Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It was Hextall who moved John Riley from amateur scout to Director of Player Development, & I’m happy to clean up any vestiges of the Hextall era.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Mike O'Connell is the same moron that told Ronnie Attard he should try to model his game after Erik Cernak and Jacob Trouba. Good riddance doofus.

Senior adviser to the GM Mike O’Connell said that they want Attard to introduce a bit more defensive zone stability to his game, and tasked him with watching Erik Černák and Jacob Trouba in the playoffs this past spring for pointers in that regard.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Attard has needed a lot of work on defensive fundamentals which is why he spent a year in LHV.
He's got a NHL offensive game, but as a college rover, hasn't developed his defensive instincts.
He needs to be paired with a defensively sound partner who can cover for him while he learns on the job.

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It was Hextall who moved John Riley from amateur scout to Director of Player Development, & I’m happy to clean up any vestiges of the Hextall era.

The development process Hextall put in place was trash and a major problem with the people running the team is that they loved it and kept it.

The name might change but I have no hope for process or values getting better.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Attard has needed a lot of work on defensive fundamentals which is why he spent a year in LHV.
He's got a NHL offensive game, but as a college rover, hasn't developed his defensive instincts.
He needs to be paired with a defensively sound partner who can cover for him while he learns on the job.
I'm not going to say that Attard will be the equivalent of Werenski but Tortorella took Werenski and found a way to use his skills to become a very mobile blue liner with the CBJs. There's no reason that Attard can't play that type of role in Philly aside from being jacked around by poor coaching. Brad Shaw brought about some solid improvement with Risto, Seeler and York last year. Even Sanheim started to get it together towards the end of the year. Let's see what he can do with Attard. They don't need another Myers type of flame out.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
So does this mean Anthony DiMarco actually has sources? Is he the first to break this?

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
It's a shame that Shaw couldn't do anything with Provorov's bad defense.

5on5 GA/60
Ivan Provorov - 3.02
Tony DeAngelo - 2.92
Rasmus Ristolainen - 2.61
Nick Seeler - 2.56
Cam York - 2.53
Justin Braun - 2.24
Even Sanheim - 2.16
Just getting rid of Provorov and TDA would be a HUGE start. No one is taking Risto's contract I don't think.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm not going to say that Attard will be the equivalent of Werenski but Tortorella took Werenski and found a way to use his skills to become a very mobile blue liner with the CBJs. There's no reason that Attard can't play that type of role in Philly aside from being jacked around by poor coaching. Brad Shaw brought about some solid improvement with Risto, Seeler and York last year. Even Sanheim started to get it together towards the end of the year. Let's see what he can do with Attard. They don't need another Myers type of flame out.

Werenski already had those skills. Did you see him in Michigan? I'll give Torts some credit with Werenski for allowing him to play his game, but he didn't develop him into the player he is today.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
On the other hand, why are they replacing people on the Development staff if the organization hasn't failed at development?
so you don't look to get better or improve?

In terms of development where do the flyers rank against the other NHL teams? What criteria you using? Getting players to the NHL level as everyday players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad