Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Nobody gives up an elite blue chipper with two years left on his ELC for an impending UFA. It simply doesn’t happen. There’s a first time for everything and I’ll be incredibly pissed if it does but the fact that you think there would need to be any add-on to Serg, much less a huge one, is simply laughable.
Hes not an impending UFA if he's agreed to an extension. Really not a difficult concept to grasp.

Reactions: golffuul

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sure. Someone will give me a fair deal? Teams don't want the best dman in the world, really?
Give me a fair price.

Ottawa won't get a fair price in this situation. TB's not trying to match a price set by Ottawa. They're trying to beat offers made by Vegas and Dallas. Dorion's only leverage is a bidding war. Once that's over, he either takes the best offer, or he gets no assets for Karlsson and the Senators' franchise is in even worse shape.

Ottawa will get a solid deal. Sergachev is a guy they can build their defense around. But TB's not going to decimate its center depth to add yet another #1D. Karlsson is a massive luxury, whereas Point is a genuine need.

Jacall

Oct 18, 2017
A lot of arguing in the thread (which is already a depressing subject for Ottawa) I was a Sens fan before Karlsson, I’ll be a Sens fan after, just very hard to be hopeful with Scrooge McDuck in charge.
I am also a massive Karlsson fan, so if he goes to Tampa, I will buy a new EK jersey (add to my recently purchased EK Ott Centennial jersey ) and will fly out to watch him in Tampa. At this point I’m just at the acceptance stage.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
I think a lot of this has shown the rumors that even legit sources put out are dubious. Gotta take everything with a grain of salt till it's all official.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Hes not an impending UFA if he's agreed to an extension. Really not a difficult concept to grasp.

He’s an impending UFA until he’s traded to our team and the extension is signed - therefore the trade is for an impending UFA. Really not a difficult concept to grasp.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

That doesn't change the situation as much as you think. If Ottawa had the option to keep him, it would. Because then TB would be bidding against Ottawa having Karlsson for 8 years, so THAT'S when the price would realistically be Point +. As is, Ottawa doesn't have that option to fall back on. So they can't just wait around for a team to meet what they think is a fair price. They have to take the best offer they can get.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
He’s an impending UFA until he’s traded to our team and the extension is signed - therefore the trade is for an impending UFA. Really not a difficult concept to grasp.
The value of an impending UFA is one year of service.

TB will be getting 9.

Stop repeated the same lie.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i STRONGLY doubt Tampa is trading for Karlsson without at least a mountain of confidence that he's staying there long term. don't act like the situation is different than that.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
That doesn't change the situation as much as you think. If Ottawa had the option to keep him, it would. Because then TB would be bidding against Ottawa having Karlsson for 8 years, so THAT'S when the price would realistically be Point +. As is, Ottawa doesn't have that option to fall back on. So they can't just wait around for a team to meet what they think is a fair price. They have to take the best offer they can get.
Ottawa can move him at the TDL for a huge return.

If Dorion had a clue he'd have told Stevie to take his final offer or he'd be trading EK to the Leafs.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Vegas is the 3rd team.

Yzerman: Wait.... WTF just happened? How’d we end up with Bobby Ryan and Vegas got EK??

giphy.gif

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
i STRONGLY doubt Tampa is trading for Karlsson without at least a mountain of confidence that he's staying there long term. don't act like the situation is different than that.

Any extension is between us and Karlsson - Ottawa doesn’t get paid for that. The Senators are selling a year of Karlsson’s services and while the possibility of an extension can encourage teams to go a bit higher in a bidding war it’s still asinine to expect an elite blue chipper with two years left on his ELC for a guy who if not traded you’re going to lose for nothing in a year. Don’t act like the situation is different than that.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Think Tampa can make it happen without giving up valuable roster players ???

I think if it's just a prospects for Karlsson deal, it would be a bit of a coup for Yzerman. You'd think Ottawa would be looking at Point or Sergachev.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The value of an impending UFA is one year of service.

TB will be getting 9.

Stop repeated the same lie.

That's only the value on one side. What exactly is Erik Karlsson's value to Ottawa right now? He's a guy who might not even show up to camp, and will definitely not play there past this year. You're not factoring that in. If Karlsson were willing to play the next 9 years in Ottawa, they could ask for whatever they wanted, but then TB wouldn't be interested. We're only here because Karlsson is a great asset at a crazily diminished price, thanks to the hijinx going on in the Senators' organization.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad