think it needs to be a higher end prospect, or a first rounder at minimum. He is a legit top 4 guy, that’s been durable for his career at a reasonable contract.
Samberg would disappoint me as the main return in a Provorov trade. I never viewed him as anything special.

But I absolutely think they will get a 1st in a Provorov trade. The question is how early in the 1st can they get?

Reactions: BernieParent

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Samberg would disappoint me as the main return in a Provorov trade. I never viewed him as anything special.

But I absolutely think they will get a 1st in a Provorov trade. The question is how early in the 1st can they get?

No worries, Samberg won't make anyone's eyes pop but I liked what I saw. Not my typical player I'm drawn to but I do think there is more there, even if at 24. That's a "wild take" I'll expose myself to openly.

Want nothing to do with Lucius, and don't see them moving Perfetti. Add some picks to Samberg, and I'd consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad