Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Footage of George McPhee tonight.

200w.gif
the longer it loops, the more accurate it becomes

Keep Karlsson out of my division! (unless it's to my team of course)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I’m sure it’s been talked about already in here but genuinely curious why it was such a sticking point to trade Hoffman out of the division but then Dorian has no issues keeping one of the best defenseman in the game in his division? Very strange
my only guess would be that Tampa was the only team that Karlsson agreed to a sign-and-trade with

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Karlsson is a better offensive player than Point though

Well 1. I think Point still has another gear and 2. I think having him drive their 2nd line makes life easier for Kucherov/Stamkos. Without him TB essentially has only 1 great Center.

It’s true though that TBs powerplay would most likely improve so maybe overall it would be better.

Point is also a better defender than Karlsson isn’t he? Doesn’t he play a lot of PK?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

We should really be questioning the Ottawa media over this. They've leaked that a deal was close 3 times now.

This deal with Tampa is real in my opinion and probably will happen tonight but this is pretty crazy

They've gotta sell papers/ads somehow.

Everyone hates the owner, might as well fuel the fire that's paying your bills

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's good, but some people here need to wake up and smell the coffee. Karlsson is the best defenseman in the NHL, and still has several good years ahead of him. The only way Point should not go is if Karlsson can't be signed.

Do you have any idea how unbalanced we'd be if we made that move? It would wreck our center depth. Stamkos isn't really a top center anymore.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I’m sure it’s been talked about already in here but genuinely curious why it was such a sticking point to trade Hoffman out of the division but then Dorian has no issues keeping one of the best defenseman in the game in his division? Very strange
has to be the return, must of been the biggest he could get.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'm sure the NHL offices are closed now. Probably won't be "official" until around 9:45am tomorrow

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It's weird how everyone sighs (for good reason) at Eklund rumours, yet I've seen at least 5-10 different wanna be insider tweets posted as inside information. I want leaks as much as anyone, but at least post from semi creditable sources.

Well, non of these other guys get their own thread tags for being wrong 100% of the time lol.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Well 1. I think Point still has another gear and 2. I think having him drive their 2nd line makes life easier for Kucherov/Stamkos. Without him TB essentially has only 1 great Center.

It’s true though that TBs powerplay would most likely improve so maybe overall it would be better.

Point is also a better defender than Karlsson isn’t he? Doesn’t he play a lot of PK?

Losing Point would certainly hurt their center depth, but that would make TJ easy to hold onto in that 2nd line spot. Karlsson drives offense at even strength as well as a high end center though, so I can't see them losing anything by adding arguably the best defenseman in the game. Not that I think they'll end up having to move Point, but if they did, I don't see how he's a guy you say no to

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Do you have any idea how unbalanced we'd be if we made that move? It would wreck our center depth. Stamkos isn't really a top center anymore.
Think of it from Ottawa's perspective. They'd be moving the best defense-man since Lidstrom for a promising kid. Point just doesn't have that value yet. If you're notgiving him up I don't see how you get Karlsson unless the add on Serg is huge.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Doesn't quite work like that I believe. Multiple trades have "been released" in the middle of the night.
What was the last trade to be announced in the middle of the night? Serious question. I remember the Erik Johnson for Stewart, Shattenkirk trade being very late. But what since?

Reactions: Stive Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad