Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Trading Farabee would be stupid. He's only 23, coming off a season where he had no chance to get in shape, and still put up respectable numbers.
From 19-21 he was 42nd in pp/60 (5x5), next season he could be even better with a chance to add strength this summer.
He's got the hands and instincts to score in the dirty areas, just needs to get stronger (some of which will come with physical maturity).

Flyers could use a top playmaking center (not necessarily elite, but better than Frost, at least top 2nd line quality and hopefully median 1st line).
With Farabee, Tippett, Foerster, Gauthier, they should have 4 top 6 forwards, Couts, Frost and ??? at center.
Cates, Desnoyers, Lycksell??? They need depth as well as that top center.

Assuming TK, Hayes, Laughton, Allison, Atkinson, all are gone in 2 years.
wonder how many cup contending teams they would be top 6.

Stop mentioning Ollie. Flyers view him as nothing more than depth. He does not figure or factor in any future plans in thier eyes

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Farabee is hopefully a top six forward. Tippett is a 3rd liner on a good team. The team is pretty uninterested in seeing what Foerster is, and he plays the kind of smart game the team is unable to appreciate. We have no idea how Gauthier translates. Zero chance there are 4 top six forwards there.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
wonder how many cup contending teams they would be top 6.

Stop mentioning Ollie. Flyers view him as nothing more than depth. He does not figure or factor in any future plans in thier eyes
You need depth, right now Flyers are thin at forward, they'll probably have to sign a veteran FA or two to fill out the lineup after they trade a few players in June.

Farabee, TK have scored at a 1st line rate, Tippett 2nd line, Frost scored at a 1C rate since Dec 7 when he had a set line with Tippett.
Foerster certainly looked like a top 6 forward in his cameo, have to see him do it for a full season.
Gauthier looks like a legitimate top 6 forward, whether LW or center remains to be determined.

So yeah, all five would be in the top 6 for a playoff team. Couts if 100%, Atkinson maybe at 100% (how much left in the tank?).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I really hope that for years to come, your posts will change to always include "well since December the 7th, 2023"
A day that will live in infamy. (well, at least as a marker).
It is when Torts finally made Frost and Cates the top 2 centers and gave them the team's best wingers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A day that will live in infamy. (well, at least as a marker).
It is when Torts finally made Frost and Cates the top 2 centers and gave them the team's best wingers.

ROFL I love how this evolves. I debunked the "JVR came back and the lines stabilized" line enough, I guess.

This is fully made up, and the evolution here is because you can't admit to begin wrong.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
You need depth, right now Flyers are thin at forward, they'll probably have to sign a veteran FA or two to fill out the lineup after they trade a few players in June.

Farabee, TK have scored at a 1st line rate, Tippett 2nd line, Frost scored at a 1C rate since Dec 7 when he had a set line with Tippett.
Foerster certainly looked like a top 6 forward in his cameo, have to see him do it for a full season.
Gauthier looks like a legitimate top 6 forward, whether LW or center remains to be determined.

So yeah, all five would be in the top 6 for a playoff team. Couts if 100%, Atkinson maybe at 100% (how much left in the tank?).
they have plenty of forwards internally to choose from no? so why the need for a vet free agent? they are rebuilding time to take a look at what they have one would think. maybe bring zac mac back.

all 5 would not .if couts this if cam this. This team stinks. Period. Compare to other teams in the conf and they are in a galaxy far far away from contending.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So are you guys trading Konecny? Because no offence but no other teams expect flyers to make playoffs for at least 2 years. I would cash in on Konecny before this teams sinks him.

Not like he’s a center.

Teams that would be interested on top of my head
red wings
Flames
Canucks
Penguins
Leafs
Preds
I would be insulted if you thought we thought they were going to make the playoffs the next 2 years. Some of us hope they don’t make it for 5 years.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would be insulted if you thought we thought they were going to make the playoffs the next 2 years. Some of us hope they don’t make it for 5 years.
I was told it was easy to make the playoffs. So if they don't make it within five years, someone screwed up!

I wouldn't be shocked if they made the playoffs next season, not a high probability result, but far from zero as well.
Let's say they trade TK, Hayes, Laughton and Provorov.
They obtain (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd and two solid near NHL ready prospects

Farabee - Couts - Atkinson
Tippett - Frost - Foerster
??? - Cates - Brink
Deslauriers - Desnoyers - Allison
figure they get at least one forward prospect in trade, sign one veteran forward to a short-term contract

York - TDA or ???
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Attard
Seeler
they'll be looking to add a young RHD as well from one of those trades and maybe sign a veteran RHD

The key is Hart/Ersson in goal, that could be a top 5 tandem. If so, the team just has to incrementally improve from the 48.90% xGF the last 56 games to say 50% or so - with top goalie play that could get them to 90+ points if STs improve.
If Couts is 100%, the chance of making the playoffs next year is probably on the order of 15-20%, low but not infinitesimal.
The danger would come if they did so, would they be willing to stick with the rebuild.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was told it was easy to make the playoffs. So if they don't make it within five years, someone screwed up!

I wouldn't be shocked if they made the playoffs next season, not a high probability result, but far from zero as well.

??? - Cates - Brink
figure they get at least one forward prospect in trade, sign one veteran forward to a short-term contract

York - TDA or ???
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Attard
Seeler
they'll be looking to add a young RHD as well from one of those trades and maybe sign a veteran RHD

The key is Hart/Ersson in goal, that could be a top 5 tandem. If so, the team just has to incrementally improve from the 48.90% xGF the last 56 games to say 50% or so - with top goalie play that could get them to 90+ points if STs improve.
If Couts is 100%, the chance of making the playoffs next year is probably on the order of 15-20%, low but not infinitesimal.
The danger would come if they did so, would they be willing to stick with the rebuild.

They would never, ever allow that roster to happen. Too young.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

??? - Cates - Brink

York - TDA or ???
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Attard
Seeler

that lineup would be scare no one. not a playoff 15-20% at all, also do not see top 5 goalie combo. you will also not have zamula and attard in the lineup together. never mind the fact seeler wont be sitting

"if "couts.....peeps are gonna lose their shit when "couts" has a down year. which is to be expected

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

20230203_161345.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I mean, it's possible 8 other Eastern Conference teams come down with an epidemic of arm-fall-offitis, but I don't think it's "far from zero."
They only have to sneak in, not beat the field. A key injury, a goalie going south, etc., every year a few teams under perform, a few teams over perform.
It's a long shot, but we've seen teams make this turn around with limited changes

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They only have to sneak in, not beat the field. A key injury, a goalie going south, etc., every year a few teams under perform, a few teams over perform.
It's a long shot, but we've seen teams make this turn around with limited changes

And then what? They get stomped in Round 1 then miss for the next few years while thinking the rebuild is over. Oh boy.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Farabee is hopefully a top six forward. Tippett is a 3rd liner on a good team. The team is pretty uninterested in seeing what Foerster is, and he plays the kind of smart game the team is unable to appreciate. We have no idea how Gauthier translates. Zero chance there are 4 top six forwards there.
I think Tipp will be a top 6 player. I think he hits 30G+, 55-60 pts next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad