Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Today, speaking with Brind’Amour at the season-ending press conference, general manager Don Waddell explained that the Hurricanes will explore the trade market “pretty heavily” before free agency opens a month from now.

Hmm, we got a D-man we could trade them. Among other things.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Today, speaking with Brind’Amour at the season-ending press conference, general manager Don Waddell explained that the Hurricanes will explore the trade market “pretty heavily” before free agency opens a month from now.

Hmm, we got a D-man we could trade them. Among other things.

Carolina is a smart team, so no. We need to be trying to find dumb teams to trick them into doing dumb things instead of getting bullied by Carolina again

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I think O’Connell is supposed to be defenseman wisperer. Last year, Charlie said he wanted to take Attard and turn him into Erik Cernak because tools and size.
do other teams do this still? like did the lightning try to make brayden point into martin st.louis? i don't understand this logic. It's got to be hampering development to think like this.

Let a player be himself but give him help to maximize it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
do other teams do this still? like did the lightning try to make brayden point into martin st.louis? i don't understand this logic. It's got to be hampering development to think like this.

He’s been around for like 40 years, so probably. He was director of player development in LA during their glory years.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Exactly my thought on this. Maximize what they are instead of making them someone else and getting inevitably pissed when that doesn't work.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I will say I didn't like Graham, until 2008.
The list should be Kelce, then everyone else.
I would have put the Phillies coach Thompson ahead if any broadcaster.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Werenski already had those skills. Did you see him in Michigan? I'll give Torts some credit with Werenski for allowing him to play his game, but he didn't develop him into the player he is today.
Having skills and then being in an organization where those talents are allowed to grow are two different things. IMO Attard has good offensive skills and is developing better defensive ones. He needs to be paired with a partner who can cover his deficiencies. The number of defensemen that can excel at both ends of the ice are few and far between. Even Lidstrom needed a strong defensive partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad