Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
They must be on Callahan's list. Makes sense.

This might end up being the most complicated trade in NHL history at this point. Yzerman is exactly the man to pull it off if it happens too, this is not new territory for him.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Think Tampa can make it happen without giving up valuable roster players ???

I think if it's just a prospects for Karlsson deal, it would be a bit of a coup for Yzerman. You'd think Ottawa would be looking at Point or Sergachev.

We’re losing valuable roster players either way as space will have to be made for Karlsson’s next contract.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ottawa can move him at the TDL for a huge return.

If Dorion had a clue he'd have told Stevie to take his final offer or he'd be trading EK to the Leafs.

The return gets lower at the TDL because, at that point, Karlsson is a genuine rental, and only a few teams have a realistic shot at signing him.

If Dorion wants to play that game of chicken, that's his right. But it'll blow up in his face. TB still won't give up Point, but nobody else is going to give up a centerpiece player in the middle of a playoff run either.

Reactions: AndreRoy

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Cant go back and read all 96 pages of comments. I saw the trade to Tampa is complete on Eks site, but it didn’t say if it’s an e4 or and e5. Can someone clarify?

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Point is arguably their 2nd best forward after Kuch. Makes no sense as a contending team to trade him even for Karlsson. Not hard to understand.

Even better than Stamkos? Or do you mean just in terms of trade value? Not a knock against Point, I love the guy, but is he really that good?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Even better than Stamkos? Or do you mean just in terms of trade value?

It's arguable whether or not Point is better than Stamkos at the moment, but I think most TB fans feel better when Point is on the ice. He and Hedman are the only TB players on the ice in all big situations, both offensive and defensive.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
It's arguable whether or not Point is better than Stamkos at the moment, but I think most TB fans feel better when Point is on the ice. He and Hedman are the only TB players on the ice in all big situations, both offensive and defensive.

I think Stamkos is better offensively but Point is the better all-around player. But the fact that's he's that good at only 22 years of age I do agree they should definitely not trade him.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's what the players want. Gives them at least some control of where they can, or can't go.
And they do have that control without NTCs. If where they play is important to them then they should sign shorter contracts and take the risk of loss of money.

Or sign the big, long deal, get that guaranteed money, but be at the will of your contract holder.

A team should be able to get the best possible return for a player they can. If the league wants all teams to be competitive then you can't allow players to hamstring the bottom teams like this.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
Cant go back and read all 96 pages of comments. I saw the trade to Tampa is complete on Eks site, but it didn’t say if it’s an e4 or and e5. Can someone clarify?

cause he didnt break it. he reported tsn saying it was done and then tsn saying it wasant done

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
NTCs need to go.

At least for players under 30
No.
Not completely.
Just have under 30 be strictly limited NTC and zero NMC.
That way players have some control by listing say 10 teams they won’t accept a trade to, but they can still be traded.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Even better than Stamkos? Or do you mean just in terms of trade value? Not a knock against Point, I love the guy, but is he really that good?
It's like nobody really believes Tampa fans when we talk about how good Point was this year. He and Stamkos are hard to compare because they are very different players, but as far as importance in winning hockey games, he was at least as important as Stamkos this year.
I can assure you, Point has never been part of any trade conversation for Karlsson or anyone else.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
And they do have that control without NTCs. If where they play is important to them then they should sign shorter contracts and take the risk of loss of money.

Or sign the big, long deal, get that guaranteed money, but be at the will of your contract holder.

A team should be able to get the best possible return for a player they can. If the league wants all teams to be competitive then you can't allow players to hamstring the bottom teams like this.

Players should do what's in their own best interest. Why should they care about the bottom teams? I'm sure the league would prefer them gone, but that would be something to negotiate in the CBA, and the juice likely isn't worth the squeeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad