Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As far as personnel, I'd expect outside hires after the draft and free agency, when employment contracts expire, new GMs bring in their own people, and people Briere and Jones covet become available.

In the same fashion, pre-draft trades, the draft and free agency will tell us more than words.

They're not going to "tank," they are going to make trades to add draft picks and prospects. Trade enough veteran starters, and either you finish close to the bottom or you play better due to prospects stepping up, works either way.

They may wait on some moves, figuring they might get a better return in September after teams evaluate their own players - depends on what they're offered in June.

They'll probably add some veteran FAs on short-term deals since they lack depth and don't want to rush their prospect pool.
So don't freak out if they sign a 30 year old veteran to a 1 year deal, or 26 year old to a low cost 2 year deal.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
As far as personnel, I'd expect outside hires after the draft and free agency, when employment contracts expire, new GMs bring in their own people, and people Briere and Jones covet become available.

In the same fashion, pre-draft trades, the draft and free agency will tell us more than words.

They're not going to "tank," they are going to make trades to add draft picks and prospects. Trade enough veteran starters, and either you finish close to the bottom or you play better due to prospects stepping up, works either way.

They may wait on some moves, figuring they might get a better return in September after teams evaluate their own players - depends on what they're offered in June.

They'll probably add some veteran FAs on short-term deals since they lack depth and don't want to rush their prospect pool.
So don't freak out if they sign a 30 year old veteran to a 1 year deal, or 26 year old to a low cost 2 year deal.
if they don't does that signify they are not rebuilding? Excluding Hayes and tony D, who do you think the President/GM/ Coach wants to subtract?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I look forward to you vigorously defending the team doing the opposite of what you think is best. An annual tradition.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
if they don't does that signify they are not rebuilding? Excluding Hayes and tony D, who do you think the President/GM/ Coach wants to subtract?
Don't know. Comes down to both who they think isn't part of the future and what they're offered.
They don't have to rush to move players, they can wait if the price isn't right.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Don't know. Comes down to both who they think isn't part of the future and what they're offered.
They don't have to rush to move players, they can wait if the price isn't right.
don't straddle the fence, give some names who you think they want to subtract.

Sooner they move on from this losing core the better. Sometimes you are just better off cutting bait even if the offer isn't what you expect.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
lol f*** off

Quite literally the worst part of the organization for the last 10 years and everyone gets a promotion. How is this any different than before Briere and Jones?

..And, my favorite part of this is the fact that they released it on a Friday, only to twitter. It's not on Instagram where they get torched in the comment section by the seemingly younger fans...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
don't straddle the fence, give some names who you think they want to subtract.

Sooner they move on from this losing core the better. Sometimes you are just better off cutting bait even if the offer isn't what you expect.
Hayes and Provorov.
They like Laughton, but at 29 he doesn't fit a rebuild timeline.
Allison is a matter of what they're offered, he's 26 with durability issues, so he's neither a keeper or a priority to move.
Laczynski won't bring anything.
Deslauriers will be moved next summer with 2 yrs left and no NMC, they like him on a young team as a tone setter as well as an enforcer.

TDA is a matter of cost. They don't want to pay to move him.
Risto and Sanheim are probably contract issues, they'd like to build their value up before trying to move them.
Sandstrom is blocking Ersson.

TK and Hart are more a matter of "make me an offer I can't refuse."

They've already moved on from MacEwen, Brown, Braun, with JVR, Bellows and Lemieux soon to follow.

So odds are by July, over half of last year's roster will be gone.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Hayes and Provorov.
Allison is a matter of what they're offered, he's 26 with durability issues, so he's neither a keeper or a priority to move.
Deslauriers will be moved next summer with 2 yrs left and no NMC, they like him on a young team as a tone setter as well as an enforcer.

Risto and Sanheim are probably contract issues, they'd like to build their value up before trying to move them.

They've already moved on from MacEwen, Brown, Braun, with JVR, Bellows and Lemieux soon to follow.

I asked you exclude Hayes and tony D.
Correct on Laughton though he will not be moved
Allison who cares really he is cheap so can see what he has to offer.
You have more faith in a team wanting a declining ND for 2 years. I do not. Enforcer lol.

Felix isnt blocking anyone. come on. Risto and Sanheim are unmovable more than likely at this time. Of the 2 who do you think is easier to move right now?

TK and Hart do not need an offer you cant refuse to move them imo. You move them in a good deal.

Your bold is funny. Wow they moved on from slop. Though the question was who does the coach want to subtract to help with his culture and room....

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Hayes and Provorov.

No doubt Hayes and Provorov are goners.
After that a lot depends on how creative DB can get. Most clubs have a player or two that they want to shed and hope that the refuse that they pick up will turn it around in a new environment. TDA fits here and would only be a one year challenge for the club that acquires him.
If DB wants top draft choices, things could be more difficult than if he takes on younger players from other teams that might not have lived up to expectations such as Tippett with Florida.
Then there is the type of "my trash for your garbage" type of deals that go down. (Would CBJ take Risto in exchange for Gudbranson?) Briere isn't under any pressure to get rid of anyone so he should be able to avoid getting ripped off with the deals that he makes.
Just a hunch but I think that Hart is out of here.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Quite literally the worst part of the organization for the last 10 years and everyone gets a promotion. How is this any different than before Briere and Jones?

..And, my favorite part of this is the fact that they released it on a Friday, only to twitter. It's not on Instagram where they get torched in the comment section by the seemingly younger fans...
The funny part is, Jonesy has been doing the media tour, telling everyone what he brings to the job is contacts. He knows everyone from coaches to players to GM’s and agents. So, first opportunity to change things, do we get introspection, innovation, new blood? Nope, same old…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad